Thread: Albania Faction Review

Default Albania Faction Review

Hello all,
    Completely new to this site but wanted to leave a review after one of the modders recommended it to me on Reddit.

First off, thank you for your work on this. I am overall very happy with what you guys have done with this game as a whole, and happy with the Albanian faction. I will point out what I liked and some things that could be improved.

-I really like how the generals can come from several noble families. This is a really nice touch and I also like how it's historically accurate, you have for example some of Skanderbeg's ancestors in there.
    -I like all of the units and found it to be much more extensive than I expected.
    -I like how the faction leader has Skanderbeg's helmet on the campaign map
    -The starting position is quite accurate, even though it's a small faction, it's true to historical form

Some things I would add/improve (consider this a wish list, I understand if they're not possible):
    -I'm not sure if it's possible, but having Albania start out as a vassal to Serbia would be more accurate (sorta like Baktria or Armenia start as vassals to the Seleukids in EBII)
    -I noticed some minor glitches, such as the general in battles appearing as a silver silhouette instead of what a general is supposed to look like
    -I would make Shkodra/Skadar be available as a core region for Albania, as historically the region in this era could be seen as both an Albanian and Serbian core region (the Dukagjini family ruled most of North Albania)
    -I'm not sure what you can do with missions, but having missions where you conquer territory along Epirus down to Aetolia would make the game more interesting and accurate, as Albanians were able to take control of territory down to there in the medieval period (see Gjin Bua Shpata), ideally it would be sort of like in EBII where the suzerain -- in this case Serbia -- tells you to conquer regions to the south, as that is what happened historically

That's all I can think of for now. I'll add if I think of anything more. Overall, great job and thanks for your work!

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Albania Faction Review

Thank you for your review. Yes, the general model is partly inspired from skanderbeg who has his own custom model when he appears. The silver generals should be fixed in the next version.

Actually, if you play as Albania in the second turn you will get a scripted vassalage offer from Serbia. This is the only possible way to have them both playable and as vassal of Serbia. So your first wish is already fulfilled.

Indeed, Skodra should be core for Albiania. Actually, I am pretty sure it already is, along with Durzzo and Valona too. If you conquer these regions you will be able to develop them as Albanian home regions.

The missions are probably something we won't do because we don't have the manpower for them at the moment. We are focusing at the moment on improving the major factions like hungary and the ottomans and make them more accurate with more fun scripts. For example, we are working on a mission for Hungary to invade Naples in order to avenge the death of King Andrew Anjou of Naples, brother of King Louis of Hungary.

Perhaps in the future we can do more interesting things with Albnia. The problem is the fragmentation of the Albanian states which were not a unitary entity. So for example. we put Albanian generals in Epirus as rebels rather than being part of the Albanian faction.

Thanks for the response. I understand that not everything can be added. Like I said, I'm very happy with this overall. I'm looking forward to seeing the scripts and missions you are working on for Hungary and the Ottomans.

From my playthrough I never got the option to build a Core Region building in Skadar. But yeah very happy with the faction.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah Skadar was not one of the Albanian core regions, it is in the new version. In the previous version the silver bodyguards were just placeholders. There are proper Albanian bodyguards now, plus Albanian nobles and heavy archers. And Gjerg Arianiti will spawn in 1397