Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epirus Legendary Let's Play [End]

Default Epirus Legendary Let's Play [End]

Hi guys.
    So, I have'nt played DeI for quite some time. I heard that there was a big update for Rome 2 recently, so I decided to give it a try. And I really cant play Rome 2 without DeI now.
    So I make a let's play. I play as my all time favourite faction: Epirus, on Legendary difficulty. Using only DeI, no submod.
    My objective in this campaign is only destroying Rome. So I win when I completely destroy the Roman.
    Here's the first part. Hope you guys enjoy it
    https://youtu.be/ao697qDd75s
    I have'nt received my micro yet, so I used Text to Speech for commentary
    Last edited by Leminh1988; May 01, 2021 at 12:38 AM.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Epirus Legendary Let's Play

Jebus, Epirus on Legendary, that is going to be tough
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

If your only goal is to destroy Rome, there's an easy way to do so, due to AI predictability. Here's what I do the first 3 turns (just the military part):

First turn, keep recruit to max (1 unit) in Magna Graecia and take all mercs. For the Greek army: recruit (2 units) (no mercs yet). Move your spy to Benevetum and deploy next to the city for recon. Disband your navy as it's not useful. End turn.

Second turn, take all mercs from Macedonia with your Greek army (should be about 6 mercenaries) and ship your army in Greece over to Italy. Keep recruiting mercs and units in Italy. Your Greek army should be halfway in transit to Magna Graecia. End turn.

Third turn, move all your armies to Benevetum (your in-transit Greek army should be able to reach it, or at least reinforce the army in Magna Graecia to take the city). Loot and occupy the city. The Romans will have usually not moved there, as they prefer to move them down into the tip of the boot for some odd reason, where they are unable to recruit more than a couple of units per turn. And since you're draining the region of mercs constantly their army will be small.

From the forth turn on it should be relatively easy, as you've cut most of their armies off from their main recruitment area. And they somehow don't want to recruit more armies in Latium, because their main armies (in Magna Graecia) aren't full. You can loot and occupy Rome the next turn. Just keep recruiting mercs and more units as you go. By this point there's little Rome can do to stop you. RIP Rome.

The above will work most of the time, save the times where Ariadei or a Greek faction attack within the first three turns. In my experience that doesn't happen too often.

But this would pretty much defeat the purpose of your campaign, which is to enjoy it...

Yeah I tried the above. It works. But I dont wanna do that because I want more fun and challenge

Glad to see you came to DeI after your AE attempt!

Hey guys.
    Part 2 is out. I recorded my voice instead of using the text to speech software in this one. Im so bad at speaking English though.
    But still, hope you guys enjoy it.
    https://youtu.be/NZmQbbo0Q5s

Hey guys, part 3 is out. I did some graphical tweaks and applied reshade on this one so it looks better now. Hope you guys enjoy it .
    https://youtu.be/xzsdn1bVPHw

Hey... Part 4 is here. Almost got a Game Over if the disease hit my main army. However, Im still somewhat lucky.
    https://youtu.be/jTcbZaGM26s

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

This does look like a serious challenge, taking on the biggest powerhouse in the game from the start and at Legendary difficulty! Concentrating on Greece sounds like a smart move.

Would you like your videos to appear in your posts? If you use this code, with only the last part of the URL: [youtube]ao697qDd75s[/youtube]

... you get this:

If you'd like to, you'd be welcome to post this series in the Rome II AARs section of the Writers' Study. (It's up to you - you don't have to do this, and there's nothing wrong with posting it where you've posted it, here in the DeI forum.)
    Last edited by Alwyn; March 28, 2021 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    This does look like a serious challenge, taking on the biggest powerhouse in the game from the start and at Legendary difficulty! Concentrating on Greece sounds like a smart move.

Would you like your videos to appear in your posts? If you use this code, with only the last part of the URL: [youtube]ao697qDd75s[/youtube]

... you get this:

If you'd like to, you'd be welcome to post this series in the Rome II AARs section of the Writers' Study. (It's up to you - you don't have to do this, and there's nothing wrong with posting it where you've posted it, here in the DeI forum.)
    Thank you very much. I would love to post the series in there, but it seems I cant enter the section. How do I enter it?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

You're welcome!

My link to the Writers' Study didn't work for some reason, I think I've fixed it. Alternatively if you're on the main Total War Center forum list, if you scroll down to TWC Library & Creative Workshop, you'll find the Writers' Study there.

Thank you very much. I just made a post there. I really hope people there will enjoy this series and dont mind my terrible English .

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    You're welcome!

My link to the Writers' Study didn't work for some reason, I think I've fixed it. Alternatively if you're on the main Total War Center forum list, if you scroll down to TWC Library & Creative Workshop, you'll find the Writers' Study there.
    Hope you don't mind, but I also jumped on this invitation.
    New to the forum, and didn't see that part of it at all...

Hey guys.
    Part 5 is here. In this part, I realized it was not a good idea to take vassal since theyre likely to betray and bite my back. So I decided to get rid of all of them .
    Hope you guys enjoy it. I have a flu so you will hear the coughing sometimes, sorry about that.

Hi guys, new episode is here.
    We have an interesting town defend battle in this one. Hope you guys like it .

Hi guys, episode 7 is here with some more interesting battle vs Athen and Sparta. I hope you guys enjoy it .

Hey guys!
    New episode is here. In this episode, we take Sparta, one step closer to our victory.

Hi guys.
    Episode 9 is out. Hope you guys enjoy it. We have naval battles in this one.
    Also I will take a few days off to take my family on a vacation. See you in the next episode .

Hello guys.
    So im back from vacation and here we have episode 10.
    In this episode, the King Pyrrhos lead his army toward Knossos, to get rid of the annoyance. Knossos and Rhodes still dont want to accept the king's generousity and sign the peace treaty, now they will have to face the king's wrath.
    In the homeland, the Roman begins to send it's armies to invade. But they have to face our strong defense.
    Glory will be ours.

Hi guys, episode 11 is here.
    In this episode, King Pyrrhos leads his army to siege Knossos.
    The Knossos has half an army, half a fleet and the garrison.
    They have double our men, so they think they could sally out and defeat us on the field, how naive they are.
    They dont know that they have to face the legendary general Pyrrhos who knows no defeat and his elite seasoned soldiers.
    The Knossos brings destruction upon themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast