Thread: BP locations

Default BP locations

Anyone have the patris locations for AS written down somewhere? And am I correct that you max out at 3? So AS can only build one more? Would anyone suggest the best place to build your 3rd and final royal homeland as AS?

Default Re: BP locations

The full requirements for the AS BP are
    seleukid7 city requires factions { f_seleukid, } and not building_present govallied and building_present_min_level hinterland_hellenistic_polis polis_two and building_present_min_level colony_hellenistic helcol_two and event_counter ecBuild_seleukid7 1 and hidden_resource hellen1 or hidden_resource satrapy or hidden_resource royal_core
    So any province with level 2 poleis and level 2 hellenistic settlers. The province also needs to be either historically hellenized, a satrapy, or important in some way. I recommend Hekatompylos as your final BP, since it's a starting province that fulfills all the hidden resource requirements and is close to your eastern frontlines. However it requires heft colonization point investment (3 in total). An alternative is Sardeis if you're planning on campaigning West, since it already comes with level 2 hellenistic settlers and can be immediately upgraded to level 2 poleis. Also, as detailed in a recent post of mines, you CAN destroy a COMPLETED BP, and next turn a spot frees up for the BP to be built elsewhere. HOWEVER, do NOT dequeue a BP once you've enqueued it. THAT will cause the script to lose track of it. So, if you need a new elite recruitment base, just destroy the BP in Seleukia and build one in a better location.

IIRC, you can stack recruitment of cataphracts in Ekbatana, so that's where I used to place the eastern basilike patris. The western one was in Pella.

Thanks for the advice. Also pretty good to know I can destroy and rebuild one but I can't deque it. Did not know that. Question: Does anyone have more detailed information on what AS temples actually do? Trying to figure out all the advantages down the road is a bit difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlazaor View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Also pretty good to know I can destroy and rebuild one but I can't deque it. Did not know that. Question: Does anyone have more detailed information on what AS temples actually do? Trying to figure out all the advantages down the road is a bit difficult.
    90% of the time you'd want Temple of Governors. Their law bonus both helps with public order and mitigates corruption. The construction time bonus helps too. There's also trait triggers for each temple archetype (Fertility, Governor, Battle, etc). They're pretty intuitive. For example, Temple of Governors may induce Harsh Governor, Temple of Fertility encourages Fertile, and Temple of Farming facilitates Country Bumpkin. Take this into consideration when choosing a temple for core provinces that don't really need public order or anti-corruption. You could have two education centers, both with advanced Education buildings, but one with Temple of Governors for raising bureaucrats and the other with Temple of Fertility for raising generals (Fertility temples also increase In Rude Health). NEVER build Temples of Fun. They increase happiness (which most buildings decrease anyways) at the cost of law, and induce a whole myriad of vices in your FMs.

Okay so for AS, Zeus would be governor, Marduk would be (?), Ancestors would be (?), Nabida would be Fertility, Appolo would be (?) and Agathita would be Fun? If Fun temples are never to exist why do they even exist in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Shlazaor View Post
    Okay so for AS, Zeus would be governor, Marduk would be (?), Ancestors would be (?), Nabida would be Fertility, Appolo would be (?) and Agathita would be Fun? If Fun temples are never to exist why do they even exist in the game?
    They increase happiness by a lot more than the other temples do (albeit at a malus to law). If your province already has negative law but positive happiness, and doesn't need a governor, maybe a Temple of Fun is appropriate

Edit: you can also check the building browser to see which god corresponds to which temple archetype

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    They increase happiness by a lot more than the other temples do (albeit at a malus to law). If your province already has negative law but positive happiness, and doesn't need a governor, maybe a Temple of Fun is appropriate

Edit: you can also check the building browser to see which god corresponds to which temple archetype
    Thanks I will give that a try. Are there hard limits to what percentage points a public order factor can provide? I seem to have maxed out @ 60% garrison public order regardless how many more troops I add in occupied Kush.