Thread: Thera "medieval total war 2 has encountered an unspecified error" problem

Default Thera "medieval total war 2 has encountered an unspecified error" problem

Hello, I recently downloaded the mod "Thera Redux" and installed it following this guide.

But each time that I try to play it I encounter this message "medieval total war 2 has encountered an unspecified error" when I launch it. Does someone have a solution?

I used medieval 2 total definitive edition on steam and I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game but it didn't change anything.

Default Re: Thera "medieval total war 2 has encountered an unspecified error" problem

Same thing, every time i try to play the campaign this damned error appear over and over again. I dont know how to solve it, so i just dropped it.

Default Re: Thera "medieval total war 2 has encountered an unspecified error" problem

Did you ensure to enable the 4k patch thing, you need to have that activated before you begin playing

I found this solution on internet and it worked for me very well.

The reason the error happens is because they are too many files on your PC that are mixed up together, this normally happens when you have too many games that are from the same company or it also happens when you uninstall and reinstall the game because some game files remain even if you remove them from control panel.
    Step 1:
    Make sure you remove programs associated with Medieval 2 Total War, this includes games such as Rome total war too, Kingdoms expansion, ALL MODS, etc...

Step 2:
    You might think that does nothing, well here comes the tricky part, NOT ALL FILES WERE DELETED! THEY ARE HIDING INSIDE YOUR COMPUTER, YOU JUST HAVE TO FLUSH THEM OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL! Proceed to step 3

Step 3:
    If you have windows 7 or vista go to my computer to the search in the top right corner of the screen, if you XP go to the search computer place.

Step 4:
    Type key words that are associated with TOTAL WAR such as SEGA, THE CREATIVE ASSEMBLY, descr, The third age, total war, battle. Think of many as you can and search them one by one and you shall see all those files come up. Search your mods too if you have some. When you think there are no files left THEN install Medieval 2

Step 5:
    Install Medieval 2 total war, then install the patch for it straight afterwards. Play the game for a while. After that install the kingdoms expansion and get the patch for that and play for a while, the error should not come up, im certain.

Step 6:
    That’s it!, if you get the error message again then you have not followed the instructions properly, if you don’t get the error then well done! VICTORY!

Regards,
    J W