Thread: Is there a reason Egypt gets African/Indian elephants but Arche Sel. only gets access to Indian?

Default Is there a reason Egypt gets African/Indian elephants but Arche Sel. only gets access to Indian?

Seems odd given how absurdly comprehensive AS roster is in terms of taking things from other places.

Default Re: Is there a reason Egypt gets African/Indian elephants but Arche Sel. only gets access to Indian?

The seleucids get access to african elephants if they control the requisite african regions.

Or maybe it's just that elephants have good taste and prefer to serve the herakles blooded line of kings and gods, and not some half-breed pajama kings of the east.
    Last edited by Hellenikon; March 20, 2021 at 03:31 PM.

Default Re: Is there a reason Egypt gets African/Indian elephants but Arche Sel. only gets access to Indian?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    The seleucids get access to african elephants if they control the requisite african regions.

Or maybe it's just that elephants have good taste and prefer to serve the herakles blooded line of kings and gods, and not some half-breed pajama kings of the east.
    Egypt gets elephants at Alexandria but I occupied it as AS and don't see them.

I'm pretty sure all three Diadoihi factions can use each other's elephant stables with a Basilike Patris government in Antiocheia/Alexandreia.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlazaor View Post
    Egypt gets elephants at Alexandria but I occupied it as AS and don't see them.
    To enable the elephant recruitment in Alexandreia, you need to controle Pselkis.

Quote Originally Posted by torf View Post
    To enable the elephant recruitment in Alexandreia, you need to controle Pselkis.
    You are correct thanks for letting me know that! Is there a reason only the towered version is available instead of both?

EDIT: Total sidenote but do movement bonus retainers stack (explorer + geographer for example)
    Last edited by Shlazaor; March 21, 2021 at 10:16 AM.

You are correct thanks for letting me know that! Is there a reason only the towered version is available instead of both?
    Because they're specifically trained elephants coming from the stables. Holding Pselkis gives you a supply for the stables.

If you want the native elephants, you have to go west.

EDIT: Total sidenote but do movement bonus retainers stack (explorer + geographer for example)
    They do

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    They do
    Thanks!