Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Changes in the phenotype of Swedish and Europid individuals and implications thereof.

Default Re: Changes in the phenotype of Swedish and Europid individuals and implications thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    I doubt that has much to do with the landscape tbh.
    Then with what?
    "牛鬼蛇神的文字" by Fu Sinian on Chinese characters.
    ("A Cow Demon and Snake God's Writing System")

"汉字不灭,中国必亡" Lu Xun also on Chinese characters.
    ("If Chinese Characters don't die, China will perish")

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Default Re: Changes in the phenotype of Swedish and Europid individuals and implications thereof.

Do you even have data to suggest that mountain dwellers have signficantly softer complexions? If not, why ask what a merely imagined/supposed trait might come from, if it existed?
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    Do you even have data to suggest that mountain dwellers have signficantly softer complexions? If not, why ask what a merely imagined/supposed trait might come from, if it existed?
    I don't have data, I know I have no hard proof. This is all speculation.
    Not all highland dwelling ethnicities would have softer complexions nor would it be a direct result of living on a mountain.
    Norwegians aren't mountain dwellers but live near them.
    Last edited by Bo1Bo1Sha3; March 31, 2021 at 07:02 AM.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

If your argument consists of speculation, we should probably close the thread.

I mean, anybody can play that game. I speculate that Australian men are over time getting broader waistlines based on their favoured environment (Pub) and the primary nutrition sources in their favoured environment (Beer)

I present this picture to evidence my speculation.

IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Moderator Emeritus

@ BoiBoiShae: So we're talking about causes that don't make sense of phenomena that don't occur? If so, would you pour me a cup of tea and tell the march hare to shut up? It's my unbirthday, you know.
    Last edited by Iskar; March 31, 2021 at 07:09 AM.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Indefinitely Banned

Check out Identitarianism. Politics not philosophy. You would like it.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gromovnik View Post
    Damn, I forgot my skull measuring equipment!
    Don't worry, I can bring my home phrenology kit.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

If this thread is ever closed by moderation, I am going to miss all the angelic mountain-dwellers and the discovery that Swedes look much more like Swedes in random pictures of Swedes than other nations do.

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    If this thread is ever closed by moderation, I am going to miss all the angelic mountain-dwellers and the discovery that Swedes look much more like Swedes in random pictures of Swedes than other nations do.
    I'm going to miss the oblique accusations of white supremacism launched by some posters here.

Speaking of which, measuring skulls produces data just like measuring feet or other appendages. It's what you do with that data that matters. Of course, those subtle distinctions will just fly over the heads of the "herp derp phrenology" crowd.

Indefinitely Banned

Above is the example you asked for in the Asian Racism Thread.

Eugenics is silly and fully bunked as racism but worse, it’s bad science.

Moderator Emeritus

@athanaric: As long as you do not make weird inferences from the measures of said feet, skulls, and other appendages onto random personality traits or cognitive capacities that is totally fine, of course. The question with data collected is always whether it is of any use to make meaningful predictions or provide explanations or whether it's just contingent numbers without further significance.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Above is the example you asked for in the Asian Racism Thread.

Eugenics is silly and fully bunked as racism but worse, it’s bad science.
    The OP is Chinese, how do you infer he's a "white supremacist"? Just because his approach to population genetics is flawed? I'm sorry but we Europeans are not responsible for arguments made by Chinese people. They have agency too, you know.

Indefinitely Banned

I never called him a white supremacist but do wonder how you infer it? The only time I reference the OP at all is to suggest Identitarianism (politics not philosophy). Antecedents matter.

The OP is Chinese, how do you infer he's a "white supremacist"? Just because his approach to population genetics is flawed? I'm sorry but we Europeans are not responsible for arguments made by Chinese people. They have agency too, you know.
    I am from Hong Kong specifically, but I don't mind being called Chinese unlike some of my fellow citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    If your argument consists of speculation, we should probably close the thread.

I mean, anybody can play that game. I speculate that Australian men are over time getting broader waistlines based on their favoured environment (Pub) and the primary nutrition sources in their favoured environment (Beer)

I present this picture to evidence my speculation.
    You could rephrase that speculation as that obesity has risen among males in Australia because of increased alcohol consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    Okay I admit, I am having a little fun here. (The thread)

Skam was pretty big in China, I didn't say Norwegians were angelic, I was only referring to what the fans of the show said about its cast: a character was given the nickname "little angel", another "Goddess", and so on. Chinese aesthetics prefer softer features, I should have been more specific.
    Last edited by Bo1Bo1Sha3; March 31, 2021 at 09:59 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

This thread is about what Scandinavians look like to individual posters. Are we talking post or pre migrant invasion?

Quote Originally Posted by Bo1Bo1Sha3 View Post
    Okay I admit, I am having a little fun here. (The thread)
    So am I and I am glad that you were not offended!

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    This thread is about what Scandinavians look like to individual posters. Are we talking post or pre migrant invasion?
    I am not sure actually. Let's ask our boys in uniform what they think.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Of course, those subtle distinctions will just fly over the heads of the "herp derp phrenology" crowd.
    You know, phrenology is herpy-derpy. On account of it being a pseudoscience.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gromovnik View Post
    You know, phrenology is herpy-derpy. On account of it being a pseudoscience.
    Phrenology is seeped in racism of the worst kind. Wannabe hoping please white jesus let us be speciesists sooner than later ideology.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123