Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Massive Rise In Racial Attacks in the United States

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Massive Rise In Racial Attacks in the United States

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    I’ll consider your attempt to shift the burden of proof evidence the discussion has run its course. What I’ve said is the shooter’s motives are TBD, and the only substance you’ve presented is reasons why Christianity is not likely to blame.

>Christianity is to blame
    >Leave Christianity out of this

So “no” to answering direct questions. That’s productive. I specifically said real world references to Christianity are welcome just not nonsense about how a Christian wouldn’t do this or that because they are Christian. That stuff is a joke. Or a troll.

I disagree on what I presented. We shall see in time. I love a good I told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    So “no” to answering direct questions. That’s productive. I specifically said real world references to Christianity are welcome just not nonsense about how a Christian wouldn’t do this or that because they are Christian. That stuff is a joke. Or a troll.

I disagree on what I presented. We shall see in time. I love a good I told you so.
    The idea that the shooter did not act in accordance with “idealized Christian garbage” but instead on some other, personal set of “real world” reasons refutes your own argument that the shooter was motivated by Christian doctrine. I’m not sure how further evidence of that idea would unrefute your claim.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Indefinitely Banned

The idea that the shooter did not act in accordance with “idealized Christian garbage” but instead on some other, personal set of “real world” reasons refutes your own argument that the shooter was motivated by Christian doctrine. I’m not sure how further evidence of that idea would unrefute your claim.
    Christian Beliefs

Christian Beliefs
    Christian beliefs are doctrine, yes.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Indefinitely Banned

Christian beliefs are doctrine, yes.
    Some. Gets closer though. I am fine with using Christian beliefs in the conversation but codification specific to one sect or the other of doctrine is theology not existence.

I can’t make my on topic views clearer. If at some point you figure out what you think or are able to answer questions I am in. This is a great example of Prod’s criticism. Meh

Some. Gets closer though. I am fine with using Christian beliefs in the conversation but codification specific to one sect or the other of doctrine is theology not existence.

I can’t make my on topic views clearer. If at some point you figure out what you think or are able to answer questions I am in. This is a great example of Prod’s criticism. Meh
    The ten commandments and words of Jesus are universal to mainstream Christian doctrine. Your caveat makes no sense.

Indefinitely Banned

The ten commandments and words of Jesus are universal to mainstream Christian doctrine. Your caveat makes no sense.
    No one lives by the Ten Commandments irl or Christianity is not simple as you seem to insist it to be.

Trust the plan. Try the answering relevant questions part. This sideline is tired right? Be well

No one lives by the Ten Commandments irl or Christianity is not simple as you seem to insist it to be.

Trust the plan. Try the answering relevant questions part. This sideline is tired right? Be well
    >The shooter was motivated by Christian doctrine irl
    >No one lives by Christian doctrine irl.

Being motivated by Christian doctrine and living by it are two different things.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Quote Originally Posted by Gromovnik View Post
    Being motivated by Christian doctrine and living by it are two different things.
    Action motivated in accordance with Christian doctrine is living Christian doctrine.

Action motivated in accordance with Christian doctrine is living Christian doctrine.
    Or a person's understanding of Christian doctrine.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Quote Originally Posted by Gromovnik View Post
    Or a person's understanding of Christian doctrine.
    If by “one person” you mean Jesus, then yes.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456