Thread: System update disables 'play all music' function in media player (again)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default System update disables 'play all music' function in media player (again)

Once again a Win10 update (20H2) has disabled my beloved 'Play all Music' function of the media player - I am talking about the taskbar right click option. If you search for media player (bottom left search field) you also get the 'play all music' option which works but you can't create a shortcut from it.

I seem to vaguely remember that the last time this happened I had re-installed media player, a rather painful undertaking as the library takes ages to rebuild (14K titles). But I also still had a nifty short cut from that time that I would like to share for those that have the same issue and cnba to re-install:
    - locate the executable file (wmplayer.exe), it's usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player
    - create a desktop shortcut from it
    - open the desktop short cut's properties and amend the 'target' entry to look as follows:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /prefetch:11 /Query:3;3;6;Play all music;29518;-1;;;;0;;;;2;;
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 16, 2021 at 11:29 PM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: System update disables 'play all music' function in media player (again)

Good to know for people who still use Windows Media Player.

Ever since AOL announced to shut down winamp.com in 2013, Winamp could be downloaded for free. Which I did and have since never get a single issue.

Besides I stop using Window Media Player years ago.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: System update disables 'play all music' function in media player (again)

The 'play all music' short cut (taskbar or otherwise) is the major reason why I haven't changed to another player. And it's still available as individual download for those versions that have removed\disabled it.