Thread: Question about the Dragon Ball series

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Default Question about the Dragon Ball series

I know the Dragon ball series have 13 universes. Do each Universes have their own timelines? Or are their a total of 7 timelines for all 13 universes?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Question about the Dragon Ball series

I'm relatively expert of Dragon Ball, it started when I was a lad and nowadays my daughter is seeing it, so.. but I have no clues about the timelines

I could be googling them, there are some good wikis out there, but I guess you can do that yourself too (also, more efficient, you can look precisely for the info you want to know)

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

all universe have 1 timeline only

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Douchebag View Post
    I know the Dragon ball series have 13 universes. Do each Universes have their own timelines? Or are their a total of 7 timelines for all 13 universes?
    Any universe has any number of undisclosed timelines due to the manipulation of time. They haven't said how many universes have alternate timelines or even how many timelines exist in the main Universe 7 where our protags reside. We can assume that there are at least 5 separate timelines in Universe 7.

This is because Future Trunks created a timeline when he used the time machine off screen in a separate timeline, then Cell created a timeline when he took the machine and came to the present timeline, then our Future Trunks used his time machine to warn the main timeline about Androids 17 and 18. Additionally in Dragon Ball Super another timeline was created when Future Trunks battled with Zamasu. So canonically there has to be about 5 timelines. Plus however many others may exist that were not shown.

In the Dragon Ball Heroes/Xenoverse series of games there would be additional timelines, possibly infinite. These are not considered canon however.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

We do have a Dragon Ball Z thread already. Might want to just merge these two threads.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Z-topic/page49

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō