Thread: How do I change monarchs?

Default How do I change monarchs?

I noticed the AI factions change monarchs. I am at 1750 and England has Victoria, Austria has Maria Theresia, but my Russia is still stuck with Peter I. My monarch should have been replaced like 3 times now. The same happened for my Sweden campaign where I got stuck with Karl XII.

Is it possible to switch monarch manually? Or assassinate them or something?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: How do I change monarchs?

Quote Originally Posted by vavrinko View Post
    I noticed the AI factions change monarchs. I am at 1750 and England has Victoria, Austria has Maria Theresia, but my Russia is still stuck with Peter I. My monarch should have been replaced like 3 times now. The same happened for my Sweden campaign where I got stuck with Karl XII.

No. I don't think so.

Only a mod can do what you suggest, so why not post your idea/request here and maybe a modder sees it.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I'll do that. Thanks

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

I notice it.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by vavrinko View Post

If the Nobility rebels and wins, they will change the government type to Absolute Monarchy (if t isn't already) and install a new monarch.

So just up the Nobility Tax Rate to the max and side with the Rebels in the Civil War that ensues three turns later. Make sure the lower class (either Middle Class or Lower Class depending on government type) is happy through the entire process, lest they rebel instead.

P.S.
    You only want this happening in your Home Region. You may need to exempt taxation in other regions of the Home Theatre while this plays out, to avoid losing those regions.
    Last edited by William of Orange; March 15, 2021 at 12:35 PM.
    Napoleon Total War Play-Throughs:

Italian Campaign - VH/VH (completed Late May, 1797)

Egyptian campaign - VH/VH (conquered all provinces Late Nov. 1800)
    Prussian Campaign - VH/VH (in progress)

Just because you CAN buy that shiny bauble - doesn't mean you SHOULD buy it.