Thread: Celtiberian migration strategy

Default Celtiberian migration strategy

Hello, I have been thinking about starting a game as Areuakoi and of course this means I have been studying the player guide and edb and campaign script

I'm interested in the celtiberian migration mechanic and having previously played colonising factions like rome, carthage and hellenistic factions I would have thought it kinda similar, but I see some important differences.

One of the biggest differences I see is that migration buildings can only be built and upgraded when you have the celtiberian migration government building constructed which makes sense as it is, but this government building can't be upgraded to any other which means if I want to have the celtiberian city state migration building in my homelands of sekeiza and kontrebia then I would have to tear down the government building, build up to celtiberian migration, then build & upgrade migration buildings, and lastly tear down celtiberian migration and rebuild government to which ever.

Is this how Areuakoi are intended to be played?

Default Re: Celtiberian migration strategy

I think how arevaci gameplay intention is that you use colony from league of cities in your homeland while anywhere else if possible you will build migration instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricity View Post
    Hello, I have been thinking about starting a game as Areuakoi and of course this means I have been studying the player guide and edb and campaign script

I'm interested in the celtiberian migration mechanic and having previously played colonising factions like rome, carthage and hellenistic factions I would have thought it kinda similar, but I see some important differences.

One of the biggest differences I see is that migration buildings can only be built and upgraded when you have the celtiberian migration government building constructed which makes sense as it is, but this government building can't be upgraded to any other which means if I want to have the celtiberian city state migration building in my homelands of sekeiza and kontrebia then I would have to tear down the government building, build up to celtiberian migration, then build & upgrade migration buildings, and lastly tear down celtiberian migration and rebuild government to which ever.

Is this how Areuakoi are intended to be played?
    No, developing the migration buildings in your homeland wouldn't be desirable. Instead, migration should be used in the periphery of your homeland. In the west it represents a process of celtiberization and development of Hispano-Celtic city-states while in the east, it represents the arrival of the Hispano-celtic mercenaries to the coast. In your homeland, you should develop the league of cities. Also, note that in western Hispania, the confederation (that doesn't need the migration tree) is a great option.

IMO the future Lusitanian revamp will bring a more interesting approach with more government options and more depth (including more options in the central Mediterranean and a better differenciation between the Lusitanian, Celtiberian and Iberian lands from a political point of view). I hope it will be more intuitive than its Celtiberian counterpart.

@Trarco, maybe this is a bit of a off-topic question, but somewhat related to the prerroman peninsula. Was there any prerroman concept or name to describe the whole peninsula? Like something equivalent to the roman use of Hispania, or greek use of Iberia. Likely in a a geographic sense and not political, since we're aware that there was no single culture but a mixture with lots of particularisms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    @Trarco, maybe this is a bit of a off-topic question, but somewhat related to the prerroman peninsula. Was there any prerroman concept or name to describe the whole peninsula? Like something equivalent to the roman use of Hispania, or greek use of Iberia. Likely in a a geographic sense and not political, since we're aware that there was no single culture but a mixture with lots of particularisms.
    In regard to the pre-Roman natives, we don't know any word for naming the Iberian Peninsula. Both Lusitanians and Celtiberians developed their scripts after the Roman conquests (although Celtiberians did it earlier and using the Iberian semi-syllabary). So, only Iberians and Tartessians (?) developed a script during pre-Roman times but we don't know the meaning of their words. We would need an "Iberian Rosetta Stone" in order to translate those scripts.

That said, Iberian script was influenced by Phoenician alphabet and it's thought (note that they are just theories) that "Hispania" had its origin in a pre-Roman Phoenician-Punic concept, maybe *i-špʰanim or *I-Span-ya. So, maybe a potential pre-Roman concept might be "Ispanya".