Thread: Does "Conversion to Eastern Imperial" apply to Thraikia?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Does "Conversion to Eastern Imperial" apply to Thraikia?

I know their control over Thrace was rather ephemeral, much like their fleeting suzerainty over the Kingdom of Macedon, but technically the Persian Achaemenid Empire did control Thrace for a little while on the European side of the Hellespont (Dardanelles). Does this mean Thracian provinces also suffer the "Conversion to Eastern Imperial" culture/polities from 20 upwards to 60% based on the level of the Local Military Colony (eastcol_one, eastcol_two, eastcol_three)? With the exception of Egypt, I know this rule exists in Anatolia and the Levant, but I'm not so sure about Thrace since I never tried it.

Usually I would just build an allied oligarchy or democracy and be done with things in the provinces north of Byzantion (where I always build directly controlled governments as Hellenistic factions). However, this time around I want to build a Local Military Colony before demolishing either a Hellenistic or Native Government (Epistateia epi Laous, Laarchia) to build an allied oligarchy in its place. That way I can recruit Zibutai Thracian noble cavalry, Thracian Hippakontistai cavalry, Thracian peltastai skirmishers, and the dreaded Rhomphaiaphoroi elite heavy infantry all from the same city.

That would be so awesome!
    I think I did that like three or four years ago and have never achieved the same thing since, but I can't remember if I suffered a public order malus for it with eastern cultural conversion.

Has anyone else done this? How do you know which provinces are affected? Is it some line of code in the "export_descr_buildings" file that explains this?

Default Re: Does "Conversion to Eastern Imperial" apply to Thraikia?

I have built the foreign colony in Thrace in my Pontic playthroughs and can confirm that Thrace does not benefit from the conversion to East Imperial culture that the foreign colony normally gives, I guess what control the Persians had over the region was too loose to warrant the conversion bonus.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Thanks for letting me know so quickly! While it was a disadvantage for you as a Pontos player, playing as Makedonia should work out just fine for me. Fun for me! Terrible for you!

Best of luck in future Pontus playthroughs, though.

Its not so bad on that end, only 15% East Imperial culture is needed to pretty much set up what I want in the region.
    Last edited by realm56; March 30, 2021 at 08:57 PM.