Thread: Need Help Adding Theodosian Wall to Stainless Steel 6.4

Icon5 Need Help Adding Theodosian Wall to Stainless Steel 6.4

I would like to add a new wonder to Constantinople called "Theodosian Wall", but I would also like for it to have a real in game battle impact. I am not up to drawing a new walled city with three wings of walls. Graphics is not my strong suit. What I would like to do is simply add another, much stronger level of wall to the descr_walls.txt file that would only be connected to the Theodosian Wonder in Constantinople. Is that possible?

I have an image of the Theodosian Wall that I need to put a frame around and place in the required folders. I know how to script a new wonder, but I would like for it to be something real on the battlefield, as in a wall that cannot be breached by siege equipment and can only be breached by cannons, thus preventing this great city from falling early in the game like it usually does.

I also would like to add The Tower of London, Newgrange (Dublin), The Great Library (Alexandria), The Cathedral of Cologne, and The Temple of Uppsala to my mod as wonders (Scotland, Norway, and Denmark are pagan (tribal) societies like Lithuania and the others in my mod).

If anyone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it. If there is a step by step tutorial for it, I would like to see it, but I have not found one so far.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

(I cannot leave MTW2 because it was the last game CA made where you could actually see the men on the field and not just a bunch of sprites. I don't care for sprites.)

Default Re: Need Help Adding Theodosian Wall to Stainless Steel 6.4

there have been quite a number of times people brought up similar ideas over the years and from what i remember it's not possible to do in a historical mod, again i dont remember why but it might be the reason we never see custom settlements in historical mods

the only useful suggestion i can give is to ask this question in the workshop, you're much more likely to catch the eye of someone who actually works with maps/custom settlements and that kind of things

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlaender View Post
    (I cannot leave MTW2 because it was the last game CA made where you could actually see the men on the field and not just a bunch of sprites. I don't care for sprites.)