Thread: Is it possible to make heavy inf. janissaries use a phalanx formation without their halberd model disappearing when entering CQC?

Default Is it possible to make heavy inf. janissaries use a phalanx formation without their halberd model disappearing when entering CQC?

tbh I ask this here since im not really sure where either this could fall under either light modeling (dabbling with the battle_models.modeldb) , light txt editing with the export_descr_units.txt or a cross of both. (so sorry if this isn't in the proper right place or not)

So i've been experimenting with the heavy inf. janissaries, trying to make them be able to use a phalanx formation, i've been somewhat successful in this as they are able to do this however when they enter CQC with the enemy (like how when an enemy enters CQC with a landsknecht unit they use their secondary attack) the janis's axes disappear as soon as they commence their secondary attack (which would be the axe part of the halberd that they swing, instead of the initial, primary, pointy, pike thrust of the halberd)

would anyone know *why* the halberds disappear when they commence their secondary attack and a way to solve it? (btw I dont get any CTD's when that happens either, which is weird)

Default Re: Is it possible to make heavy inf. janissaries use a phalanx formation without their halberd model disappearing when entering CQC?

Are you talking about that they are switching to their secondary weapon?

Default Re: Is it possible to make heavy inf. janissaries use a phalanx formation without their halberd model disappearing when entering CQC?

sorta, when they switch to their swing of the halberd (their secondary attack mode for them, which I guess would be their technical secondary weapon) the halberd model for them disappears out of existence when they change to it, however they still do the animations for it though which is weird.

That sounds like you have them a secondary animationset but didnt edit the mesh groups.
    The primaryactive group disappears when switching to the secondary weapon and the secondary active appears (if i recall correctly).