Thread: Corruption on Very Hard

Default Corruption on Very Hard

Hi All,

So sorry if already discussed, I used the search function and didn't find anything. I am having a crippling amount of corruption playing as the glorious and rejuvenated Roman Empire. I spend ~75 of my turns in debt. I will attach a screenshot below. I have found there is no real difference between having a governor and not having a governor.

Any help is appreciated!

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Corruption on Very Hard

Strange. By that point i easily get 40k per turn if not more. Are you investing in trade related buildings, ports, roads etc?

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

I find it strange as well. Good governors increase population growth, public order and income up to 1000 or more. You need to school them between 14 and 20 and keep them around good generals so they would gain good traits. Poor governors can lead army and trough victories will gain traits
    You should be swimming in money. Build everything relater to trade first and also farms for population growth. More people to tax=more money. Make trade agreements with everyone to have trade partners.

Also it appears your army is too large for your budget. Keep most expensive units in settlements or forts for free upkeep and dont use too manny mercenaries if you are on a budget.

Strange. By that point i easily get 40k per turn if not more. Are you investing in trade related buildings, ports, roads etc?
    I don't really have the money to. Any time I can loot enough enemy locations to go positive I simply recruit men to replenish since I can only recruit new men every 10 turns or so. (other than free units from missions)

• I find it strange as well. Good governors increase population growth, public order and income up to 1000 or more. You need to school them between 14 and 20 and keep them around good generals so they would gain good traits. Poor governors can lead army and trough victories will gain traits
      You should be swimming in money. Build everything relater to trade first and also farms for population growth. More people to tax=more money. Make trade agreements with everyone to have trade partners.

Also it appears your army is too large for your budget. Keep most expensive units in settlements or forts for free upkeep and dont use too manny mercenaries if you are on a budget.
    My army is only too large because corruption is so high! I would have a really nice working turnover if corruption was halved or so. Some provinces in Greece are worth between 50 and 200 florins a turn... that doesn't even support a mid tier unit let alone a garrison.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Can you look at the traits of your generals? The corruption comes from those traits so you need to find the culprits.

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by DBuckingham View Post
    I don't really have the money to. Any time I can loot enough enemy locations to go positive I simply recruit men to replenish since I can only recruit new men every 10 turns or so. (other than free units from missions)
    It's a trade-off, reduce army and start investing in economy