Thread: Cant build Basilike Patres in Memphis as ptolemaic egypt

Libertus

Default Cant build Basilike Patres in Memphis as ptolemaic egypt

As the title says i have all the requirements but the option to build does not appear but it does in kyrenaika and Ephesos, the region description clearly states that memphis should be the backbone of the ptolemaic army

Default Re: Cant build Basilike Patres in Memphis as ptolemaic egypt

The requirements for Basilike Patris are

ptolemaioi7 city requires factions { f_ptolemaioi, } and not building_present govallied and building_present_min_level hinterland_hellenistic_polis polis_two and building_present_min_level colony_hellenistic helcol_two and event_counter ecBuild_ptolemaioi7 1 and hidden_resource hellen1 or hidden_resource greek1 or hidden_resource royal_core
    The hidden_resource for Memphis are

hr_d, hr_g, hr_i, hr_j, hellen2, egypt, hyparchia, horde_target
    As you can see it doesn't have any of the three eligible hidden resources. Worry not, for Memphis starts with a level 2 hellenistic colony and can train Thracian Colonists! Once upgraded to level 3 it can yield 2 Thracian Colonists, 1 Galatian Colonist, and 1 Thracian Fast Horsemen along with the usual roster of Machairaphoroi, Thureophoroi, Thorakitai, Euzeonoi, and Aspidotai Hippeis.

Is there a reason why Pontos (plus the hellenistic factions) can't build a basilike patris in Byzantion? It can be build in Bithynia and the region adjacent to Byzantion, but not on the strait. That stopped right there my intent of making my own early constantinople.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    Is there a reason why Pontos (plus the hellenistic factions) can't build a basilike patris in Byzantion? It can be build in Bithynia and the region adjacent to Byzantion, but not on the strait. That stopped right there my intent of making my own early constantinople.
    Someone else had a similar question as you, but he was Epeiros. Most likely in both your cases Byzantion is lacking the necessary hidden resources to allow BP. As for the historical basis for Byzantion not being "important" enough to have an in-game royal_core, that's up to the EBII team's historians

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    The requirements for Basilike Patris are

The hidden_resource for Memphis are

As you can see it doesn't have any of the three eligible hidden resources. Worry not, for Memphis starts with a level 2 hellenistic colony and can train Thracian Colonists! Once upgraded to level 3 it can yield 2 Thracian Colonists, 1 Galatian Colonist, and 1 Thracian Fast Horsemen along with the usual roster of Machairaphoroi, Thureophoroi, Thorakitai, Euzeonoi, and Aspidotai Hippeis.
    Is this intended though? At first could make sesne as it deeper into Egypt and may be considered out of the most hellenistic area of influence, yet Memphis after the changes is one of the few select palces that can build helcol_three. Feels weird it doesnt qualify for the royal goverment given that tends to be more widely available.

We will either find a way, or make one.