Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] Ancient Conquest III

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [HS] Ancient Conquest III

Apologies was only informed a few hours ago. It'll be up later today.

This poor little thing is getting rather dusty.

May I give an input? I would like to switch to Discord, as the last few weeks most players here were not notified properly. Besides, TWC forum is always loading very slowly and posting the saves on third party websites as well as the screenshots is quite exhaustive over a longer period of time.
    I totally understand, why using a forum is logic in some ways, but due to the slowering progress of handing in the saves, managing the Hotseat via the TWC Hotseating Hub might be more suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Marko View Post
    May I give an input? I would like to switch to Discord, as the last few weeks most players here were not notified properly. Besides, TWC forum is always loading very slowly and posting the saves on third party websites as well as the screenshots is quite exhaustive over a longer period of time.
    I totally understand, why using a forum is logic in some ways, but due to the slowering progress of handing in the saves, managing the Hotseat via the TWC Hotseating Hub might be more suitable.
    Not notifying is the issue whit direct players themselfs. Forum is not to be blamed for it. Also I did not notice any problems with using forum like slowly loading.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoto View Post
    Not notifying is the issue whit direct players themselfs. Forum is not to be blamed for it. Also I did not notice any problems with using forum like slowly loading.
    but i also have and i have to agree whith him it would save time to switsch to discord because it's more simple.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoto View Post

Simpler doesnt mean better

Gaming Emeritus

BTW, I believe Lydia has forts with not enough units inside it, please see the rules and fix it till your next turn, or there would have to be a fine

And did Carthage assassinate/acquisite Athenian merchant? That needs to be provided with the pics, again, see the rules. And if that truly happened, I will need to see pics that you had enough percentage
    Last edited by Jadli; May 24, 2021 at 03:50 AM.

Civis

Yes I did aquisite the Athenian merchant and now I realise that I only hade 40% so I broke a rule but I only did that because he pushed me of the Iron that was there I know I shouldn’t take justice in my own hand and I’m sorry but I thought no need to make a complaint about it if I can solve that silent

I will check my upcoming save and if it is that so, I will replenish the forts or leave them.

And I know, it is due to the players not notifying other, but the forum is an indirect cause as well, because one does not occasionally/passively look into the forum, as one does with social media, e.g. Discord, it has therefore to be done in a proactive manner.

I will check my upcoming save and if it is that so, I will replenish the forts or leave them.

And I know, it is due to the players not notifying other, but the forum is an indirect cause as well, because one does not occasionally/passively look into the forum, as one does with social media, e.g. Discord, it has therefore to be done in a proactive manner.
    If someone is just occasionally/passively look at the forum even through he signed up to play HS then still it is in 100% fault of player, not a forum itself. Mover forum gives extra notification when player gets private/visitor message of coming up turn so it is nearly impossible to do not notice this unless player did not visit forum at all or the previous player did not leave him message of up coming turn, but again in such cases it is still in 100% fault of direct players not a forum itself.

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

This poor little thing is getting rather dusty.

Civis

I’ll play my turn as soon as Ural post all his battles and agent Action‘s

Gaming Emeritus

Pics must be posted when a target player asks for them, no matter how OW they are...

cool

Well, I suppose not when you are only in one HS... But lot of people who are in many hotseats check the forum actively as I do, as Im interested to see other turns and what going on as well. Not just log on when its my turn...

Yeah, I see... players can be blamed for not notifying the others (I hope that all my PNs have reached Potatoto so far here), but the forum has some issues as well: I do not know, how it works for you, guys, but the TWC often has laggs, reloads the pages and takes up to 1 min or more, until I am logged in. Uploading the saves via third party media as well as the pictures is not always the best option and sometimes it does not work well. Discord has everything in one program, even other forums have the option to upload files and pictures. Maybe it is just me complaining (mimimimimimi) on a high level or the fact that I am an incredibly lazy sloth, but I always go for the slogan "why not going for the easier way?".

KarlTSG's Avatar Foederatus

Ural's still gotta post the pictures Reaktorkern asked for?

Civis

Yes he still has to

Gaming Emeritus

Yeah, I see... players can be blamed for not notifying the others (I hope that all my PNs have reached Potatoto so far here), but the forum has some issues as well: I do not know, how it works for you, guys, but the TWC often has laggs, reloads the pages and takes up to 1 min or more, until I am logged in. Uploading the saves via third party media as well as the pictures is not always the best option and sometimes it does not work well. Discord has everything in one program, even other forums have the option to upload files and pictures. Maybe it is just me complaining (mimimimimimi) on a high level or the fact that I am an incredibly lazy sloth, but I always go for the slogan "why not going for the easier way?".
    As was said numerous time, you dont have to notify on TWC, you can use discord just fine, or whatever is suitable. But you have to notify. Preferably, two people in turn order after each other should communicate to each other what site the person prefers to be notified on, so that he knows about his turn as soon as possible. Some ppl are fine with TWC, some with disc, etc

The site works fine for me... why do you log on each time? Just hit keep me logged at all times...

The page has the ability to upload pics and saves directly, though ususally its better to post links to it, depends on everyone's personal taste... its all about habit. You can literally use discord links to saves and pics (make your own server and upload it into it. Links from direct messages dont work), nobody is forcing you guys to use mediafire or whatever you use. All is quite simple and organized once you get the hang of it I suppose, a matter of seconds, unless you have 10 battles in your turn
    Last edited by Jadli; May 25, 2021 at 10:48 AM.

Maybe you should start with your own missing screen?

Somehow i managed to make turn with missing pic of my killed merchant

And from this moment on i'm gonna take at least the same time to turn as Rome or Syria. There are no reasons why should i have less time then them.

Civis

I already said I’m sorry it only had 40% but you pushed me of so not only i have broken the rules