Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] Ancient Conquest III

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default [HS] Ancient Conquest III

Ancient Conquest III

We will be using Ancient Conquest mod. You can download the mod from its mod page https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...0-Full-Release
    and you have to apply a minor HS patch (just extract into your Ancient Conquest mod folder and overwrite) https://www.mediafire.com/file/ogxnv..._Patch.7z/file

Admin - Jadli (will likely find someone else)
    Co-admin - OPEN

Factions
    (at least 3 player factions required, preferrably far from each other. The rest will be AI. Alternatively, if there is a big interest, we could do two factions per playes, and the factions would be far.)
    Players - Potatoto, Ural, reaktorkern, Alisan, Amuro, Alertoverlord

Rome - Ysgramor
    Carthage - reaktorkern
    Satrapy of Lydia - Master Marko
    Satrapy of Syria - themzr

Gauls - Potatoto DEAD

AI
    Athens - Ural
    Berbers
    Etruria
    Syracuse
    Ilyria
    Macedonia
    Thracs
    Sparta
    Sarmatia
    Satrapy of Lydia
    Satrapy of Cilicia
    Satrapy of Syria
    Egypt

Map
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Rules

General:
    - Time for a player to play his turn is 24h. The Admin may grant an extension occasionally.
    - No exploits/bugs allowed: Posting defeats, making walls of units on map to disallow enemy agents to move and stomping/killing agents with units, surrounding armies/navies to deny retreat, intentionally spreading a plague with agents/units, stepping on a merchant to remove him from a trade resource, exploiting AI factions ( for example demanding/accepting money or settlements from AI factions), and more.
    - Restrictions for siege, agents and so on dont apply against AI.

Bugs and Exploits:
    - No exploits/bugs allowed: Posting defeats, making walls of units on map to disallow enemy agents to move and stomping/killing agents with units, surrounding armies/navies to deny retreat, intentionally spreading a plague with agents/units, stepping on a merchant to remove him from a trade resource, exploiting AI factions ( for example demanding/accepting money or settlements from AI factions), and more.
    - Full list of exploits and bugs here https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...cussion-Thread

Military rules:
    - All battles are auto-resolved. Screenshots must be posted with: odds and result screens, mouse over the odds bar to show the ratio, the armies involved with their banners visible on the campaign map, unit card of siege unit must be visible if used to directly assault settlement. In some matches manual battles against AI will be allowed.
    - Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list. Armies standing in a settlement/fort when defeated are excluded from this rule.
    - 2 forts per region per player, and forts need to have a garrison of at least 5 units, to limit fort spamming a bit. You are allowed to build forts only in the regions you own!
    - Ships cannot leave blockaded ports. It's not allowed to keep units protected by placing them in ships docked in a port.
    - It is allowed to block ports via ground troops. At least 2 units per ship required.
    - Not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny its garrison participation in battle.
    - You are not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny enemy retreat into it.
    - You are not allowed to build watchtowers.
    - Heroic victories are 100% banned and illegal. If you get a heroic victory repeatedly, contact an Admin and we may allow it.
    - Bribed units/agents cant move for one turn. As bribed generals are also counted generals stolen by princesses.
    - No ransoming allowed
    - You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile closer, for example to bring it in range of more of your forces.
    - Siege engines are allowed
    - Each unit of siege equipment can be used just once in each turn to take settlement.
    - Ballistas can assault wooden walls and forts,
    - catapults can also assault basic stone walls (but not large/huge stone walls)

Agent rules:
    - Spies are not allowed to open Gates on players, unless there is at least 60% (for large/huge settlement its 80%) chance of entering into the settlement. If a spy was has been in city for several turns, you will have to leave the settlement and enter it again. If inside the settlement is at least 1200 soldiers (720 for large/huge settlements), than spies may not open the gates anyway. Screenshots must be provided
    - Assassins cannot sabotage and are not allowed to kill family members or generals. Assassins need at least 60% chance to kill other agents, for enemy assassins/spies just 30% is required. Screenshots must be provided
    - Princess must have over 30% odds of success in order to steal a general. Pictures must be posted as proof of these odds. However, if the stealing of a general leads to a bug, such as that a besieging enemy army lifts the siege, then it would not be allowed.
    - Merchants need 60% to acquire other merchant's assets. Only allowed in your own regions, Rebel Controlled Regions, or regions you have aquired Trade rights to. Screenshots required
    - It is not allowed to put agents that cant be bribed into forts (princesses, priests,...)

Settlement rules:
    - Destruction of buildings is not allowed. Only exceptions are churches of foreign religions. They can be destroyed immediately after taking a settlement
    - Settlements gifted to your teammate should disband all units save one. No gifting regions in a war zone (bordering faction at war with, or under threat). Only allowed once per 5 turns.
    Last edited by Jadli; December 05, 2021 at 04:49 AM.

Default Re: [HS] Ancient Conquest III (minimum 3 players needed) SIGN UPS OPEN

I do not enjoy playing against AI so I will join only if all factions will be filled. I can play any faction if needed althrough I would prefere Rome.

Satrapy of Lydia. I'm in if there will be more players (5-6 at least).

Gaming Emeritus

Well, seems we are gonna have 5-6 players (see the signed up players in the OP), and we could solve Potatoto's issue by playing on a part of map?

Im thinking either:

a) Carthage, Syracuse, Rome, Gauls, Etruria, Ilyria

b) Sparta, Athens, Syracuse, Macedonia, Lydia

c) Egypt, Syria, Cilicia, Lydia, Rhodes

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Well, seems we are gonna have 5-6 players (see the signed up players in the OP), and we could solve Potatoto's issue by playing on a part of map?

Im thinking either:

a) Carthage, Syracuse, Rome, Gauls, Etruria, Ilyria

b) Sparta, Athens, Syracuse, Macedonia, Lydia

c) Egypt, Syria, Cilicia, Lydia, Rhodes

Thoughts?
    I am perfectly fine with any of those options.

Civis

hey I would also be interestet in playing
    I was thinking about Carthage ore Syracuse

C

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

ROME IS MOTHER TO US ALL! Rome.

This poor little thing is getting rather dusty.

KarlTSG's Avatar Foederatus

I'm down - Sign me up for Syria.

Gaming Emeritus

well, it seems two of you want a), and two of you want c) Seems Potatoto needs to decide, unless some of you change your mind about which faction you want to play

I think I would prefere option a, not a big deal through.

Gaming Emeritus

Well, then I would say the factions should

Rome - Alert
    Carthage - reaktorkm
    Syracuse -
    Ilyria -
    Gauls -

So which faction do you want, Ural, KArl, Potatoto?

I don't think we'd have much fun if we're all clumped in one region. It would be much better if we were spread apart, so that we may all individually grow.

Gaming Emeritus

Well, Potatoto said that he doesnt want it, so I dont know, one of you guys must make a small withdrawal here

Im ready to start the second you guys agree on somth
    Last edited by Jadli; March 12, 2021 at 08:47 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Well, Potatoto said he doesnt mind bigger map, so lets scrap this, and lets do the whole map, and he wants Gauls.

So the roster looks like this now, I think you guys should spread a bit around, especially in the east? Today is the last chance to change your faction, then we start

Rome - Alert
    Carthage - reaktorkm
    Gauls -Potatoto
    Syria - Karl
    Lydia - Ural

Gaming Emeritus

Alright Ural is gonna take Athens, so I suppose that solves the issue. I will start the HS in a few hours!

Gaming Emeritus

yea, Alright, we start! Athens up (EDIT seems a new guy or two might show up, so I will add a new save with him)

Make sure to read the rules, so you dont unitentionally break some! (make sure to install the small HS patch, otherwise you will not be able to load the save). See the OP (first post) for the list of players with links to their profiles.

Good luck to all of you

Last edited by Jadli; March 14, 2021 at 07:45 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Alright, new save with Master Marko as Lydia . Athens up https://www.mediafire.com/file/jq6j4...ns_T1.sav/file

Last edited by Alertoverlord; March 14, 2021 at 10:21 PM.

Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast