one is with K&K 0.95 and one with K&K 0.95 + dismounted order mod

i owe you one.

Default Re: Byzantium Armor Progression

Quote Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
    here is my working model DB

Download: http://files.filefront.com/burrek_KK.../fileinfo.html

there are 2 files
    one is with K&K 0.95 and one with K&K 0.95 + dismounted order mod
    Thank you for your work, but some of the armour upgrades don't seem to work with this file. For example, the first latinkon upgrade doesn't change and the first varangian guard upgrade uses the vanilla model.
    Currently playing: Lands to Conquer 2.1 with burreks & whitewolfes reskins on VH/VH

Rammstein's Avatar Templar Knight

I could have forgotten 1 or 2, thats why I asked WhiteWolf which units information he changed but I think he has not been in the forum for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
    I could have forgotten 1 or 2, thats why I asked WhiteWolf which units information he changed but I think he has not been in the forum for a while
    Sorry you got me there, since upgrading to Vista I have had some issues with getting my copy of CS2 up and running. I now have a partially working version and have been busy doing both painting for this mod and for some web work. Expect to see some nice original work in the comming release.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey von Bereau View Post
    Thank you for your work, but some of the armour upgrades don't seem to work with this file. For example, the first latinkon upgrade doesn't change and the first varangian guard upgrade uses the vanilla model.
    I am just reading over this before I head to bed so I do not have time to go over the modeldb files that were posted. Instead of going over the files and posting just the modeldb file I will release another version hopefully tommorow, or Monday at the latest.

Sorry for the delay but I will have the new modeldb that is compatible with K&K .95 up either tommorow or monday. And thanks for assisting everyone Rammstein and to everyone else I will host a fully working file asap. I am really groggy right now and can not tell you from memory unfortunatly.

Good night everyone
    Is leor nod don eolach.
    A hint is sufficient for the wise.
    Maireann croí éadrom i bhfad.
    A light heart lives longest.
    Chomh sean leis an cheo agus níos sine faoi dhó.
    As old as the mist and older by two.

First Post updated and the new version has been posted it includes the compatible modeldb file for K&K v 0.95. I know people have been wanting that so I did not finish much of the shield and peasent textures I was working on. You could possibly look foreward to those sometime this weekend, along with a different Kataphract model and texture ... possibly in the mean time enyoy
    Is leor nod don eolach.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
    First Post updated and the new version has been posted it includes the compatible modeldb file for K&K v 0.95. I know people have been wanting that so I did not finish much of the shield and peasent textures I was working on. You could possibly look foreward to those sometime this weekend, along with a different Kataphract model and texture ... possibly in the mean time enyoy
    Grrrrrrrreat!
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Nice, downloading now. Thanks again for your efforts, it is much appreciated.

I really like the banners, the new shields, and the chainmail and banded armor look. Leather looks good too. Byzantine Infantry and Guard Archers with upgrade look sweet. Excellent work overall. Plus I like the Skythikon work in progress, it helps break up the look of the Byzantines as they tend to all look alike for the most part. Outstanding job.

Bravo! (*stands up and throws flowers and other frilly-type objects at WhiteWolf*)

Matthæus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

you are my hero white wolf. great !!

but im having ctds. i dont know why i did exactly what i was asked in the readme. this ctds occur when im trying to play battle with european factions (byz-vs-egypt=ok, but byz-vs-hre=crash). and i did put modeldb from "wolfs things" in data/unitmodels (and overwritten old modeldb).
    so please help!
    Last edited by Matthæus; February 27, 2007 at 06:15 AM.

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

hey, great job! *goes back to play the byzantines once more*

Quote Originally Posted by matko View Post
    you are my hero white wolf. great !!

but im having ctds. i dont know why i did exactly what i was asked in the readme. this ctds occur when im trying to play battle with european factions (byz-vs-egypt=ok, but byz-vs-hre=crash). and i did put modeldb from "wolfs things" in data/unitmodels (and overwritten old modeldb).
    so please help!
    Make sure you have the attachments in k&k v0.95 the beater shields in the attachmentsets folder. I had an issue with that earlier and when I added them in there MTW2 worked without issue. See if that helps, try looking in your log file to see if that is where it crashed. There was an error in the vanilla modeldb where I left those entries in I rehosted the file so anyone who is having the issue, the corrected modeldb is up.
    Is leor nod don eolach.

Matthæus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

now it works!
    i forgot to put files in mod subfolder.
    stupid me

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

my new shields for the late crossbowmen:
    Last edited by joedreck; February 28, 2007 at 06:17 PM.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Nice work, purple doesn't fit at all for the Romans!

i'm a beginner. i have not much experience with photoshop.
    so i make at first the shields and banners to lern.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam

Well since we seem to be posting shield designs I suppose I should follow suite. Here is a screenie of some of my Kataphractoi shields.

Is leor nod don eolach.

nice shields.

here are my early crossbowmen with the early shield design:

Great work WhiteWolf! I will definitely be using these in my soon to be released "The Sicilian Vespers" mod, with your permission of course.

One question. I didn't do a proper install, but just dropped the texture files (banners & units) in the proper locations because I have a custom modelsdb. Will I have any problems using the mod in this manner?

I tried a couple custom battles vs the Turks with every unit available, and had no problems.

I suppose the downside will be losing the armor progression?

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    Great work WhiteWolf! I will definitely be using these in my soon to be released "The Sicilian Vespers" mod, with your permission of course.

One question. I didn't do a proper install, but just dropped the texture files (banners & units) in the proper locations because I have a custom modelsdb. Will I have any problems using the mod in this manner?

I tried a couple custom battles vs the Turks with every unit available, and had no problems.

I suppose the downside will be losing the armor progression?
    Yes you will not have the entire package that I had originally put together if you do not use my modledb file. I know you are not the only one and I will release a modders resource file that includes all my entires in the modeldb as a modders resource in either this or the next release.
    Is leor nod don eolach.