Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Le Pays De France" France is broken down into ten other factions

Default Re: "Le Pays De France" France is broken down into ten other factions

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    sounds fine dude! See about adding AOR for the factions and add mercenary buildings to recruit mercenaries.
    actually that is a nice idea I had but not practical as there are other Non french Catholic factions and I do not know what you mean by " AOR" for the factions but yes I could add a buildable Mercenary hall with "recruitable" units~

area of recruitment! would it be possible to put in the cathars? bc they lasted until the 11th century before a carpathion crusade was called on them.

I will add a mercenary hall but not area of recruitment one I do not like it that much and I think it is a "pretentious and "unrealistic" feature for instance when the British conquered India yes their recruits where "Indian" but trained and "OUTFITTED" as "BRITISH SOLDIERS! and shown how (yes trained) too use rifles and cavalry not bows and elephants, although there actually was a British army Elephant unit they used in India but this was an adaption not not "AOR" as many over-zealous modders would make it~ it was in addition too the standard units not a "replacement" them for instance in my opinion "BROKEN CRESECENT" is just CLASSIC! but this is one area I personally think it fails~
    Last edited by med2junkie909; March 14, 2021 at 02:33 PM.

I can make certain units only available if you have captured that region but I think modders have gone "way overboard with "AOR" and also "limiting their "basic" home recruitment which is not realistic at all~

may i ask what else you have done to improve all the units for each faction?

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    may i ask what else you have done to improve all the units for each faction?
    I totally understand your issues with new and different units I will say I am restricted by the era of the mod itself and the fact I am a "single"modder working on this, but what I have done is given almost every faction 1-2 new units plus added three new factions the Navarre, Condando De Barcelone`and Le Domaine` Royale` and I still may break the Holy Roman Empire into two factions of Upper and Lower Lorraine`~ thank you

Quote Originally Posted by med2junkie909 View Post
    I totally understand your issues with new and different units I will say I am restricted by the era of the mod itself and the fact I am a "single"modder working on this, but what I have done is given almost every faction 1-2 new units plus added three new factions the Navarre, Condando De Barcelone`and Le Domaine` Royale` and I still may break the Holy Roman Empire into two factions of Upper and Lower Lorraine`~ thank you
    oh sorry and "Wales" (since I added a lot of regions in Britain) so that makes 4 new factions and if I break the Hre up that will be 5

there are many Cathedrals in Western Europe I am thinking of making like 5 major settlements in France, two in England, one in germany and another in Italy/swiss alps and one in Northern spain be able too build a unique "historically accurate" Cathedral "Specific" too and only in that settlement (with its own unique descriptions and imagery and events around it of course~) , like a wonder but you cannot build it until you have a huge city and will cost like 75,000 florins and take like fifty turns too build? what do you think?

don't make cathedrals 50 turns. i like the faction idea so far. adding wales will be interesting to see how that goes. make each region slightly smaller is my only suggestion.

my choices

Britain
    London: Westminster abbey
    Salisbury: Salisbury Cathedral

France
    Paris: Notre Dame
    Amiens: our lady of Amiens
    Cluny: Cluny Abbey
    Agen: Cathedral of Agen
    Angers Cathedral of Angers
    Antibes Notre Dame De Antibes
    Avignon Notre Dame D avignon

Germany
    Cologne: Cologne Cathedral

Switzerland
    Bern: Bern Minster

Iberia
    Leon: Cathedral of Leon

ok I have decided not too do that with Cathedrals (bad idea haha) but I am gonna add some Landmark buildings present at the beginning of the game like I did in my mod on the Italian city states like in Rome I had "the Coliseum" and the "Catacombs" and Venice "The Canals" and "the Doge`s palace" and "st. Marks basilica" etc. probably definitely Stonehenge in England but I need more for France and western Germany and Switzerland and Iberia any suggestions would help! and also these could even be Geographic landmarks of the region their in like in England I will probably put in Hastings settlement "the White Cliffs of Dover"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2021-03-15 02-29-06-90.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	349.7 KB 
ID:	364352first landmark building I will probably put one in London and somewhere else in England and a lot in France

Name:	kingdoms 2021-03-15 06-31-39-66.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	360.9 KB 
ID:	364355Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2021-03-15 06-33-12-98.jpg 
Size:	355.9 KB 
ID:	364356I really cannot find many more landmark buildings which match the timeframe of this mod hehe but here are too more one Nimes and France and the other in Cluny France

Name:	kingdoms 2021-03-15 16-00-29-28.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	359.2 KB 
ID:	364363ok first of the "buildable" cathedrals
    Only the settlements of Paris(France), London(England), Amiens(France),Cologne)Germany) and Avignon(France) and Leon (Iberia or Spain) will be able too build cathedrals ( all others can only build up too Abbeys) each of these cities though can be a cathedral "Unique" and historic too that specific settlement
    they will be
    Paris Notre Dame
    London Westminster abbey
    Cologne Cathedral of Cologne
    Leon Cathedral of Leon
    Amiens Cathedral of Amiens`
    Avignon Cathedral of Avignon`

Westminster AbbeyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2021-03-15 16-49-57-41.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	333.9 KB 
ID:	364364

Name:	kingdoms 2021-03-15 18-11-07-45.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	369.5 KB 
ID:	364365Cologne Cathedral in Germany

Name:	kingdoms 2021-03-15 19-02-27-10.jpg 
Size:	295.0 KB 
ID:	364366Cathedral of Leon

Name:	kingdoms 2021-03-15 19-45-27-30.jpg 
Size:	348.9 KB 
ID:	364367our lady of Amiens

another "Landmark" building and initial event explaining about "cathedrals" and how they can only be built in of the major settlements noted~ ( no worries I can always add more) (also the event imagery is from "vanilla" I will change that )Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2021-03-15 23-00-50-53.jpg 
Size:	330.7 KB 
ID:	364368Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2021-03-15 22-59-51-32.jpg 
Size:	341.1 KB 
ID:	364369

Name:	kingdoms 2021-03-16 06-32-31-86.jpg 
Size:	375.3 KB 
ID:	364371I added one more special Cathedral in Avignon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast