Thread: Warcries, Javelins, and Thunderous Hooves. A RTW Gaul Campaign With Only Low-Tier Units

Default Warcries, Javelins, and Thunderous Hooves. A RTW Gaul Campaign With Only Low-Tier Units

Hi everyone.

It has always been an ambition of mine to beat the Gaul campaign in Rome Total War. It has frustrated me since childhood, and while I know I probably can do it, I've yet to see it through. This series is me putting my money where my mouth is and forcing myself to throw myself into a Gallic campaign, do or die, and as an added bit of spice (because I know everything under the sun has been done with this game by now), I'm only allowed to use the three basic units in the Gallic roster: warbands, skirmisher warbands, and the formidable but fragile barbarian cavalry.

Without further delay, let's get into the fray.

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Warcries, Javelins, and Thunderous Hooves. A RTW Gaul Campaign With Only Low-Tier Units

Thanks for posting this. I've only just spotted it, so I can't comment on the video yet, but this is a really interesting idea!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Warcries, Javelins, and Thunderous Hooves. A RTW Gaul Campaign With Only Low-Tier Units

This looks very challenging - I noticed in your first battle that you're not only restricting yourself to recruiting basic units, you're even keeping your generals out of the fighting. Good luck!