Thread: Help Needed

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Default Help Needed

So first of all what a mod absolutely love it and I refuse to go back to vanilla after playing.

Now my issue is this however, is that I find the turn time painfully slow and my game seems to 'freeze' for a few seconds at the end of every turn. From modding other early TW titles this usually seems to be interlinked with the use of scripting. I find I don't have much to fully immerse myself in games anymore like I used to do and would really like to play DEI but with a quicker turn time.

Now I do really enjoy the supply/ pop system but I would be happy to sacrifice this if it meant my turn time was much quicker and I could just enjoy the amazing battles and everything else DEI.

So my question is; is the slow turn time down to the supply/ pop scripts? If it is I've tried downloading the no supply/pop system on the subforums but can't get it to work, and if its not this is there anything else I can do to speed up the turn times?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Help Needed

Supply and population have something to do with it but a lot of it is simply the amount of characters from the family tree system that was added and AI characters as well. So, the trait systems and many other scripted systems add to it. Its not really one thing but rather the insane amount of custom systems the mod has all add together to make longer turn times.

Having said that, I personally don't find them that long. The "hitch" when you hit end turn usually is a second or two for me and turn times take about 30-45 seconds with an SSD. At later game stages they get longer, maybe a minute or so. I don't find that too bad but maybe I am coming from an earlier gaming time when I was used to 3-5 minute turn times.

I think throwing out the systems that make this mod unique in order to play it faster is missing the entire point of the mod, but again that is just my opinion. If you want to get to battles that is fine but that is only part of the experience. The pop/supply submods that turn them off should work fine, you just have to load them in front of the rest of the mod.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Help Needed

There is a lot going on alright!

I was just never a fan of Rome 2's campaign to begin with, I much prefer the older title's campaign style and only played R2's battles. Very old school player, but the AOR, units and battles in DEI and its feeling are really something else. The only campaign I'll play is with DEI but my main enjoyment with R2 has always been the battles. So if I can enjoy all those I'm happy and thanks for all the work you've done.

Do I just drop that pop/supply submod into steam>steamapps>common>Total War Rome 2> data and then load it first on steam? Thanks again
    Last edited by Agrippa19; March 04, 2021 at 06:11 PM.