View Poll Results: [Poll] What Difficulty(Campaign Map/Battle)/Recruitment Rate Is Best/The Most Balanced For A Rome Campaign ?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 Turn Medium/Medium

0 0%
  • 0 Turn Medium/Hard

0 0%
  • 0 Turn Hard/Medium

0 0%
  • 0 Turn Hard/Hard

0 0%
  • 1 Turn Medium/Medium

0 0%
  • 1 Turn Medium/Hard

0 0%
  • 1 Turn Hard/Medium

0 0%
  • 1 Turn Hard/Hard

2 100.00%

Thread: [Poll] What Difficulty/Recruitment Rate Is Best/The Most Balanced For A Rome Campaign ?

Default [Poll] What Difficulty/Recruitment Rate Is Best/The Most Balanced For A Rome Campaign ?

What recruitment rate and campaign/battle difficulty is best for a Rome Campaign ?

I've seen posts saying medium/medium is what the mod is designed for and others hard/hard. These posts were discussing old versions, though it is at least clear that very hard/very hard is utterly broken.

Thanks for the help !

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Poll] What Difficulty/Recruitment Rate Is Best/The Most Balanced For A Rome Campaign ?

My preference is H/H for almost all Factions, as personally I find the campaign better balanced and I don't really put much emphasis on the need for diplomacy use. As for battle difficulty that just feels about right and gives the AI a chance though I occasionally play VH battle when I have a masochistic moment...or play as the Romans Many mods are balanced without any thought to diplomacy options, and as RTW/BI is broken, on Easy/Medium this can weigh the campaign heavily in favour of the player with successful use of diplomacy, on Hard, diplomacy is quite erratic so can become irritating and on Very Hard it more or less tells you off. On battle difficulty it's very much down to personal choice as to how much resistance you are content with. Stat wise Easy= +4 attack & better morale to player, Medium= no gain to player or AI, Hard= +4 & improved morale to AI and Very Hard= +7 & high morale to AI, you makes your bed and lie in it, you cannot change it once the campaign has started
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 03, 2021 at 01:21 AM. Reason: added info
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Default Re: [Poll] What Difficulty/Recruitment Rate Is Best/The Most Balanced For A Rome Campaign ?

Hey thanks for the information and advice, you play 1 turn right ? I just think it would be odd for it to take nine in game years to recruit say 18 cohorts of a numbered legion from one settlement, then again it is just a game.

Does late game Hard/Hard 0 turn become ridiculous in the number of stacks thrown at you, such that 1 turn is preferable ?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyyyy View Post
    Hey thanks for the information and advice, you play 1 turn right ? I just think it would be odd for it to take nine in game years to recruit say 18 cohorts of a numbered legion from one settlement, then again it is just a game.
    No worries laddie....Aye true, it's just a game at the end of the day. The reason my preference is 1-turn is for a slower more immersive campaign, where winning battles can actually mean something strategically, rather than sometimes fighting 4/5 battles before the end turn that don't really mean anything other than a spam-fest of armies in front of you, now that's what I call odd....and unrealistic if you want to go down that route. My reasoning is this, is it realistic to possibly recruit over 22,000 fully trained Legionnaires(huge unit size) every 6 months from one settlement? That means one helluva population size with the appropriate age group and a huge boot camp with the required number of experienced combat drill instructors....my answer is always NO.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyyyy View Post
    Does late game Hard/Hard 0 turn become ridiculous in the number of stacks thrown at you, such that 1 turn is preferable ?
    It becomes more ridiculous before then.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Thanks, good to hear someone else's thinking on it !