Thread: Is It Just Me Or Does AI Massively Cheat?

Default Is It Just Me Or Does AI Massively Cheat?

I am playing the Total War Warhammer 2: Eye of Vortex Campaign, as the Bretonnians.

I totally and utterly crushed a Vampire army, killed the leader/lord and destroyed the entire army to the last man. The victory screen revealed they had zero troops remaining. After the victory screen cleared the enemy lord was about 3-4 spots away and had a retinue/army of about 8 full strength units of varying quality.

How did that happen?

Note we were 4 turns march from his nearest city, deep in my territory.

I had to attack and crush the new stack before that vampire lord was actually, finally, dead.

I also have spent 4 turns chasing after a Wandering Dead horde stack and they keep getting further and further away with each movement turn, I cannot catch up with them.

It is apparent to me that the AI is able to do three things...

1- Conjure up replacements/fresh units IMMEDIATELY after a battle to the tune of 6-8+ full strength units.

2- Maintain alive a lord that was killed in the battle.

3- Move considerably farther than I can move, and regularly outpace me, getting further and further away, even when I use campaign march commands.

It leaves the game almost unplayable because I cannot even chase down an AI army and the AI will only engage me when they have an absurd 3 or 4 to 1 advantage.

Do you have experiences with the AI cheating?
    "God is, as man conceives Him, the reflected image of man himself." Albert Pike in Morals and Dogma (33° AASR)

Ignore list [to save time]-
    Ferrets54, Hanny, Harith, mongrel, Setekh, Gaidin, Bismarck1899, antaeus, empr guy, Enros, IronBrig4, The spartan, the_mango55, Sar1n,

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Is It Just Me Or Does AI Massively Cheat?

Eye of Vortex ? With Bretonnia?
    What difficulty settings?

And yes, AI is cheating.

And Vampires may not be the best to define a standard, because they have the raise dead ability. With immediate recruit.
    Last edited by Steph; March 03, 2021 at 12:30 AM.

Default Re: Is It Just Me Or Does AI Massively Cheat?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Eye of Vortex ? With Bretonnia?
    What difficulty settings?

And yes, AI is cheating.

And Vampires may not be the best to define a standard, because they have the raise dead ability. With immediate recruit.

That wouldn't explain how they got high-level cavalry and how the dead lord [I killed him in battle] was suddenly back, would it?
    "God is, as man conceives Him, the reflected image of man himself." Albert Pike in Morals and Dogma (33° AASR)

Ignore list [to save time]-
    Ferrets54, Hanny, Harith, mongrel, Setekh, Gaidin, Bismarck1899, antaeus, empr guy, Enros, IronBrig4, The spartan, the_mango55, Sar1n,