Thread: Palm Trees in Italy

Default Palm Trees in Italy

Just as the title says. When I play on the Italian campaign battle maps I want palm trees (from Egypt campaign/desert maps) mixed in, if not replacing all of the trees. How would I go about doing this?

I have already succeeded in integrating different trees on the campaign map so this is another experiment.

Any ideas?
    [signature]

Default Re: Palm Trees in Italy

Quote Originally Posted by WAR monger View Post
    Just as the title says. When I play on the Italian campaign battle maps I want palm trees (from Egypt campaign/desert maps) mixed in, if not replacing all of the trees. How would I go about doing this?

I have already succeeded in integrating different trees on the campaign map so this is another experiment.

Any ideas?
    So I have two options: replacing the rigidmodel files in the Mediterranean climate and all other related climates, or finding a way for the db to replace the trees without having to replacer models and textures..or maybe a hybrid of both methods. Help from anyone would be great. So far I've tried the first method head on and it has result in the attached images.

If anyone knows what causes this models issue, I'll try and move forward, but I feel as though a hybrid method will be less invasive of the files.

In other words can I change the climate used in a region without replacing files?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210304110321_1.jpg   20210304110336_1.jpg  
    Last edited by WAR monger; March 05, 2021 at 10:15 AM.
    [signature]