Thread: Are Yuezhi cavalry/Saka Noble Cavalry supposed to be recruited from barbarian/warlord holds?

Default Are Yuezhi cavalry/Saka Noble Cavalry supposed to be recruited from barbarian/warlord holds?

I was playing as the Saka and I noticed that you could only recruit those units from the barbarian hold building line, which seems somewhat strange. Is this intended?

Default Re: Are Yuezhi cavalry/Saka Noble Cavalry supposed to be recruited from barbarian/warlord holds?

Yes there are various barbarian units in many rosters that are recruited from various commons, religious and other buildings.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Are Yuezhi cavalry/Saka Noble Cavalry supposed to be recruited from barbarian/warlord holds?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Yes there are various barbarian units in many rosters that are recruited from various commons, religious and other buildings.
    Apparently heavy Yuezhi cavalry are easily recruitable from a level 3 cavalry building; but basic Yuezhi cavalry need to be recruited from the Warlord's hold, which requires significant progress on the tech tree. Not saying your approach is wrong, just seems like a holdover from pre-1.27 to have the units separated like that. Maybe both should be from the warlord's hold chain? Or the higher-tier unit?

The new unit is a reform unit if I remember, although I agree both should probably be in the same building tree.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----