Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] Divide et Impera 1.2.7 Released!

Default Re: [RELEASE] Divide et Impera 1.2.7 Released!

Hey dudes.

I have a small observation regarding the "new" Illyrian sica units. I was under the impression you wanted to transform earlier sword units into sica units in order to make them "more Illyrian" (which was a great idea btw).

However, it seems that the Unit_Descriptions_Long weren`t changed (or weren`t changed properly to reflect the change of the unit) for either of the two units.
    Also, the Unit_Names entry wasn`t changed for the heavy sica swordsman (they are still called Dardanioi Epilektoi).

I took the liberty and changed all that (fixed (Imo) both the descriptions and the name). I`ll attach the file with the changes to this post. If anyone else thinks this is the right way to go about this, he can use this.

P.S. I also fixed a few typos and incorrect sentences in the Unit_Descriptions_Long, but there are so many of them for the newer units... I can try to proofread and fix some of those for you guys if you want.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks, the "long" descriptions are often neglected due to time involvement and generally me forgetting

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

HI Dresden, I assume a new campaign is best to take advantage of 1.2.7.x?

Is there any possibility of baggage trains to be introduced as 'agents' in the army? Losing a unit of soldiers and having a useless unit in an army formation don't quite add up :-)
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

better to use a new campaign but 126 saves should be technically save game compatible with some specific issues that should solve themselves in some turns

no there is no way to raise "agent" type number but there is a technical way to do something similar which isn't multiplayer compatible (like capital change) so it won't be used

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by jegui View Post
    HI Dresden, I assume a new campaign is best to take advantage of 1.2.7.x?

Is there any possibility of baggage trains to be introduced as 'agents' in the army? Losing a unit of soldiers and having a useless unit in an army formation don't quite add up :-)
    This is the point of baggage train, it provides lots of bonuses, including battle bonuses, in exchange for unit slot. For example ammo buffs in nomadic army actually sort of gives you in total as much more ammo as if you had few more extra units in army.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    This is the point of baggage train, it provides lots of bonuses, including battle bonuses, in exchange for unit slot. For example ammo buffs in nomadic army actually sort of gives you in total as much more ammo as if you had few more extra units in army.
    hhhmmmm, how about for Roman armies? 15% more ammunition does not seem to replace a full unit of legionaries or hastati/principee... I don't quite see how the army composition could be realistic now.
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Patrician

They should not be used at all times but they will protect your troops from dying, for example without it you will lose more troops per turn than save from one extra unit. They also come with other advantages as well. Having them as agent would mean there are literally no drawbacks of having them. Also going to your point about realistic composition, I dont think it was ever a thing in a TW game but considering how many battles were lost or heavily influenced by baggage train, there presence is waranted. Anyway, main point it that they are not mandatory to be in every army, you take them in places you know you will need them like desert or as extra ammo/supplies etc for sieges. In the future we want to make baggage trains even more culture specific with bonuses.

The baggage train adds enough ammo to get a slot in my horse archer armies. It can make all the difference.

Hello guys hope you all doing well.I have one question/suggestion.Is it possible to modify the movement range of armies according to units?If so can you guys make it so that movies with cav and light infantry move further while armis with heavier units have shorter range?To make it more tactical and actually make ppl use lighter units in armies more often that just using heavy infantry and cav only.Maybe if it would be possible to have a meter or numbers indicating your army's current speed with the units you have in.Would be cool to have to use lighter unit armies more often the just using phhalanx or legions.You could use heavier armies for tactical battles and lighter ones for sieges or rapid raids.

Patrician

It is already like that, just more general one. So at the moment, infantry has same range, cav has more range, elephants between inf and cav, arty slows army down, smaller arty slows down less etc. But we can easily do same for light/heavy infantry.

I know that there is a diference in movement range with infantry arty and cav.But i was mostly refering to light and heavy infantry.Tactical armies vs like siege/raid armies.So maybe also cav with light infantry can move further while cav with heavy infantry shorter ranges.Maybe also some elite bodyguard units like hyspastis could also move further like lights so to their extreme dicsipline.When i was talking about that i had in mind the campaigns of Alexander the great who after reached farther into the east almost every time he wanted to rapidly advance to catch someone of guard or put down some rebellion he used half of his Hetairei his light cav his Agrianians other light inf and archers and his Hypaspits who could keep up with the speed of the light units.Would be cool just saying.Also what you did with the baggage train and late roman armies who can move further is realy nice.

Did hoplites receive a boost with the recent release which doesn't appear in the changelog? They were never especially easy to break, but last night I had an unusually difficult battle against Sparta. I sent a 6,000 strong Polybian legion against a 7,500 strong Spartan army, routed its cavalry and light infantry, and then got decisively crushed in the heavy infantry melee. This was despite having most of their units completely enveloped for half the battle. The Spartan hoplite phalanxes just melted my hastati, principes, triarii, and even a mercenary Macedonian pike phalanx.

It took sending in a second legion to destroy the Spartan stack, and despite this battle being 6,000 vs 4,500 with the Spartan phalanx totally surrounded for a majority of the fighting, I still nearly lost. I lost 6 heavy cavalry units (equites and mercenary equites) just rear-charging the Spartan general's phalanx. The end result was 4,000 Spartans died before their army finally routed. This campaign was so pyrrhic that of the four legions I sent on my invasion of Greece, two are being sent back in tatters to recuperate in Italy, after fighting just the one Spartan stack.

I've never had such a tough time breaking phalanxes before, including Spartan ones, especially when extensively engaging them from the rear like I did in those two battles. Did hoplites get a boost? Did Rome get a nerf? Are Spartans just more bad-ass than I remember them being?

Patrician

Hoplites got a nerf in last patch to both HP and stats, penalty for rear charging was also increased. They were always easy to break, I still stand by that phalanx units are easiest to beat as a player. Spartans are stronger than other hoplites so they excel overall among this units due to a bit better HP. Make sure to keep battle difficulty on normal.

Thanks for the response, Kam. I guess I just forgot how capable Spartan units are. Perhaps my surprise over yesterday's battles is also because my last campaign was as Macedon, and I have never lost a heavy infantry engagement as that faction. Hence, I am not used to this outcome.

Personally I find light spear/sword armies (ie, European barbarians and non-Hellenic Middle Eastern factions) the easiest to destroy.

Use ranged units in their back. Slingers wreak havoc in hoplites.

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Also - Hoplites are speed 2.
    If you've destroyed the other elements of their army, disengage and run away, they chase you, become tired - then you either hit them on the move or just whittle them down.
    It takes some micromanagement, but it's quite doable.

Enclave76's Avatar Foederatus

Main Masaesyli campaign, I see Massylian units have no attribute for no loss in the desert
    Check it please

And there is not AOR_14_Numidian_Slingers in numidian military group

This is not a bug report thread. The second one is intentional, if its a unit from a faction's roster they don't get repeat entries.
    Last edited by Dresden; March 23, 2021 at 02:59 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    This is not a bug report thread
    No problem, moved

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast