Thread: Beginner's Guide

Icon5 Beginner's Guide

Hello,
    So I've heard about this mod and is currently about to download and try it again (I've tried it before but I delete the mod because I wanna try another mod). But Im a beginner and I dont know a lot of stuff about the mod. Can you please post a beginner's guide about the mod, and not like the ultimate plan for the campaign but more like a tips and tricks on what to do & what not to do. Thank you!

Default Re: Beginner's Guide

I can help you, although it is not a complete and definitive
    guide, but I have experience in RO, but if you want to talk to the developers @julianus heraclius and @Joar, will help you.
    I assume you're playing the campaign with Aurelianus in 270.

---FIRST TURNS---

1- Start before doing anything, when reorganizing the Empire, the situation is critical because the whole nation is in political and military crisis and it is up to Aurelian to end it. Regions with public order below 70% will revolt, so keep regions above 65% (70 is the middle between revolt and stability, and below it ALL regions revolt). Increase city taxes as long as they keep public order by 70% or above (taxation is essential for you to maintain your economy).

2- Fight and destroy the Roman rebels in northern Italy on the first turn with Aurelian, with him will have two armies with legions, in addition to his full cavalry stack, reorganize one of these armies and take Aurelian to lead him, two slots left in that army and therefore fill with elite cavalry (it is the key to winning the battle). Fight Quintilius, yes against his two armies, it is not difficult, just kill him and the captain of the other army and use his heavy cavalry to flank the enemy. Upon killing him, the Romans Rebels factions will be destroyed because he was the only member of the family, and with the army being in the Mediolanium region, you siege Aquileia and take him on the second turn.

3- Do not let those who have low Loyalty command the armies because it will be REBELLED and you will lose a great strength, and if you need to send armies and take them out of the cities, do not send them with these generals or you will lose . Only generals with HIGH LOYALTY can command, at most they can serve as lieutenants and lay someone more capable in command.

4- Repair the regions that have damaged buildings in Greece and Asia Minor, Greece is the richest region in the game and should have all economic buildings intact.

5- With the remaining money, build in the provinces that have the highest economic rate, buildings that generate public order and money, such as Roads, Fishing Trade, etc.

6- The fight against the barbarians army's that pressure the frontiers must be won by the tactics of cavalry and flanking, only legions could not stand these hordes, so use the cavalry to preclude the flanks in battles and as soon as one side falls, the battle will be, wins. With the Goths, wait and train new troops in the cities they are close to, so they can resist the sieges, and with the situation in the North stabilized by Aurelian's actions, return with him to destroy the Goths, try to divide their army and kill their leaders, do not fight more than one enemy army together, unless the certainty of victory is clear.

---END---

Well, that's it, try to follow these tips that will have an effect, for the situation in Dacia there is not much to do, but as your forts are surrounded, send the legions behind the enemy army to make them abandon the sieges and destroy them all individually.
    That is, of course for the beginning, only the part that talks about the Godos and about Dacia is more in the future of the campaign, moreover in the first rounds you do what will have an effect. Hope this helps.
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

Thanks! I now know my strategy and tactics for a future campaign as Aurelian.
    P.S: I have a question. Is there a script that causes Aurelian to die (just as he does in real life)? If there is, how do I stop that from happening? Because I do wanna play as Aurelian for a longer time.

I do not know if there is a script about the death of Aurelianus in 275, but I know that in the campaign with Claudius II Ghoticus, he died in 270 because of a scrpit.
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by ToastCake View Post
    Thanks! I now know my strategy and tactics for a future campaign as Aurelian.
    P.S: I have a question. Is there a script that causes Aurelian to die (just as he does in real life)? If there is, how do I stop that from happening? Because I do wanna play as Aurelian for a longer time.
    Aurelian's death is not scripted.

Too bad he cannot have any children due to his old age and set up a legitimate Roman Royal Family Tree(I don't know about adoption and stuff), but at least he ain't gonna die in the next 5 years/30 turns or so.

McScottish's Avatar The Scribbling Scotsman

Oh he can have children, and regularly does, it's the fact that he may well die before they reach their majority that does it.

Quote Originally Posted by McScottish View Post
    Oh he can have children, and regularly does, it's the fact that he may well die before they reach their majority that does it.
    Characters over 55 years old are very difficult to be parents, since they are already extremely old, more can happen more is rare, and Aurelianus is 57 years old at the beginning of the campaign in 270.
    I think I should have an additional script about the Aurelianus' death and its succession, even the historic revolts that occurred with his regrettable death ...

The fact that the script is 6 turns long for every year does make the chances of having children higher if I'm right. But setting up the script for Aurelian to die in 30 turns is a bit harsh in my opinion due to the players needing more than 30 turns to restore the empire in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by l5c4sl3m0s View Post
    although it is not a complete and definitive guide
    I might do something similar to my 1st turn guide for SAI. Just need to find the time. For now I'll only say...stay healthy everybody!

Any Tips playing with palmyra 270bc 268bc and how do u increase generals loyalty