Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Discussion] Magistrate Transparency Act

Default [Discussion] Magistrate Transparency Act

Magistrates should be obligated to publicly disclose their votes either yea/nay for every appeal.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Discussion] Magistrate Transparency Act

you could at least explain why you say so.

Oh wait. Maybe you want to close this thread now you know the guy who did not vote as you would like in the last tribunal appeal is not a magistrate but a tribune.
    Last edited by mishkin; February 27, 2021 at 08:26 AM.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

nvm.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; February 27, 2021 at 09:02 AM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Magistrates should be obligated to publicly disclose their votes either yea/nay for every appeal.
    No. They should not be obligated to do that, otherwise they can easily become corrupt (not saying anyone is at this point) mostly due for having a lot of friends.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

I agree. Public decisions should be accompanied by a written thesis from each judge. Magistrates or Tribunes.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Rush View Post
    I agree. Public decisions should be accompanied by a written thesis from each judge. Magistrates or Tribunes.
    Each decision is already accompanied by an explanation which is agreed upon by the judges prior to the publication of the ruling. If there is a split decision, the views of the diverging judge are also presented.

Blog Entries

What about an amendment for which the one proposing an amendment or discussion must offer some kind of argument?

Why is this discussion not closed because the OP is totally insufficient?

Quote Originally Posted by makawa View Post
    Why is this discussion not closed because the OP is totally insufficient?
    You need to ask KA about that.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    You need to ask KA about that.
    And what do you think? Do you think that citizens should be allowed to open discussions without substantiating them at all? Do you think they should be allowed to open discussions for reasons as frivolous as the rejection of an opinion expressed by a member of the tribunal? Furthermore, do you think it is citizen behavior or is it terribly childish?

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

And what do you think? Do you think that citizens should be allowed to open discussions without substantiating them at all? Do you think they should be allowed to open discussions for reasons as frivolous as the rejection of an opinion expressed by a member of the tribunal?
    A proposal reflects on the proposer, so the system is kinda self-regulating. (Irrespective of what I think of this particular one.)

Furthermore, do you think it is citizen behavior or is it terribly childish?
    Is that really a dichotomy or rather a synonymy?
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

And what do you think? Do you think that citizens should be allowed to open discussions without substantiating them at all? Do you think they should be allowed to open discussions for reasons as frivolous as the rejection of an opinion expressed by a member of the tribunal? Furthermore, do you think it is citizen behavior or is it terribly childish?
    What opinion I have about this thread is irrelevant as I only answer your question.

Besides, even if I wanted to express my opinion I decide when and where, but for now I choose to keep that for myself.

Blog Entries

ok. Sorry Leonardo if i have bothered you.

That's okay.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Seems that Ponti didn't give up on his bad posting habbit. This one is like throwing a piece of meat in the middle of starving dogs and watching what's happening (sorry for that comparaison but could't find a better pic for it. Also note that I'm not considering those who posted here as such ).
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 01, 2021 at 02:51 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Fantastic thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Seems that Ponti didn't give up on his bad posting habbit. This one is like throwing a piece of meat in the middle of starving dogs and watching what's happening (sorry for that comparaison but could't find a better pic for it. Also note that I'm not considering those who posted here as such ).
    Your analysis could not be less embarrassing if a council of persons meant to mitigate your embarrassment convened for days, months, or years to arrive at some decision in order for you to save face. This says nothing of your spelling, which I could also address but will not. The fact you are engaged to train moderators on this site inspires me with nothing but trepidation and fear.

Lifthrasir's quite frankly short sighted, amateurish, and uninspired analysis aside, (I'm embarrassed for him, frankly, and really I expected better from him), the point remains.

The Curia elects Magistrates, the Curia deserves to know how each Magistrate analyzes each case.

Blog Entries

Your analysis could not be less embarrassing if a council of persons meant to mitigate your embarrassment convened for days, months, or years to arrive at some decision in order for you to save face. This says nothing of your spelling, which I could also address but will not. The fact you are engaged to train moderators on this site inspires me with nothing but trepidation and fear.

Lifthrasir's quite frankly short sighted, amateurish, and uninspired analysis aside, (I'm embarrassed for him, frankly, and really I expected better from him), the point remains.

The Curia elects Magistrates, the Curia deserves to know how each Magistrate analyzes each case.
    A three paragraph answer. The first two personal attacks, the last a sentence with almost zero argumentative value.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

What is posted in the Judges' Quarters is subject to Non-Disclosure. No one has a right to have it disclosed. Nothing is keeping you from talking to Magistrates and they may give you their personal opinion (without breaching ND with regards to what other judges said) if they so wish. A mandatory public explanation by each magistrate would make them hostages of public acclaim outside of the actual elections, though.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Lifthrasir's quite frankly short sighted, amateurish, and uninspired analysis aside, (I'm embarrassed for him, frankly, and really I expected better from him)
    , the point remains.
    After disrupting the mudpit, trolling the Devia with Dr. Suess, he's finally insulting and trolling in the Prothalamos...

When, o Pontifex Maximus, do you mean to cease abusing our patience? How long is that madness of yours still to mock us? When is there to be an end of that unbridled audacity of yours, swaggering about as it does now?
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

If no resolution is made and stuck to, expect the same to happen again and an example to be made for anyone else looking to tread the edge of civility.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast