Thread: How to remove 'Yari Wall' ability?

Default How to remove 'Yari Wall' ability?

How would one stop the 'Yari Wall' ability from appearing in the game?

In the unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions_table it lists units and then their abilities, e.g.

Inf_Spear_Yari_Ashigaru / pike_wall_formation

I made a mod in which I took this table and deleted all the lines for units with pike_wall_formation. So the mod is using the original table, with several lines deleted.

However, it hasn't worked and Yari Ashigaru are still able to use the 'Yari Wall' ability.

So, how to do it?

Thanks.

Default Re: How to remove 'Yari Wall' ability?

There is a field in unit_stats_land for "pike_wall." If that box is checked then they will always be able to go into Yari Wall whether or not they have the ability defined in the unit_to_unit_abilities_juctions table. However, that should be unchecked by default anyway. If that box is unchecked and it's been removed from unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions then I'm not sure why the ability would still be usable, but here's another way to remove it (at least for the single player campaign, not sure about multiplayer and custom battles):

There is a field in unit_abilities called something like "Requires Effect Enabling." If you check that box (and "pike_wall" is NOT checked in unit_stats_land) then Yari Wall will be disabled. I've tested this and it works. In the single player campaign, Yari Wall will be disabled for all units unless you enable it ability via something like a general skill or trait or a technology. This is how Banzaii works, for example: it is added to sword units via unit_to_unit_abilities_junction but it has "requires effect enabling" checked in unit_abilities so that "Sword Expertise" must be researched before the ability actually becomes usable.