Thread: 3ds Max Scene Root

Default 3ds Max Scene Root

In regards to 3ds Max, I have issues attaching things from other models like belts, hair, and cloaks where it says the parent is the scene root. I can not build a model myself so I borrow parts to create a model, but scene root has stumped me.
    I normally attach things to a bone, as I am not experienced in scene root. Can anyone guide me, please?

Cheers
    Phil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (1).png  
    RIP Andy aka "Calvin",sorely missed by many.
    Hoping all of your guys and girls out there are OK and your family in RL?

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: 3ds Max Scene Root

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    In regards to 3ds Max, I have issues attaching things from other models like belts, hair, and cloaks where it says the parent is the scene root. I can not build a model myself so I borrow parts to create a model, but scene root has stumped me.
    I normally attach things to a bone, as I am not experienced in scene root. Can anyone guide me, please?

Cheers
    Phil
    Very simple: just don't attach stuff to it. Scene Root isn't a bone the way the others are.

The closest you'll get is bone_pelvis. otherwise, you'll just have to skin the relevant part (and again, never to scene root).
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Default Re: 3ds Max Scene Root

I appreciate the reply.

I am trying to merge parts from one model to another. I can attach bone connected objects, but taking as an example a cloak(parent scene root) from one model and adding it to a new model I am not sure how to do? On schematic view, it is to the right of scene root without attaching. I thought it was like a bone. Dummy me.
    RIP Andy aka "Calvin",sorely missed by many.
    Hoping all of your guys and girls out there are OK and your family in RL?