Thread: New DLC -

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default New DLC -

New DLC Fates Divided

DLC Steam:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...Fates_Divided/
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

About This Content

Determine the fate of China in the new Chapter pack for Total War: Three Kingdoms. Grow Yuan Shao’s mighty army or stand in his way as Cao Cao and use strategy to achieve the grandest of ambitions.

In the Fates Divided Chapter Pack you begin at 200 CE, a period that finds Yuan Shao and Cao Cao at a crucial turning point. These childhood friends have borne witness to each other’s growing ambition, but Yuan Shao’s patience with Cao Cao is fast coming to an end – a childhood bond is about to break.

Fates Divided includes significant improvements to several in-game mechanics, a new faction, and new units, as well as new playstyles for established factions.

A Unique Start Date
    The 200 CE start date throws players into a moment in history where the story’s main heroes are now developed and formidable forces. Will you continue Cao Cao’s march across the map or use Yuan Shao’s grand army to stop him in his tracks?

Whilst the conflict focuses on the warlords in the north, you can also play as characters such as Liu Bei and Ma Teng, helping them to achieve their lofty goals.

New Cross-Generational Faction
    Play as Liu Yan, a man of great ambition and strategy, as he attempts to establish a lasting legacy for his family. Make best use of Liu Yan’s aspiration mechanic to set the stage for Liu Zhang’s eventual inheritance, and reap the rewards of your father’s hard work, or watch as his best laid plans crumble under your care.

New and Varied Units
    With a host of new units for Cao Cao, Yuan Shao and Liu Yan, as well as the chance to gain the elite Northern Army units, this is a Chapter Pack that’s coming out fighting.

Mature Content Description

The developers describe the content like this:
    Gameplay consists of graphic and realistic-looking depictions of physical conflict, weapons and depictions of human injury and death.

FAQ:
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...s-divided-faq/
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS – Fates Divided FAQ

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS

Kate Fanthorpe
    February 25 2021

Languages

English

In the Fates Divided Chapter Pack you begin at 200 CE, a period that finds Yuan Shao and Cao Cao at a crucial turning point. These childhood friends have borne witness to each other’s growing ambition, but Yuan Shao’s patience with Cao Cao is fast coming to an end – a childhood bond is about to break.
    As well as including significant improvements to several existing mechanics, this brand-new Chapter Pack also includes:

• The tumultuous 200 CE start date
    • A new cross-generational faction playable in 190 CE, 194 CE, and 200 CE
    • Over 20 new units, including formidable Northern Army units
    • Unique missions and narrative events
    • Additional mechanics added to your favourite factions
    • New systems and mechanics to improve overall gameplay

For details and to watch the trailer, head over to the Fates Divided Steam page.
    What is Fates Divided?

Fates Divided is a Chapter Pack DLC for Total War: THREE KINGDOMS.
    What is a Chapter Pack?

Chapter Packs add new start positions and stories that cover time periods linked to the main narrative of the Three Kingdoms, tying closely into the content and features of the main campaign.
    When will Fates Divided be released?

The Fates Divided Chapter Pack will be released on the 11th of March 2021 at 15:00 GMT.
    Is there a pre-purchase discount?

Pre-purchase the Fates Divided Chapter Pack to get a 10% discount off the DLC’s normal price.
    When does it take place?

Fates Divided introduces a new playable start date of 200 CE, a period that finds Cao Cao and Yuan Shao in a struggle for dominance.
    Who are the playable warlords in Fates Divided?

We have added one new cross-generational faction:

• Liu Yan (playable in 190 CE and 194 CE) and his son Liu Zhang (200 CE)

The following original warlords have new starting positions in 200 CE:

• Cao Cao
    • Gong Du*
    • Mulu****
    • Liu Bei
    • Liu Biao
    • Ma Teng
    • Meng Huo****
    • Shamoke****
    • Shi Xie
    • Sun Ce***
    • Yuan Shao
    • Zhang Yan
    • Zheng Jiang

We’ve also added the following as playable characters in existing chapters:

• Ma Teng (182)
    • Yuan Shu (182)
    • Liu Chong (190)**
    • He Yi (194)*

*For players who own Yellow Turban Rebellion
    ** For players who own Mandate of Heaven
    ***For players who own A World Betrayed
    **** For players who own The Furious Wild
    What is the aim of the Fates Divided DLC?

For the Fates Divided DLC, we wanted to put players at a point where their favourite factions are well established, in a period in which tensions are running high. As well as managing the jostling powers surrounding their territories, players will need to pay close attention to their own territories to make sure they’re kept in check.
    What new units will be in Fates Divided?

Cao Cao and Yuan Shao will each receive five new unique units with this Chapter Pack, while Liu Yan will receive two.
    As well as these new units, players will also be able to recruit units from the Northern Army. The Northern Army will pledge themselves to either Cao Cao or Yuan Shao when their faction leader reaches rank seven. This will give them five Northern colonels, who can be assigned to characters to access the Northern Army Units.
    Only the character who has the colonel equipped can recruit the units, and once equipped the colonels cannot be unequipped. However, a colonel can be assigned to someone else if the character dies. You can also steal an enemy’s colonel if you capture the character after a battle.
    Will there be any free content with Fates Divided?

Fates Divided will bring with it a substantial cohort of additions and improvements to Total War: THREE KINGDOMS, all to be outlined fully in the coming weeks, and will be provided in the form of an update to the game regardless of whether the DLC has been purchased or not.
    In brief, the 1.7 update will introduce reworked faction mechanics to Cao Cao and Yuan Shao’s factions, as well as bringing in new mechanics and improvements to old systems such as a new faction council system, expanded faction ranks, and imperial intrigue.
    This update will also fix a number of other issues in the game.
    When will this free content be available?

The update will be released on 11th of March 2021 alongside the release of Fates Divided.
    Do I need to start a new save game to play this update?

As every DLC release comes with a cacophony of updates and improvements to the existing game, we always recommend you start a new save gave after updating the existing game.
    Will Fates Divided be released on macOS and Linux?

Yes! This will be coming after the release of the Windows version – stay tuned.
    For full details on everything included in Fates Divided, keep an eye on our social channels – and don’t forget you can get 10% off the launch price if you pre-purchase through Steam.

Last edited by Daruwind; February 25, 2021 at 10:03 AM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

RafSwi7's Avatar Content Staff
    Citizen

Default Re: New DLC -

So, no FLC faction but a lot of old characters will be playable in other start dates. Quite good IMHO.

FLC and even steam store is not yet up. There will be FLC, don´t worry

EDIT: seems this time there won´t be classical FLC but more inserted characters here and there...
    Last edited by Daruwind; February 25, 2021 at 10:25 AM.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Meh... pretty underwhelming IMO.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Trailer is really bad. Shame. Eight Princes and Mandate of Heaven are some of the best Total War trailers to date. Been downhill ever since.

So characters revealed either on the Steam page, stream, or youtuber:

• Emperor Xian

• Liu Yan
    • Fa Zheng

• Yuan Tan
    • Yuan Shang
    • Zhang He
    • Wen Chou
    • Yan Liang
    • Lady Zhen

• Cao Pi
    • Cao Ren
    • Yu Jin

I caught Yuan Xi still being generic on stream, so he's out. I'm going to go ahead and assume that Lady Zhen will be in just so they can have a female character added.

EDIT: Lady Zhen confirmed. As is Fa Zheng, apparently. I approve.

In what I can only assume was intentional, the reveal of Zhang He and Yu Jin makes every single one of the Five Generals of Wei into a sentinel.

I'm surprised Liu Yan isn't the FLC. He ticks the very obvious box of being available in 190.
    Last edited by zoner16; February 25, 2021 at 10:38 AM.
    My Three Kingdoms Military History Blog / Military Map Project - https://zirroxas.tumblr.com/
    Ask me a question!

To be honest, I found the tigers of the Nanman pretty funny, but that might have been unintentional. The 8 Princes trailer was better, although it gave me Mexican soap-opera vibes!

Anyway, the real question is this:

What's with Yuan Shao and checkers?

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    To be honest, I found the tigers of the Nanman pretty funny, but that might have been unintentional. The 8 Princes trailer was better, although it gave me Mexican soap-opera vibes!

Anyway, the real question is this:

What's with Yuan Shao and checkers?
    SeriousTrivia actually has a good breakdown on what's going on on the board in that scene at about the 4 minute mark here:

My Three Kingdoms Military History Blog / Military Map Project - https://zirroxas.tumblr.com/
    Ask me a question!

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

While there isn't a traditional FLC here, I think the Cao Cao, Yuan Shao and emperor mechanic reworks are quite big, so that's kind of the free part of this DLC. Would have hoped for another playable faction apart from Liu Yan/Zheng in the DLC (one of the Yuan sons maybe), on paper this one feels thinner than the previous chapter packs. But on the other hand we haven't seen everything it has to offer yet, a lot of badly needed portraits are getting added (my boi Cao Ren, finally!) and overall the new start date will probably have a lot of interesting stuff and updates under the hood that aren't fancy looking but will improve QoL, so definitely looking forward to this.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Genava's Avatar Senator

10$ for this? It should be a free DLC if they hope to reanimate the game and its community.

Edit: give us nomads CA, we want the Xiongnu.
    Last edited by Genava; February 28, 2021 at 05:41 AM.
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

A good breakdown video by Serious Trivia.

On a personal note, I'm really annoyed at the misrepresentation of the Northern Army. I don't mind the whole colonel as an ancillary thing, it's a decent system for allowing them to move around, but the units are bizarre. There's two grades of each for some reason, even though the most professional fighting force of Han was standardized and wouldn't have subdivided itself so pointlessly. All of them have bland titles, like "Northern Sabre Infantry" rather than their actual regimental titles, e.g. "The Footsoldiers." Finally, the actual unit types are off. There are three kinds of melee infantry (Ji, Spear/Shield, Sabre/Shield) instead of one, no ranged units, and nothing resembling the Chang River Regiment (which would've been comprised of auxiliaires).

Someone at CA seems to have just heard "Northern Army" and proceeded to make stuff up. It's probably why their video casters keep saying things like "sworn to protect the north," despite that not being their job at all.
    Ask me a question!