Quote Originally Posted by Bantu Chieftain View Post
    Can you stop destroying ports, this is ridiculous

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [HS] The Rise of the Beggar King

Indeed

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

This poor little thing is getting rather dusty.

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

Royal letter to Tywin Lannister for a peace treaty.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...38/unknown.png

If he agrees, write a post on it, Mergor.

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Yep, agree

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

This is completely invalid, and against lore, not to mention cannon. Tywin would never make peace, nor Jaime, to Robert Baratheon post him murdering Cersei. Both would see House Lannister burn to the ground before suing for peace. Never, ever, would this happen.

1). Tywin would never surrender to House arrest, even if he was losing a war and about to die; read the books.
    2). Tywin would NEVER send Jaimie, his heir, and prized pupil to the wall in any peace deal; read the books.
    3). Tywin would rather die, and burn his House to the ground before making Tyrion Lord of Casterly Rock; read the books.
    4). Kevan becoming the heir is irrelevant whilst Tywin and Jaime are alive.
    5). Tywin, nor Kevan in this fictional imaginative deal would agree to ship Lancel off to be a war (A.K.A Hostage)
    6/7). Lannister surrendering settlements to Tully, hasn't even lost a battle. Okay. Just lol.

This A) doesn't make any logical sense given that Lannister has not lost any significant battles, nor settlements, nor land; B) NOR is Tywin or Jaime deceased via killed in action/old age. Please explain how Tywin Lannister, the man who cares most about family, who started a war when Tyrion, a child he despises, was taken prisoner by Stark. Please explain how Tywin Lannister, the most feared man in all of Westeros, who prides himself of the FAMILY LEGACY would sue for peace with the man who just murdered his daughter, Cersei.

Please read the rule below. This is a polar opposite example of: Eddard being executed by Joffrey, but Robb accepting peace post his fathers execution. It quite frankly, doesn't even remotely make logical, or fictional sense.

"Roleplaying is not required, however, maintaining proper lore is required. If an action is deemed to violate basic cannon, ie: Eddard Stark is executed by Joffery Baratheon, and Robb Stark becomes an ally to the throne. Any instance felt to violate the above is at the discretion of the admin."

Last edited by Gimli; April 25, 2021 at 02:38 PM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli View Post
    This is completely invalid, and against lore, not to mention cannon. Tywin would never make peace, nor Jaime, to Robert Baratheon post him murdering Cersei. Both would see House Lannister burn to the ground before suing for peace. Never, ever, would this happen.

1). Tywin would never surrender to House arrest, even if he was losing a war and about to die; read the books.
    2). Tywin would NEVER send Jaimie, his heir, and prized pupil to the wall in any peace deal; read the books.
    3). Tywin would rather die, and burn his House to the ground before making Tyrion Lord of Casterly Rock; read the books.
    5). Tywin, nor Kevan in this fictional imaginative deal would agree to ship Lancel off to be a war (A.K.A Hostage)
    6/7). Lannister surrendering settlements to Tully, hasn't even lost a battle. Okay. Just lol.

This A) doesn't make any logical sense given that Lannister has not lost any significant battles, nor settlements, nor land; B) NOR is Tywin or Jaime deceased via killed in action/old age. Please explain how Tywin Lannister, the man who cares most about family, who started a war when Tyrion, a child he despises, was taken prisoner by Stark. Please explain how Tywin Lannister, the most feared man in all of Westeros, who prides himself of the FAMILY LEGACY would sue for peace with the man who just murdered his daughter, Cersei.

Please read the rule below. This is a polar opposite example of: Eddard being executed by Joffrey, but Robb accepting peace post his fathers execution. It quite frankly, doesn't even remotely make logical, or fictional sense.

"Roleplaying is not required, however, maintaining proper lore is required. If an action is deemed to violate basic cannon, ie: Eddard Stark is executed by Joffery Baratheon, and Robb Stark becomes an ally to the throne. Any instance felt to violate the above is at the discretion of the admin."

I agree with that notion (wouldnt use that much red tho)... think watching the show is enough to know this, one doesnt even need to know the bewks...

I should change colors, red is obnoxious, Parafix use to do that...oof

blue1924's Avatar Campidoctor

I agree with Gimli's points, and I think for further thinks of this magnitude (especially one this potentially controversial), it is probably best to run through the admins before putting it into action.

Imagine the following conversation.

- So there is an opening in a westeros hotseat for the Lannister faction, you interested?
    - Sure, how are they standing?
    - Well..., they are at war with Tyrell, Hightower, Baratheon, Tully, Stark, they are outnumbered around 3 to 1 probably and yeah I almost forgot, Greyjoy betrayed them recently.
    - Uh... Well surely, the player made many diplomatic mistakes?
    - Nope, they had no say in any of these.
    - Any allies?
    - Wellllllllll, Martell avoided helping the Lannisters, and Targ is on the other side of the map. And considering the Greyjoy betrayal, they now lost the sea too. But I mean, hey guy, you have Tywin, strong general, shrewd tactician, its a good spot!
    - I guess I could take it and make some kind of deal with my enemies to wait out another conflict?
    - Sorry nope....
    So, you'll take it?

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli View Post

Or maybe you are just desperate to win, previously complaining about my overpowered ships.

Littlefinger watching all this like ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bantu Chieftain View Post
    Or maybe you are just desperate to win, previously complaining about my overpowered ships.
    You're ships are overpowered. I'm not desperate to win in any regard. I just expect balance, fair play, and people abiding by the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    Imagine the following conversation.

- So there is an opening in a westeros hotseat for the Lannister faction, you interested?
    - Sure, how are they standing?
    - Well..., they are at war with Tyrell, Hightower, Baratheon, Tully, Stark, they are outnumbered around 3 to 1 probably and yeah I almost forgot, Greyjoy betrayed them recently.
    - Uh... Well surely, the player made many diplomatic mistakes?
    - Nope, they had no say in any of these.
    - Any allies?
    - Wellllllllll, Martell avoided helping the Lannisters, and Targ is on the other side of the map. And considering the Greyjoy betrayal, they now lost the sea too. But I mean, hey guy, you have Tywin, strong general, shrewd tactician, its a good spot!
    - I guess I could take it and make some kind of deal with my enemies to wait out another conflict?
    - Sorry nope....
    So, you'll take it?
    Lannister starts in a predicament, aye. However, you start with superior support, defensive positioning, economy, and nearby allies that can be dissuaded to support you. This is how it is in lore, but Tywin diplomatically mitigated his position. You had at one point nothing to worry about, you just had to sit and defend 1 tile ZoC settlements. Instead you went about making back door deals, and came across as untrustworthy to the wrong people (not me); there are numerous ways to go about trying to change your factions position and flexibility. You either A) could've worked with the admins to figure out the best way to ally, as you clearly can't do it with either Jaimie, or Tywin alive or B) kept your deal secret rather then publicize it to the everyone knowing full well it doesn't make any sense. I also don't understand how you think Martell could help you when I start with no standing army, and even then diplomatically would never ally with you given the bad blood between Lannisters / Martells.

Look at my faction Gimli.

Defensive positioning? On the coast, on the Tyrell front, on the Stoney Sept front? I have the same amount of starting armies as Tullies, but thrice the enemies. I have no hopes of winning on the sea against Greyjoy. All my neighbours have a better economy than me. I wasted 4000 gold on a mine which didn't work, and Jadli told me "eh, your fault".
    You have no context on my deals. You know full well that I was the only one in our group who tried influencing Greyjoy to be honorable and don't play a double agent.
    And everyone knows full well that I try winning hopeless wars out of spite, so if I straight up surrender, something is really bad. You could not sell my faction to someone turn 1 after the events happened even if you tried. That is telling.

And just saying, you had no issues with me working together with Targ. Now THAT was anti-rp.
    Last edited by Mergor; April 25, 2021 at 05:10 PM.