Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] The Rise of the Beggar King

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [HS] The Rise of the Beggar King [OPEN]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCC2CNS5lRQ - Good luck everyone! If anyone is interested in diplomacy? Feel free to message me! Lord knows that King Viserys could do with a few King's Guard!

This poor little thing is getting rather dusty.

Great succes! (borat quote)

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Regarding start up Baratheon/Stark events.

Bantu (Baratheon) decided for his faction that Robert Baratheon shall survive the hunting and therefore he remains the king of Seven Kingdoms (soon to be less I except ).

Keldo (Stark) decided that Hand of the King Eddard Stark shall reveal the truth about the royal lineage to Robert, and not warn Cersei Lannister.

Thus, in result Cersei is strangled by Robert, her and Jaime's children (Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen) are taken prisoners by Baratheon (as well as Lancel Lannister) and Stannis is the new heir to house Baratheon. (I suppose you can also do some RP about Robert's bastard sons). This happened after the the royal hunting, so Jaime and Ned already had already fought long before. Thus, by this time, Jaime is already about to take lead of lannister armies against House Tully. (unless the lannister player desperately wants Jaime in KL, so he would probably get executed ).

So this was the main starting roleplay impulse to get events going so there is now more than enough for everyone to start working on their diplomacy

We can leave other major events for later (a turn or two), such as Tyrion's fate, so we actually get going and dont spend all the fun during the first turn.

I will likely be able to start the hotseat tomorrow, though there are several things I need to look into first to set it up, so lets see.

Rules will also be slightly expanded/edited tomorrow.
    Last edited by Jadli; March 01, 2021 at 03:07 PM.

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

For clarity - House Lannister is now in an open rebellion against the throne. Tywin is allowed to barter for his grand-children's freedom but is not compelled to cease aggression.

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

That actually cleared some stuff up for me, thanks.
    I'll do diplomacy starting from today evening.

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

After a long night's drink, Robert decides what to do with the traitors within the Red Keep.

*Cersei's bastards are imprisoned in the Red Keep under heavy guard. One Kingsguard is always present there as well. Lancel Lannister is also imprisoned and his father Kevan is called to King's Landing in order to negotiate the life of his son and heir.

*Cersei's head is impaled in the center of King's Landing, every citizen can spit or take a piss on her head and receive 10 copper. Her body is burned in public under the guidance and supervision of the High Septon and the most devout.

*Eddard Stark receives a number of honorary titles and special thanks in his service to the realm, and the eternal friendship of the king. His position as Hand of the King is fully restored.

*Due to his rebellion, Tywin Lannister is stripped of all his titles and requested to surrender the Westerlands to the throne. The king will decide who shall become the next Warden of the West and lord of Casterly Rock. Otherwise House Lannister of Casterly Rock will be extinguished."
    Last edited by Bantu Chieftain; March 02, 2021 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantu Chieftain View Post
    The king will decide who shall become the next Warden of the West and lord of Casterly Rock. Otherwise House Lannister of Casterly Rock will be extinguished."
    Kevan?

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

**SENILE SCREECHING**

-Hoster Tully

Quote Originally Posted by Riverknight View Post
    **SENILE SCREECHING**

-Hoster Tully
    Hope Hoster can last a while longer, Edmure is too foolish to rule anything now.

Lmao

Jadli, when I told you to restard Westeros Awakens I, I did not mean this DDDDDDD

" Lannister. All my homies hate Lannister"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"A messenger arrives to King's Landing from House Lannister. For the King's eyes only. The message is short, and in as cold of a tone as if Tywin Lannister was reading it out loud.

Our armies are coming. You have failed as a King and a Ruler. Unless you want to alienate all the major Houses of Westeros and become as mad as your predecessors, keep your grandchildren safe. You have done enough damage by letting Ned Stark circulate lies about their parents. But hear me now, loud and clear: My daughter, Cersei, will be avenged. We'll meet on the battlefield."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post

"A messenger arrives to King's Landing from House Lannister. For the King's eyes only. The message is short, and in as cold of a tone as if Tywin Lannister was reading it out loud.

Our armies are coming. You have failed as a King and a Ruler. Unless you want to alienate all the major Houses of Westeros and become as mad as your predecessors, keep your grandchildren safe. You have done enough damage by letting Ned Stark circulate lies about their parents. But hear me now, loud and clear: My daughter, Cersei, will be avenged. We'll meet on the battlefield."
    A messenger arrives at Casterly Rock and hands over a royal letter.

"A house of traitors, backstabbers and self-serving turds. Your blond cünts won't save you anymore and you personally, will learn the same way Cersei did. Drop your arms and armor, come to King's Landing and bend the knee like you are used to."

Robert Baratheon, King of the Iron Throne.
    Last edited by Bantu Chieftain; March 02, 2021 at 03:58 PM.

"No."

Gaming Emeritus

Nice stuff bois.

Anyway, its time to begin this madness!

Robert Baratheon, King of Seven Kingdoms, is up! https://www.mediafire.com/file/5hy6z...eon_1.sav/file

Good luck to all of you, in this alternate version of ASOIAF. Perhaps our hotseat turns out better than the fan fiction tv show.

Now all the info:

Everyone please check the rules, as they were largely updated and expanded. There are also some relatively unusual things, so make sure to miss it.

The Decisions were included in the starting save - Jaime is in the Westerlands. The Hound escaped from Kings Landing to the lannisters, when Joffrey was imprisoned. Joffrey and his siblings are prisoners of Robert. I moved them to the eeastern corner of the map, so they dont possibly stand in way in the Crownands. They are not allowed to moved or attacked (they cant move anyway)

As this is mod is somewhat a beta afaik, I had to change relatively many things in regards to the starting positions:

I moved half of the lannister forces south of Stoney Sept (along with Jaime), for them to be actually able to accomplish anything against House Tully (hence the rule exception)

Stark already start with most troops gathered north of Moat Cailin. As otherwise with the recruitment times and the distance it would take them a long time to actually participate in anything. Bolton merged with Stark

House Hightower starts with significantly larger army.

House Targaryen already starts Golden Company (and Aegon) as part of its faction. They also starts with Pentos, Andalos, Teh Disputed Lands and Torture's Deep and a powerful navy, to be able to challenege baratheon OP royal ships. Alert will need to adress via RP what happens with Aegon (whether he is revealed at all,...

I also increased Iron Throne debt to Iron Bank to 40 000. (as considering their power, they would hav been able to pay it back easily on turn 2). Of course, the debt is tied to the Iron Throne, not house Baratheon.

I also let admin faction and Free cities as AI and frozen, so there are not unnecessary delays... If needed, I can log on to anyone's turn, or take control of the Free cities when Braavos would be in danger.
    Last edited by Jadli; March 02, 2021 at 05:03 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    Lmao

Jadli, when I told you to restard Westeros Awakens I, I did not mean this DDDDDDD

" Lannister. All my homies hate Lannister"
    I did nt start this nor assigned the factions

Though I'll for sure enjoy watching the victory that I was promised

Quote Originally Posted by Bantu Chieftain View Post
    *Eddard Stark receives a number of honorary titles and special thanks in his service to the realm, and the eternal friendship of the king. His position as Hand of the King is fully restored.
    **Insert Sad Stannis noises and brooming**
    Last edited by Jadli; March 02, 2021 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    I did nt start this nor assigned the factions

Though I'll for sure enjoy watching the victory that I was promised

**Insert Sad Stannis noises and brooming**
    Stannis the Mannis needs no medals or honors. He will make it big in the city.

Gaming Emeritus

I added links to player accounts into the OP. I also added discord links to the two people that likely wish to be notified via discord

Turn sent to Targaryanplayer

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Going forward, I'll be implementing a new rule within this hotseat. Due to the unpredictable, unbalanced, and overpowered nature of ships within this mod I will be putting forward a new rule. All naval battles should have minimum battle odds of 1:1 in all battles that involve more than five ships on either opposing side - this applies to all naval battles involving special warships, war galleys, and galley's. This rule cannot be by passed by using a fleet full of cogs to avoid being assaulted. Fleets that are under five ships may fight against other fleets under five ships freely without any restrictions.

For example: Hightower (4 Warships) cannot assault Tyrell (2 War Galleys, 8 Galleys)

This rule is being implemented because of the unbalanced nature of special ships present, four ships should not be equivalent to 12 or 16.
    Last edited by Gimli; March 04, 2021 at 09:43 PM.

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

This poor little thing is getting rather dusty.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast