Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [HS] The Rise of the Beggar King

Default Re: [HS] The Rise of the Beggar King [OPEN]

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli View Post
    Going forward, I'll be implementing a new rule within this hotseat. Due to the unpredictable, unbalanced, and overpowered nature of ships within this mod I will be putting forward a new rule. All naval battles should have minimum battle odds of 1:1 in all battles that involve more than five ships on either opposing side - this applies to all naval battles involving special warships, war galleys, and galley's. This rule cannot be by passed by using a fleet full of cogs to avoid being assaulted. Fleets that are under five ships may fight against other fleets under five ships freely without any restrictions.

For example: Hightower (4 Warships) cannot assault Tyrell (2 War Galleys, 8 Galleys)

This rule is being implemented because of the unbalanced nature of special ships present, four ships should not be equivalent to 12 or 16.
    The ship limit is pretty confusing and vague, could be easily exploited... Lets just settle for a battle odds limit requirement to be allowed to fight a naval battle (they use it in some communities anyway, such as the russian one, because naval AR is a bit funky).

1:1 is too high, lets say it should be 2:3 or higher for every naval battle (the russians use this limit)? The rule about heroic victories of course still stands.

There are some OP ships, but players cant get more of them. Royal navy is a Royal navy. Historically, it happened quite casually tbh, as technology is everything. Targaryen was given a significant fleet to stand some chance naval wise, but of course he can never win the Iron Throne without allies in Westeros.

Secondarily... you are not an admin ... so you cant add rules anymore. First talk to admins please (me or blue) or discuss it with players.

And Hightower broke a watchtower rule.... It is in a pretty bad spot (north/east of Oldtown) so he gotta replay, sadly. So heads up

EDIT

Also, dont forget Targaryen has about 5 strong armies with zero upkeep. Thats much a bigger advantage, considering most factions dont start wth an army, and it takes crazy amount of time to build one.

EDIT 2

And, I finalized how the Iron Bank works, so check the OP.
    Last edited by Jadli; March 05, 2021 at 03:51 AM.

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

Well, I suggested that myself and Baratheon were given ships of equal status to prevent such measures in the first place. It's not exactly fair that three ships can wipe out twelve, it's absurd and Gimli's suggested ruling rectifies that.

Also, the Targaryen Fleet which was added can still be wiped against said-navy, twenty ships sunken by five? Anyhow, I'd much rather not re-play given the time I spent on my turn, and given that Greyjoy has played too, surely a fine can be put in place?
    Last edited by Alertoverlord; March 05, 2021 at 03:12 AM.

This poor little thing is getting rather dusty.

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    The ship limit is pretty confusing and vague, could be easily exploited... Lets just settle for a battle odds limit requirement to be allowed to fight a naval battle (they use it in some communities anyway, such as the russian one, because naval AR is a bit funky).

1:1 is too high, lets say it should be 2:3 or higher for every naval battle (the russians use this limit)? The rule about heroic victories of course still stands.

There are some OP ships, but players cant get more of them. Royal navy is a Royal navy. Historically, it happened quite casually tbh, as technology is everything. Targaryen was given a significant fleet to stand some chance naval wise, but of course he can never win the Iron Throne without allies in Westeros.

Secondarily... you are not an admin ... so you cant add rules anymore. First talk to admins please (me or blue) or discuss it with players.

And Hightower broke a watchtower rule.... It is in a pretty bad spot (north/east of Oldtown) so he gotta replay, sadly. So heads up

Targaryen still has 20 ships. He must be immune to every faction fleet except for mine i guess?
    Way to conquer Westeros, Martell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantu Chieftain View Post
    Targaryen still has 20 ships. He must be immune to every faction fleet except for mine i guess?
    Way to conquer Westeros, Martell.
    Twenty ships which mostly don't even have half of the stats in comparison to yours, the faction also doesn't have access to war-galleys unlike everyone else. Tyrell, Hightower, and Greyjoy will likely be in the same situation if they were to use their navies on other players, which is why Gimli suggested the ruling.
    It would prevent everyone from dealing with such gibberish in the first place and be more fair for everyone involved.

Secondly, if you're 'complaining' about a mod which arguably is in very early-alpha. Perhaps we should start with factions earning 14k every turn?

Edit - Even before the HS began I had tested it. Three Unique Baratheon ships could take on quadruple their numbers and win, it would often be a heroic-victory, but given enough reloads it was a 'close victory' which would result in the sinking of over a dozen ships while the Baratheon fleet would only lose thirty men in comparison on one ship.
    Last edited by Alertoverlord; March 05, 2021 at 03:25 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Bantu, well, your ships cant be simultaneously in every place from Weeping Town to The Whispers, so its not like you are safe

turn send to targaryan (new save)

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [HS] The Rise of the Beggar King

Alright, this was added to the rules

To be allowed to fight a naval battle, you need at least 2:3 odds. You are allowed to use maximally two ships with total defence 20 or higher in the same battle (including allied navy).

The second part is to adress the OP ships issue, so that the OP stats dont stack together into the crazy power. Only factions that have three such ships are the Baratheons and Greyjoys, though it applies to allied forces as well.

Gaming Emeritus

reminder sent

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Srry, had already sent save to Gimli but didn't post in the thread. But yeah. Martell up!

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Tully

Blackhaven under siege.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gimli; March 08, 2021 at 12:26 PM.

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Icon6 Re: [HS] The Rise of the Beggar King

Stark!

Gregor Clegane has been defeated in the Riverlands! He managed to escape, but many of his men now will be forced to maintain Riverknight's aquatic museum. Tully, a fate worse than death!

The Riverlands sits in the middle of Westeros, foreign ravens constantly fly over our lands. Some of these ravens carry whispers that become fact when they're shot down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot 2021-03-08 201442.png   Screenshot 2021-03-08 201611.png  

Hey I'm still having trouble with sending turns on this but bantu has got his turn on discord if anyone wants it then DM me there and I'll try to get this sorted out in the meantime

Im needing a clear save...............

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ArpyFighter1 View Post
    Hey I'm still having trouble with sending turns on this but bantu has got his turn on discord if anyone wants it then DM me there and I'll try to get this sorted out in the meantime
    Well, its quite simple, just post a link to it, see how others do it. You can either use directly a link from discord, or just easily upload it to some uploading sites... No big, deal but for the next turn please provide a link

Its problem for example right now, because I cant access the save and clear it for Bantu (who somehow managed to forgot his password in one turn )

EDIT
    sent
    Last edited by Jadli; March 11, 2021 at 03:38 AM.