Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [HS] The Rise of the Beggar King

blue1924's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [HS] The Rise of the Beggar King

Arpy needed a cleared save and I was out of town yesterday. Just sent now.

bara up, this was a big one

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...oBK_Bara_9.sav
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...19011206_1.jpg
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...19012304_1.jpg
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...19012617_1.jpg
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...19013105_1.jpg
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...19014427_1.jpg

Lysa Arryn is dead, after several years of inconsistent physical and mental health she has flung herself out of the Eyrie's Moon Door to her death, during a moment of deep anguish only a few weeks after her marriage to Lord Petyr Baelish, who is now acting as the guardian and regent for the young Lord Paramount of the Vale, Warden of the East, Robyn Arryn. Lord Petyr and the other lords of the Vale were deeply shocked and mortified by Lysa's death and have come to the conclusion that her weakened mental state and subsequent death was brought on by her family and liege's treatment of her whilst she was in King's Landing. In short they and Robin desire revenge for the death of their loved one. Lord Royce has led his army against the treacherous Tullys and defeated The Blackfish in the fields South of Maidenpool. The Arryn navy chanced upon King Robert the Usurper unprotected on a small merchant boat subsequently sunk in the mouth of the Blackwater. The Usurper is dead, the Blackfish has been defeated, long live Viserys Targaryen, third of his name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Prince of Dragonstone!

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Lannister: *changes teams*
    Everyone else: *also changes teams*
    Oh sht, here we go again

(BTW, you can't see pics)

Also wait, Robert is dead?

FrostySOTF's Avatar Ice in My Veins
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Even if Robert isn't dead this hotseat is.

And yes those pictures and save need to be uploaded differently.

GG. No point continuing.

GG my ass, elect Joffrey as king and come and get me

Sorry, I was away for the weekend and then lost power when I got home last night.

1) Arpy you need to repost those photos, we cant see them (I have seen them, he sent them to me on discord before he posted the turn).
    2) In my mind, this hotseat feels effectively over. While I apologize to those players that haven't really had a chance to anything yet, its more than just the fact that Robert is dead. The Baratheon army is shattered, and that faction is ready to be turned ai and the targaryen alliance with Arryn is now too strong.
    3) Unless anyone comes to me with some decent RP reason as to why we would continue like some alliance to combat Targs, I don't see the point in continuing.

I am not trying to make the hotseat end, but I can tell you that Baratheon is going ai.

EDIT: If we are continuing, Baratheon turn ai Hightower up https://www.mediafire.com/file/ei14w...wer_9.sav/file
    Last edited by blue1924; June 22, 2021 at 07:45 AM. Reason: save

There was a Westeros Awakens hotseat where the Lannister-Frey alliance fought Tyrell, Renly, Stannis, Arryn, Stark. Basically the whole map vs Lannister. I was Lannister. The winner of the hotseat, no surprise, was the most active member from the anti-Lannister alliance. Yeah, and also, me. 5 Factions couldn't defeat my faction, so the admin agreed to make me winner too. Check the thread, or ask Jadli.
    I won't be surrenderring, and if ya all rather run then defeat me, you do you, but thats the cowards way out And I am not even alone now, I am on one side with Tully and Stark...

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

You assume that Tully and Stark feel like going down with the ship. I've spoken to King Viserys and he is more than willing to offer them generous terms to come back into the king's peace. In particular I hope that Stark takes him up on the offer, given our marriage alliance.

But yeah, happy to call this one. Seems mostly over to me (though I only fought one battle that consisted of me being ganked by Tywin ).

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Seems pretty premature to me... Its normal that main lore characters die soon in a HS...

This alliance formed during a turn or two, so pretty sure it can fall apart in a turn or two as well As there are still more than enough lore characters and houses on each side that really hate each other

FrostySOTF's Avatar Ice in My Veins
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

It had nothing to do with Robert's death and everything to do with the abysmal situation the previous Baratheon player left things in making the hotseat only winnable from a Baratheon standpoint if nobody betrayed me, somebody betrayed me - therefore I am out, the others are obviously welcome to continue but they will lose. It is inevitable. Especially with the Crownlands now being AI, it's just a charade at this point.

I think this scenario honestly deserves a redo lmao, but I’m not really for continuing on from here it’s just a cluster of betrayals at this point

1: also Arryn legit switching sides just because he can is on par with the peace with Lanny if not worse
    Last edited by keldo52; June 22, 2021 at 07:11 PM.

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

I'm all for continuing the HS. There's still plenty of interesting developments, but if the majority wish to see a conclusion? I shan't protest. At one point, it was just myself and Martell too, things can always quickly change. However, I would suggest that if there is the possibility of creating something interesting with the remnants of the Baratheon faction, perhaps given a region beyond the Wall, and its remaining characters/generals split among the loyalists.
    My sincerest apologies to Frosty, he took over the faction in a terrible position, in-game & diplomatically, so, I hope there is no hard feelings with the Arryn betrayal. It was planned long before he took over the position, and was merely a vital move in the war.

Edit - We could even do a time-skip if necessary. Ten or fifteen turns into the 'future' armies moved, income distributed, and borders changed, marriages made, traits given, and people dying of old age! Just an idea.

Stannis is now King too, unfortunately Shireen was left on Dragonstone, ouch. But Edric & Renly are still alive, Edric could easily be legitimized, he would only need a princess too. Lots of possibilities.
    Last edited by Alertoverlord; June 23, 2021 at 09:09 AM.

This poor little thing is getting rather dusty.

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Never lost the Riverlands, don't plan to. Let's keep this going.

Glad to see someone else not chicken out.
    Just give the remaining Baratheon lands to me or Riverknight

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by FrostySOTF View Post
    It had nothing to do with Robert's death and everything to do with the abysmal situation the previous Baratheon player left things in making the hotseat only winnable from a Baratheon standpoint if nobody betrayed me, somebody betrayed me - therefore I am out, the others are obviously welcome to continue but they will lose. It is inevitable. Especially with the Crownlands now being AI, it's just a charade at this point.
    Well, I was obviously talking about the HS in general. The HS is about every faction in the end of the day, not just Baratheons or targs, lot of RP left for a bunch of factions to do somth interesting...

I kinda dont get why did you guys wanted to join the HS, when you feel its finished after one major death/defeat...

Though, Baratheon should been left to be subbed by the The Hand of King, or an ally. Maybe blue should do that instead with the save? Just putting the faction AI is indeed not very good for the HS, just giving baratheon enemies land for free... If there is enough interest to continue...
    Last edited by Jadli; June 25, 2021 at 04:52 AM.

I’m down to continue, there is still some things left that we can do with this HS

i will say that I want a reason half the vale lords didn’t just revolt due to them being ordered to directly attack there liege lords uncle
    Last edited by keldo52; June 25, 2021 at 05:29 AM.

Lannister-Tully-Stark alliance
    Never thought I see that
    Say you'll continue Alert, surely you don't want a cheap win

Jadli, it isn't just a major defeat. The entire Baratheon stronghold, first of the Stormlands and then the Crowlands, has collapsed. Even if I subbed the baratheon turn, nothing is changing, nothing is savable. Robert dying was the icing on the cake as Frosty said.

Hotseats do not work if everyone blindly bends to one king. If the Lannister, Tully, Stark alliance wants to continue and see where things shape out, im all for it. But me wasting my time subbing to Crownland turns instead of making the ai is pointless. It is all free either way.

I kind of like a situation with a time jump like Alert mentioned. Not too far into the future, but enough to assemble new lore with new diplo to be done. I am up for setting that up if that is something the players are interesting in.

It does feel like if we just continue from where we are, we just have a slow burn to an inevitable result.

"to an inevitable results" haha
    Again, just let our alliance sub Baratheon, whats the problem with that?

If thats what you want to do, thats fine with me. I am willing to go with whatever the majority of players want to do.