Thread: California takes Jay walking seriously

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Default California takes Jay walking seriously

Jay walking is a serious crime don't ya know. I saw this and it reminded me of when I was issued a jaywalking ticket in San Diego a month before I went in the army many decaides ago.

https://michaelsavage.com/watch-warn...lking-stop/Jay

Everyone knows that California's top problem is jaywalking. It is something that must be brought under control. I was just passing through when I got my citation, but I didn't argue with the cops. A week later when I got back home to Texas a constable came by with an extradition notice requested by California if I didn't pay the ticket. Unbelievable!

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: California takes Jay walking seriously

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Jay walking is a serious crime don't ya know. I saw this and it reminded me of when I was issued a jaywalking ticket in San Diego a month before I went in the army many decaides ago.

https://michaelsavage.com/watch-warn...lking-stop/Jay

Everyone knows that California's top problem is jaywalking. It is something that must be brought under control. I was just passing through when I got my citation, but I didn't argue with the cops. A week later when I got back home to Texas a constable came by with an extradition notice requested by California if I didn't pay the ticket. Unbelievable!
    Maybe I should play a small stringed instrument for you. Know the state don't jay walk in Detroit either or just pay the ticket. Believable and fair. Amazing I once got a parking ticket in Montana. Guess they do care bout those silly yellow lines on the curb... It did not have a leave the state now not valid sticker on it. I also have recently gotten a strongly worded certified letter from the City of Seattle indicating thay really do care that I failed to put shinny disks in that little stand next to where I had parked and if I failed to pay now my fine would be elevated to a misdemeanor offense. Frankly I think i was raining to hard so I was surprised and rather appreciated the reminder since I never saw the ticket I imagine it disintegrated. But to be fair my wife was thought we fill the meter but I was confident sure it is a weekend and cold and a hard rain ... but I cool with paying for the risk.

Also low situational awareness much? It not like anyone is calling you in to 911 for jay walking. You rather have to do in front of a cop to get the ticket. Are you annoyed for the speeding ticket you get when you blow by the cop sitting in the school zone?

End of day if you can't do the time or pay the fine (or have a good lawyer on speed dial) don't whine about the crime.
    Last edited by conon394; February 20, 2021 at 04:42 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

In every civilizised country jay walking, if it's a danger for other traffic participants, is fined...

Certainly no limitation of our freedom.^^
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; February 20, 2021 at 04:17 PM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Maybe I should play a small stringed instrument for you. Know the state don't jay walk in Detroit either or just pay the ticket. Believable and fair. Amazing I once got a parking ticket in Montana. Guess they do care bout those silly yellow lines on the curb... It did not have a leave the state now not valid sticker on it. I also have recently gotten a strongly worded certified letter from the City of Seattle indicating thay really do care that I failed to put shinny disks in that little stand next to where I had parked and if I failed to pay now my fine would be elevated to a misdemeanor offense. Frankly I think i was raining to hard so I was surprised and rather appreciated the reminder since I never saw the ticket I imagine it disintegrated. But to be fair my wife was thought we fill the meter but I was confident sure it is a weekend and cold and a hard rain ... but I cool with paying for the risk.

Also low situational awareness much? It not like anyone is calling you in to 911 for jay walking. You rather have to do in front of a cop to get the ticket. Are you annoyed for the speeding ticket you get when you blow by the cop sitting in the school zone?

End of day if you can't do the time or pay the fine (or have a good lawyer on speed dial) don't whine about the crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    In every civilizised country jay walking, if it's a danger for other traffic participants, is fined...

Certainly no limitation of our freedom.^^
    Now that you have publically declared that you are fine with police harassing and shooting dead a black man for jaywalking on a street with very light traffic, I'm curious to know if you two guys were critical of police behavior in the George Floyd thread. If you did, please explain why it is OK to shoot a black guy for jaywalking in light traffic, but it is not OK to arrest a black guy for passing counterfeit money.

As far as my situation, it occurred on a Saturday morning and there were no cars whatsoever on the road.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Now that you have publically declared that you are fine with police harassing and shooting dead a black man for jaywalking on a street with very light traffic
    Wow let me get flashlight because the size of that straw man is so big I do believe its blotting out the sun.

Why bring up George Flyod without actually making the reference I suspect you are trying to make is to Kurt Andras Reinhold

https://fox59.com/news/national-worl...of-jaywalking/

So if I say I accept a citation for driving without my seat belt I am also saying black men should be shot by police for the same simple citation action? Is the proscribed penalty for jaywalking being summary executed - I think not and nothing I posted in any way supports your ludicrous statement.

As far as my situation, it occurred on a Saturday morning and there were no cars whatsoever on the road.
    You know I'll try that next time i get pulled over at about 3 in the morning for a rolling stop - sorry officer there was nobody on the road but you and I - you can't give me a ticket, now maybe if it was busy the law would apply.
    Last edited by conon394; February 20, 2021 at 08:04 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

I'm seeing the same thing all over the internet. The disaster in Texas has hurt some conservatives, so they are desperately sharing unrelated stories about California in a futile attempt to feel better about themselves. In this situation, the best thing to do is remind them that California and the other blue states provide red states with money out of pity, because they know red states and the conservatives in them cannot care for themselves and would completely collapse if left to their own devices, as Texas has proven.
    Last edited by Aexodus; February 20, 2021 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Insult

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Insufficient opening post. The opening post as explained in the rules of the mudpit should adequately frame a question, positions, links that work and a thesis that can be disputed.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.