Thread: Forcing the AI to transform a "castle type" settlement into a "city" one with a script? (Vanilla M2TW)

Warcrafthero's Avatar Centenarius

Default Forcing the AI to transform a "castle type" settlement into a "city" one with a script? (Vanilla M2TW)

Hello, i would like to know if it is possible to script this particular thing:

I would like to force the AI, during the Aztecs turn, whenever it conquers a "castle type" settlement, to convert that settlement into a "city" type by building one of the available buildings that are available in the "convert_to_city" section in the vanilla M2TW EDB.

So, if it conquers a wooden_castle type it will have to build the "wooden_castle_to_village" building and so on with the other levels. It is possible to script such a thing in the vanilla game?. I am using Gigantus's Bare Geomod.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Citizen

Default Re: Forcing the AI to transform a "castle type" settlement into a "city" one with a script? (Vanilla M2TW)

well, you could use the script command "create_building building_chain_name building_name"

I also assume that if you made the convert building to be only building that the aztecs can build in castles, they woudl eventually build it.

Default Re: Forcing the AI to transform a "castle type" settlement into a "city" one with a script? (Vanilla M2TW)

Hello Jadli, thank you for the advice; yes, the aztecs can only build the "convert_to_city" building in their castles but the AI seems to ignore it completely. I tried to create a script but it does not work, there is a mistake in the code?.

Code:
        monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName Toledo
            and FactionType aztecs
            and I_IsFactionAIControlled aztecs
            and SettlementBuildingExists = castle
            and I_SettlementOwner Toledo aztecs
            console_command create_building Toledo castle_to_large_town
            terminate_monitor
        end_monitor

Using the create_building command to add a wall building to a settlement doesn't result in the settlement being upgraded, so it doesn't surprise me that simply creating the conversion building also has no effect. Perhaps there is a command similar to upgrade_settlement that will convert between city and castle, but I don't know of any.

Does anyone know if 'convert_' is the hard coded part that allows the city-to-castle and vice versa buildings to work? This would be similar to 'temple_' and 'hinterland_' having hard coded properties. If this is indeed how it works, we could conceivably have multiple city-to-castle and vice versa buildings available.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Yeah, as Callistonian said. What you really need is a command to put the conversion building into the build queue. There's no way I know of to do that. It is the act of that building completing construction that triggers the change, and for that it needs to be in the queue.

I am sorry for the late reply but thanks everyone for your suggestions; i haven't found a solution so far, however, if i will find one i will post it here. +rep to you

bitterhowl's Avatar Centenarius

Am I wrong with add_to_building_queue command existing?

My sister, do you still recall
    The blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?

Because AI is dumb and full of errors.

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    Not directly but you can disable it via "filter_settlement_commands" so maybe you can use the scripts that let you click stuff on the UI Shell.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    There is an AddedToBuildingQueue event but no such command that I know of. I can't see it in the docudemons.