View Poll Results: What fantasy title do you want after Warhammer?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elder Scrolls

2 12.50%
  • Age of Sigmar

0 0%
  • Lord of the Rings

9 56.25%

1 6.25%
  • Game of Thrones

0 0%
  • Other...

4 25.00%

Thread: Next Fantasy Total War do you want after Warhammer?

Default Next Fantasy Total War do you want after Warhammer?

• Elder Scrolls
      Age of Sigmar
      Lord of the Rings
      Game of Thrones

or something else?

Please vote!
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; February 16, 2021 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Poll added.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Next Fantasy Total War do you want after Warhammer?

Firstly...40K as a fantasy? Plus you are missing 30K in that case

Then. Where are options as Witcher and Warcraft, Dragonrealm,.....
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

WarCraft !

LOTR seems like a good idea! I haven't played LOTR rts game since Battle for Middle Earth 1 & 2

Game of Thrones seems interesting too and can possibly make CA a lot of money.

I personally prefer LOTR

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Warhammer IV .

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

I voted for LotR because I'm a massive Tolkien-fan although I'm not sure it really fits the Total War formula well. The variety argument I've heard against it is of course nonsense as there is plenty of diversity to be found but much of the world is empty and many relations are all but set in stone. Moreover, the quest of the Ring itself is of course one of individuals rather than armies.

The First Age might be more fitting for a Total War game but it takes place over a long time and in this one there are fewer and less diverse factions. It's also a less known story, going for LotR is for a good part because of the sheer fame of the IP.

Whatever comes next, I do hope we'll see a Medieval III first.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

The Witcher world is a perfect setting for a TW game.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Also Conan could be a good choice.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    I voted for LotR because I'm a massive Tolkien-fan although I'm not sure it really fits the Total War formula well. The variety argument I've heard against it is of course nonsense as there is plenty of diversity to be found but much of the world is empty and many relations are all but set in stone. Moreover, the quest of the Ring itself is of course one of individuals rather than armies.

The First Age might be more fitting for a Total War game but it takes place over a long time and in this one there are fewer and less diverse factions. It's also a less known story, going for LotR is for a good part because of the sheer fame of the IP.

Whatever comes next, I do hope we'll see a Medieval III first.
    If the Amazon Second Age series becomes a big hit that era might become a good seeing, although it would still carry the same issue as the First Age; not early as well known as the events of the trilogy itself. Would be weird having a game set during the events of the books honestly, since the entire point of the plot kind of is that armies can't win the war; not sure how to translate that into a Total War game
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zderewolaz View Post
    Oh yes! A game taking place during the Hyborian Age...
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zderewolaz View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Oh yes! A game taking place during the Hyborian Age...
    That's actually a great suggestion, I would love to see that. LotR seems utterly hopeless given how stubborn and demanding the Tolkien estate is

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Does the Tolkien Estate even have any say in it though? I thought they only had the rights to the Silmarillion and the stuff which was released after Tolkien's death. The rights to LOTR and the Hobbit are in the hands of Middle Earth Enterprises afaik and the only thing they want to see is money, they clearly can't have too many demands with regards to the lore given the Shadow of War/Mordor games Warner Bros produced.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

I think the issue might be actually Tolkien Estate or cooperation with Middle Earth Enterprises. Before Christopher dead last year, the estate was pretty strictly against almost anything..currently the situation might be little warming (new tv series..). Problem is probably the cooperation as Hobbit/LOTR allows usage only of stuff inside the story but you cannot use lore from all around from Silmarillion and such. It is probably pretty hard to tell any new story without using elements from just one or another....

Honestly I hope that now with new series from Middleearth there might be possibility for CA/Sega to get license. They can put on table Warhammer success. But as well I can imagine that GW might be willing to do 40K or something else. Looks like cooperation between CA and GW is going well...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)