Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hungarian Cavalry in Tsardoms: Total War

Default Re: Hungarian Cavalry in Tsardoms: Total War

Yesterday I talked to a military historian about the Szekler cavalry armament of the Matthias era. After the conversation, I can say that the Szekler Horse Archers does not have to wear a shield, only a helmet, light armor, and a saber as in the pictures above.
    (I'm hungarian. My english is not so good. Sorry.)

Cuman Horse Archers
    They are good enough, but their weapons should be changed.
    They do not use shields in contemporary depictions.
    At present the Cuman Horse Archers use 17th century turkish sabre type. The Szekely infantry Archers 's sabre and Oikonomiai Javelin Cavalry's sabre would fit better to them. And maces were also widely used too.

This pictures depicts Cumans with maces in Hungary in the 14th century:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan1620.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	371.0 KB 
ID:	367384 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	703.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	367385

Cuman maces in Hungary in the 14. century:

Name:	14. század.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	367386 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13-14. száza.jpg 
Size:	327.4 KB 
ID:	367390 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13-14. század.jpg 
Size:	314.7 KB 
ID:	367389 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13-14. századba.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	398.7 KB 
ID:	367388 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14. sz második fele.jpg 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	367387

Historically the cumans merged into hungarian population, after the first half of 15th century the separeted Cuman military units have ceased.
    Last edited by Brezkimra; May 28, 2022 at 10:53 AM.

Hungarian Knights with axe and mace
    Currently, all versions of the Baronial Banderium use only sword. This is unhistorical. These frescoes were made between 1350-1400, and the knights depicted also carry an axe and a mace:

Karaszkó (Kraskovo, Slovakia):

Name:	1350-90 Karaszkó (Kraskovo)mace and axe.jpg 
Size:	418.1 KB 
ID:	367397

Bántornya (Turnišče, Slovenia):

Name:	1383-1393. Slovenia, Turnišče bárd.jpg 
Size:	1,004.1 KB 
ID:	367396

14th century pieces in a Hungarian museum:

Name:	14. sz eleje.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	367398 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14. század.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	549.1 KB 
ID:	367395

In my opinion some knights in the Baronial Banderium UG1 unit should get axe and mace.
    And I think some could get axe in Mounted Sergeants UG1 and Familiares Swordsmen UG1 as well.
    Last edited by Brezkimra; May 28, 2022 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by szikelkun View Post
    Those 3d units are maded for Battle of Kenyérmező, what is an upcoming hungarian historical animation battle movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3fMH5jjDFQ
    I'm wondering if these models were going to be originally released in the Magyar mod beofre the split of the team. Maybe are the same guys of this historical series about Medieval and Hungarian battles?:

https://youtu.be/w-YCvI_V7xc

https://youtu.be/gQAiPq0Rwqc

https://youtu.be/K3KiCZDq_C4
    Last edited by Rampante-Cid; May 29, 2022 at 03:22 PM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Most of those videos were made after the split of the Magyar mod team. The only things that they were going to release and they never did was the magyar cavalry. The rest was never meant to be released and was made purely for the historical videos.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Most of those videos were made after the split of the Magyar mod team. The only things that they were going to release and they never did was the magyar cavalry. The rest was never meant to be released and was made purely for the historical videos.
    True they stop modding in the real sense. They never released anything. Dome though gave me 10 horse skins but they needed a lot of work with MARKA normal map to look realistic.
    When TGC 1.0 beta will be released i will release a pack of horses half of Rusichi ones half of dome's including his wonderfull black stalion that made for me !

Painting the horse black though lost all its details. So i had to make several surgeries (nose, eyes etc) to make it look realistic.

Tsardoms mod will be the 1st mod that will recieve the horse pack.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    True they stop modding in the real sense. They never released anything. Dome though gave me 10 horse skins but they needed a lot of work with MARKA normal map to look realistic.
    When TGC 1.0 beta will be released i will release a pack of horses half of Rusichi ones half of dome's including his wonderfull black stalion that made for me !
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Painting the horse black though lost all its details. So i had to make several surgeries (nose, eyes etc) to make it look realistic.

Tsardoms mod will be the 1st mod that will recieve the horse pack.
    Beautiful horses!

By the way, the Magyar Mod team released three equestrian units, which are included in The Last Kingdom mod. They would look good in your mod. I like their leather armored heavy riders the best.

Beautiful horses!

By the way, the Magyar Mod team released three equestrian units, which are included in The Last Kingdom mod. They would look good in your mod. I like their leather armored heavy riders the best.
    I guess they would look nice but Magyars that will transform to hungarians are already made years ago. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...ew-The-Magyars
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I guess they would look nice but Magyars that will transform to hungarians are already made years ago. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...ew-The-Magyars
    Your Hungarian units are looking good! If they are not final, I may propose minor modifications to the models in the near future to make them more historically accurate.

Your Hungarian units are looking good! If they are not final, I may propose minor modifications to the models in the near future to make them more historically accurate.
    Csatadi and Dome were our advisors. TGC shows Mayars when they were still in the Dneiper river steppes....they are not Hungarians.
    edit: Can you upload some pictures of these units?
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; May 30, 2022 at 08:40 AM.

Csatadi and Dome were our advisors. TGC shows Mayars when they were still in the Dneiper river steppes....they are not Hungarians.
    edit: Can you upload some pictures of these units?
    When I wrote Hungarians, I thought of Magyars. In English we are called Hungarians, but we have been calling ourselves Magyars since the 9th century to nowadays.
    The whole figure depiction is very rare about the warriors of that era, but I can send pictures of surviving objects, and historical reconstructions whats made after written sources. But before that, I’ll finish the cavalry refinement suggestions for the Tsardoms team. Please be patient, I will posting in TGC topic side.
    Last edited by Brezkimra; May 30, 2022 at 10:58 AM.

Hungarian Horse Archers and Mercenary Hungarian Horse Archers

Even before the establishment of the Militia Portalis, there were always Hungarian equestrian archers, the sources also call them Tegzes. We know they also fought abroad as mercenaries too.
    In the second half of the 14th century, hired them by several Italian states, and they also fought in large numbers in the famous "White Company" mercenary army. We also know the names of the Hungarian mercenary leaders: Miklós Toldi, János Horváti, Simon Morócz, Simon Meggyesi aka "Simone della Morte" in italian sources.
    Unfortunately, I can't found these light horsemens in the mod.

(Mercenary) Hungarian Horse Archers between 1350-1400:

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	288.1 KB 
ID:	367433 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	457.2 KB 
ID:	367432 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	211.5 KB 
ID:	367431 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1383-1393. Slovenia, Turnišče 1 keretes.jpg 
Size:	290.0 KB 
ID:	367430 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1383-1393. Slovenia, Turnišče 2 keretes.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	720.0 KB 
ID:	367429 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Affresco nel Castello di Avio, Trentino- Italy.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	775.3 KB 
ID:	367427 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NAGY LAJOS KORABELI MAGYAR VITÉZEK..jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	367426 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	218900_1897-48_shmbam_C489.jpg 
Size:	592.7 KB 
ID:	367428 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	571.2 KB 
ID:	367425

Their weapons: composite bow, straight knightly sword or simple saber. Some of them wore conical iron helmet and leather or padded armor.

Instead of the Hungarian and Cuman horse archers, the Militia Portalis military system was established in the early 15th century.
    Last edited by Brezkimra; October 27, 2022 at 04:45 PM.

I think I have finished the historical Hungarian Cavalry presentations/suggestions for Tsardoms mod.
    You can find the other presentations/suggestions about them here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Hungary/page19

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123