Thread: PRUSSIA GRAND CAMPAIGN BUGS

Icon4 PRUSSIA GRAND CAMPAIGN BUGS

Hi guys, I asked this question to see if anyone noticed these 2 problems in the campaign with Prussia.
    The first is the "Classical Economics" mission that even after researching the technology or negotiating / buying with other countries the game does not recognize the completion of the mission. The second is the recruitment of the elite unit "Gardegrenadiere 1808". The problem is that, even after building the last-level barracks, researching the necessary technology and reaching the year, it is never possible to recruit this unit. Thanks in advance for your availability and I hope someone can help me find a solution. (I don't use other mods only bran mac battle submod)
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; February 14, 2021 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Letter size fixed.

Grumbler's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: PRUSSIA GRAND CAMPAIGN BUGS

Had the same problem with classical economics so I started over. This time instead of trading for it I researched it myself. Neither of them allowed completion of the mission.

Thank you so much for replying let me know if you can recruit the elite unit "Gardegrenadiere 1808".
    Please support this thread I hope someone will help us to fix these bugs and other in future because this is a wonderful project and cannot die like that!

#keepmasterofeuropealive

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I lost all my working files due to a double HDD failure, and I'm too busy with my warhammer mod to remade them all.

I'm very sorry about it, but don't expect a correction or a change from me before a long time. Probably never unless if CA makes a NTW 2.

Hi Steph, what I'm about to tell you is really serious and please read carefully.

I fully understand your intentions but I believe that today there are many people who love this game thanks to your mod and after 10 years they are still here playing it.
    This is the greatest project that includes every little detail on every aspect and is truly perfect.

To date the game has never aged and all this thanks to your contribution. CA I think he has no intention of bringing a new Napoleon for the next few years this is the only one we have and we must enjoy it because it is the only one of its kind there is no other competition.

This is why I have decided to support you in any way possible, even economically, I will open petitions and search for funds if necessary I want to participate and help you please do not ignore me. I'm ready.

#keepmasterofeuropealive

damien92@hotmail.it

Patrician Artifex

Unless you find a way to recover the data from my lost hard drives (no success so far, even with help of a few guys with some knowledge of it), and manage to make days 48 hours instead of 24, so I have enough time to work on it and still finish my Warhammer mod, it's unlikely I work again on this.

To tell the truth, I enjoyed working on MoE, and would have liked to finish the mod. But beside the loss of my files, and the lack of time, I also hit a technical barrier, with stuff which were not morking, like changing the map, and were very frustrating. I don't have these issue with Warhammer, which is much more modder friendly.

Maybe when my Warhammer mod is finished (but there's Warhammer III coming) I may come back to NTW, with new skills and methods that I could use to improve the mod, but it won't be before months if not years.

Steph, I have been playing your loving mod since it came out and I honestly tell you the mod is perfect it just needs to fix some stupid bugs nothing else.

MoE already has everything it needs, I fully understand what you are saying but I believe that, if you dedicate a last effort for this we will be really grateful and I am ready to give you an honest compensation. I think it's not vitally important if you temporarily suspend development of the Wharhammer mod to fix MoE.

Napoleon has been abandoned for too many years I think it is not correct to leave a large community in this way, we do not deserve it.

Thanks.

#keepmasterofeuropealive

damien92@hotmail.it

Patrician Artifex

The problems are the remaining bugs maybe hard to fix, we don't have good support tools from CA to do that, they can come from engine limitation (like the pb with city level 1 and 2 having a wall, it seems to be hardcoded), maybe some hardcoded things. So either they can't be fix,or they require a more significant changes, to redesign some parts, difficult to do with my working files where I kept track of everything. For example, should I need to add even one unit, I cannot reasily recompile the voices to make ti work well, I've lost the voice configuration files, and it was more than 70,000 lines.

And your comment about the relative importance of Warhammer vs NTW is purely subjective.

Hi Steph I just want to ask you a question, do you remember in which year the reform of the royal guard for Prussia took place? Because in 1808 the general reform for the army took place but not that for the Royal Guard which still remains unavailable for recruitment.

I'm trying to work around the bug with a tool I created to fix the problem but I don't remember the year or the period in which the royal guard units like Gardegrenadier 1808 are unlocked for recruitment. Thanks!