Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 73

Thread: [DISCUSSION] The Badge of Courage

  1. #1

    Default [DISCUSSION] The Badge of Courage

    The Badge of Courage
    A Discussion about the state of the badges for citizenship.
    First, this is not a new idea. Squid proposed a similar concept (unfortunately, I am too lazy to look for a discussion that took place years ago). I have the following proposal for discussion. Brief History.
    The original designation of citizenship was Civitate. Most were in the non- Total War area, otherwise known as the Common Community or CC. Later, it was proposed to reward Artifex modders with the Artifex Award/ separate "rank" the rationale for the Artifex badge was that modders who were contributing to the site were not getting recognized (outside of the Opifex) for their contribution. Since most modders did not qualify for the Civitate, the Artifex badge and rank were created. Later, it was associated with citizenship and the large awards became just an award rather designated as a rank (badge). So, Civitate became associated with the content (incorrectly with debating) and Artifex with modding. For citizens not fitting neatly into the two categories, the Citizen badge was created.

    Purpose:
    The Artifex started as an award for modding. In time, they thought it was worthy of citizenship, but many Artifex either does not want it because they do not want citizenship, or they choose it but have no interest in it. Why force a group to become a citizen when all they want is the recognition of their work? We give this option to Opifex, so there is no reason not to do with it for Artifex.
    Moreover, Artifex are now well represented (over represented) for citizenship. It is really in other areas that are not represented.

    Proposal
    The removal of the Artifex, Civitate, and citizen to one badge.
    The Artifex will become an award.
    I propose a three-tiered modding award.
    The 501 legio award, Artifex and Opifex
    Artifex (Silver?) -> Artifex (Gold?) -> Opifex
    I chose the three-tiered system because that seems to be the preference looking at the other awards (staff seems to be a five-tiered system).

    Proposals/ Patronizes
    A member being proposed/ patronize for the Artifex will have the option to choose citizenship.
    The Artifex will be a medium award.
    It is possible to have an Artifex Silver and Gold instead of the 501 Legio Award.
    Which badge, Civitate, or Citizen is a question of discussion. Citizen is clear, but Civitate was the original name chosen, so there is a historical connection.

    Different Emphasis- More "stinking" badges
    The Civitate as long been associated with debate" even though it repents all areas. There are other areas of contribution that is not represented. For example, creative writing. Apart from member contributing on official publication, this area of the site has gone unnoticed. Gaming (MP and role- playing as well. Ihave on two different occasion attempted to add such a badge. This is an area that still not being represented or recognized. If it worked for modders would a similar approach work for the as well.

    Radical Approach
    Onece upon a time, I promoted creating unique "areas of contribution." meaning, based on what areas of contribution you would belong to a subforum" based on your chosen usergroup. It is similar to a guild format. The rationale was that people mostly stick to their area. Within their area they can make their own recommendation on how it could best be run. They wouldn't need to be any formal proposal and the admin responsible for the area would/ could respond directly to the community concerns and suggestions. The Curia, despite some claims to contrary, would still function as a whole site area. The bonus is that the subforum would be visible for all to read, but only "citizens" would be able to post. This would help promote citizenship by piquing new members to that area of interest. My own criticism is that at the time, it would have been enormously beneficial as many areas were active. I do not know now.

    Patrician Class
    I like the patrician class concept, but I am not sure it is something that is needed. I would like to detach it from the Large award system and associated it with attitude and behavior. It seems the deserving awards winners are being unnecessarily entangled with disciplinary measures. Perhaps a significantly higher base post count, a much longer period without an infraction, etc.

    The initial grouping can be determined by Hex and thereafter members can be voted in by Patricians. However, I would have the current grouping in good standing to be grandfathered in. They won’t be anything more “special” about the class other than the fact they are “ultra exemplary” members.


    Just to reiterate, this is meant to be a discussion. So please no "support/ oppose" All are welcome to share their views. Let's try to build a consensus for the future.
    Last edited by PikeStance; February 12, 2021 at 12:54 AM.
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

    Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier


    Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers | House of Noble Discourse

  2. #2
    Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Administrator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    13,162
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    The idea has merit, though I am unsure of how well that does work with the current modding awards. At first glance I suppose it can fit as a medium award behind Opifex.

    I'd say if you're going for reduction/simplification though it should just be Citizen or Civitate as the one rank, not both. Either have all 3 distinctions as we do now or none beyond the singular simple one.

    Overall I don't know what may be best on that but feel there may need to be more specificity and distinction for it to work. I am not particularly attached personally to any specific rank, technically I have Artifex but I just don't care what distinction I have on a badge anymore. For some, that will matter though.

    Same with Patrician, I think what we have now is probably simple enough. I remember it used to be based on time in service and/or number of clients? Can't remember if there was more or less to that or if it was always together, it's all kind of a blur now. But I don't think moving towards giving patrician for good attitude and behavior is simplifying it, only making more legwork in how we decide what that is, and how that ties into citizenship standards...another debate that has been had plenty as of late. Best to avoid it and anything like the old senatorii class as well. Patrician seems pretty simple and few strings attached, barring the non citizen group part, and I think is best left untouched or done away with entirely and not in between.

  3. #3
    Akar's Avatar Psuedokhristos
    Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    16,100
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    Opposed.

    Horrible idea.

    Want to play TWC D&D? Click here | Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    If you'd like you see my graphics workshop click here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

    Proud Patron of Sara Temer and Cope






  4. #4

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    The idea has merit, though I am unsure of how well that does work with the current modding awards. At first glance I suppose it can fit as a medium award behind Opifex.

    I'd say if you're going for reduction/simplification though it should just be Citizen or Civitate as the one rank, not both. Either have all 3 distinctions as we do now or none beyond the singular simple one.

    Overall I don't know what may be best on that but feel there may need to be more specificity and distinction for it to work. I am not particularly attached personally to any specific rank, technically I have Artifex but I just don't care what distinction I have on a badge anymore. For some, that will matter though.

    Same with Patrician, I think what we have now is probably simple enough. I remember it used to be based on time in service and/or number of clients? Can't remember if there was more or less to that or if it was always together, it's all kind of a blur now. But I don't think moving towards giving patrician for good attitude and behavior is simplifying it, only making more legwork in how we decide what that is, and how that ties into citizenship standards...another debate that has been had plenty as of late. Best to avoid it and anything like the old senatorii class as well. Patrician seems pretty simple and few strings attached, barring the non citizen group part, and I think is best left untouched or done away with entirely and not in between.
    I agree with you. I personally display the Artifex badge, but I am not in any way attached to it. For nostalgic/ historical reasons, I prefer the Civitate badge, but i will be fine with Citizen if that is what is decided.

    Your memory is fairly accurate. It was based on post count, time a as citizen and approval by the uergroup (if memory serves as well).

    I don't mind leaving the Patrician as is, but i would hope he is kept in the perspective in which it was created.
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

    Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier


    Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers | House of Noble Discourse

  5. #5
    Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    At my tower deep in the dark german forest
    Posts
    4,825

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    After first reading i was thinking 'no', but on a second reading the idea is quite sympathic.

    Why? It would mean more awards aka more recognition for modding and those modders, who have fun in the 'IC. Ostrakon against the Arch Mage of the Anti Muggle Guild because of disruptive behavior in the pit' can still become citizen and enjoy the drama on this stage.

    And those who don't want citizenship, have still the award 'artifex' as compliment.

    A compliment like 'Darling, you look soo good tonight' is basically balm for the soul.

    And who doesn't like it if his ego is caressed.

    That patrician thing...

    In common understanding a patrician has obviously a certain noble behavior and education.

    But on the other hand, that is not my business...

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    So basically a good idea in my opinion.
    Stereotype fools
    Playing the game
    Nothing unique
    They all look the same
    In this sea of mediocrity
    I can be anything -
    Anything I want to be

    Arch Enemy - We will rise


  6. #6
    Flinn's Avatar Dude of Steel
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Censor Gaming Director

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    16,311
    Blog Entries
    34

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    I'll be straight: I don't see any benefit in it, it will be turning into huge role-playing around something that instead should be kept simple; also, it will create the necessity to do a lot of technical changes which are just but a waste of time and resources.

    ah, and modding is a contribution that is valid towards citizenship; if you want to make something tiered, keep the citizenship award separated and then tier up the Opifex, but actually this is already covered by the 501, isn't it?

    And if the problem is that modders don't want to be bothered by curial matters, to put it bluntly, all that you have to do is to talk to them and explain that they are in no way obliged to partake in any curial activity, period. I sponsored 4 artifexes this year, and none of them had even the minimum intent to bother about the Curia, but I spoke to them in clear terms and now they have their deserved award and if they want they can propose other worthy modders for the same award

    Honestly, most of the issue with people not wanting the badge is lack of information and correct insight and patrons not being clear in what they are actually offering to them
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

  7. #7
    Suspended by Request
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,851

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    Thats not a reduction, at all. Do you want a reduction?

    - Artifex badge: Basic award for people dedicated to modding.

    - Citizen badge: Basic award for those who contribute positively in any area of TWC.

    The administration decides who should distribute TWC awards or forms a committee dedicated to it. No more "expected behavior", no more extraordinary disciplinary measures, whoever wants to prepare a proposal for the administration can do so through the Q&S subforum. No more magistrates. The curia closed and archived.
    Last edited by makawa; February 09, 2021 at 04:23 AM.

  8. #8
    Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southern Sweden
    Posts
    5,133

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    This proposal are the worst proposal I have ever read, I mean why propose something like that when the Patrician class proposal passed a couple of years ago and AFAIK it's working.

    Should this happen the unique concept for TWC are gone for good, but I really doubt this will or can happen as long GED is the site owner.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.





    How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

  9. #9
    Suspended by Request
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,851

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    Wordiness. To change things so that nothing changes.

  10. #10

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    I'll be straight: I don't see any benefit in it, it will be turning into huge role-playing around something that instead should be kept simple; also, it will create the necessity to do a lot of technical changes which are just but a waste of time and resources.

    ah, and modding is a contribution that is valid towards citizenship; if you want to make something tiered, keep the citizenship award separated and then tier up the Opifex, but actually this is already covered by the 501, isn't it?

    And if the problem is that modders don't want to be bothered by curial matters, to put it bluntly, all that you have to do is to talk to them and explain that they are in no way obliged to partake in any curial activity, period. I sponsored 4 artifexes this year, and none of them had even the minimum intent to bother about the Curia, but I spoke to them in clear terms and now they have their deserved award and if they want they can propose other worthy modders for the same award

    Honestly, most of the issue with people not wanting the badge is lack of information and correct insight and patrons not being clear in what they are actually offering to them
    What I proposed in the OP does not change anything except give the Artifex applicants a choice to choose or not to choose citizenship. Why do they need to have large award before they can say no to citizenship? Worthness of citizenship is not being questioned or removed here.

    Technically, the Ligo stuff isn't tiered except by "color." It has the exact same requirements. Either all three is less than an Artifex or you have a defacto Artifex in everything but name.

    Like you, I have tailored my presentation to have modders accept the Artifex as is. Really, what benefit isn't to sell citizenship if they are not going to use it in any way.
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

    Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier


    Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers | House of Noble Discourse

  11. #11

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    This proposal are the worst proposal I have ever read, I mean why propose something like that when the Patrician class proposal passed a couple of years ago and AFAIK it's working.

    Should this happen the unique concept for TWC are gone for good, but I really doubt this will or can happen as long GED is the site owner.
    This is a discussion, not a proposal or amendment.
    I actually proposed the Patrician class.

    I do not understand your last line? I am not removing citizenship. I am only reducing it to what it was when it was first created. The Artifex started off as an award as I explained in the history part in the OP
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

    Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier


    Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers | House of Noble Discourse

  12. #12
    Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southern Sweden
    Posts
    5,133

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    What I proposed in the OP does not change anything except give the Artifex applicants a choice to choose or not to choose citizenship. Why do they need to have large award before they can say no to citizenship? Worthness of citizenship is not being questioned or removed here.
    You are wrong.

    Because, what I bolded, is already in place and the most recent example of that is Makanyane's Novus nomination.

    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...yane-for-Novus
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.





    How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

  13. #13
    Flinn's Avatar Dude of Steel
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Censor Gaming Director

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    16,311
    Blog Entries
    34

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Really, what benefit isn't to sell citizenship if they are not going to use it in any way.
    I don't see it as a problem at all; it has been so for ages, like that 80% or even more of those who have been awarded with the badge never bothered at all about the Curia, that's a matter of fact. Someone is still insisting that the Curia is attracting people because of the possibility to contribute.. BS, people are just interested in the award and the recognition, most of them at the least.

    You won't change 15 years of past curial history with an amendment to what an Artifex award is.. nor you won't change what the human nature is, sadly
    Last edited by Flinn; February 09, 2021 at 10:11 AM. Reason: damn, 3 typos were too much, had to edit them
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

  14. #14
    Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,305
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    As Flinn said, since we have the 501st medals, we kind of already have something for modders who want bling, but don't want citizenship, so I don't see what splitting off Artifex achieves here. I think people these days see Citizenship as the award, and if it's earned through modding, then the recipient is an Artifex. Rather than Artifex being an award that comes bundled with Citizenship.

    Always happy to hear thoughts about rejigging Patricianship. I don't see anything wrong with the current system, but I'm open to fun or creative ideas regarding it. Your idea here is a bit clique-y though, especially giving them exclusive voting rights over who can join, and that will ruffle a lot of feathers I think. And as Hader intimated, this probably isn't the climate for trying to tie it to behavioural standards, cause that's all a bit up in the air at the moment.

  15. #15
    Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    19,723
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    Your history of Artifex is wrong. And you want to create an award 'Patrician' for being a better 'ultra' citizen, implication that poor behaviour is okay you just don't get an extra special award for it.

    Jesus wept.

  16. #16

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    I don't see it as a problem at all; it has been so for ages, like that 80% or even more of those who have been awarded with the badge never bothered at all about the Curia, that's a matter of fact. Someone is still insisting that the Curia is attracting people because of the possibility to contribute.. BS, people is just interested in the award and the recognition, most of them at the least.

    You won't change 15 years of past curial history with an amendment to what a Artifex award his.. nor you won't change what the human nature is, sadly
    I am not sure why you would object to giving the modder a choice. If they want it, then they will take it and if they don't, then we did a good thing recognizing them for their contribution. if they don't actual care about the Curia, then why are we "blowing smoke up our butts hoping they secretly do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitai de Bodemloze View Post
    As Flinn said, since we have the 501st medals, we kind of already have something for modders who want bling, but don't want citizenship, so I don't see what splitting off Artifex achieves here. I think people these days see Citizenship as the award, and if it's earned through modding, then the recipient is an Artifex. Rather than Artifex being an award that comes bundled with Citizenship.

    Always happy to hear thoughts about rejigging Patricianship. I don't see anything wrong with the current system, but I'm open to fun or creative ideas regarding it. Your idea here is a bit clique-y though, especially giving them exclusive voting rights over who can join, and that will ruffle a lot of feathers I think. And as Hader intimated, this probably isn't the climate for trying to tie it to behavioural standards, cause that's all a bit up in the air at the moment.
    The system is cluttered. The Artifex is not being split at all. The 501 legio is reserved for any modder who has done less than someone considered for Artifex. The difference is that I am giving an opportunity for a member for Artifex to choose between having it has an award or citizenship and award, just like an Opifex has that choice.


    Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Your history of Artifex is wrong. And you want to create an award 'Patrician' for being a better 'ultra' citizen, implication that poor behaviour is okay you just don't get an extra special award for it.

    Jesus wept.
    Well I over simplified it. Artifex was a separate "rank," like Opifex etc. at that time. It was something offered to modders who do not meet the requirements for civitates.
    This is all open for discussion. We do not need the dramatics do we? After you are done comforting Jesus, please do share your thoughts.
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

    Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier


    Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers | House of Noble Discourse

  17. #17
    Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,305
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    The Artifex is not being split at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Also PikeStance View Post
    I am giving an opportunity for a member for Artifex to choose between having it has an award or citizenship and award

  18. #18
    Akar's Avatar Psuedokhristos
    Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    16,100
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    This is all open for discussion. We do not need the dramatics do we?
    When your idea is so dramatically bad I think that a dramatic and enthusiastic " no" is warranted from all parties.

    Seriously, this is a horrible idea.

    It was something offered to modders who do not meet the requirements for civitates.
    Oh, like how the 501st awards are right now?

    The difference is that I am giving an opportunity for a member for Artifex to choose between having it has an award or citizenship and award, just like an Opifex has that choice.
    Okay but.... why? What is wrong with the current system aside from the false "clutter" claim?

    The system is cluttered. The Artifex is not being split at all. The 501 legio is reserved for any modder who has done less than someone considered for Artifex.
    The system is too cluttered, so let's make it even more cluttered? Horrible argument.

    Stop proposing things just for the sake of proposing things...

    Want to play TWC D&D? Click here | Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    If you'd like you see my graphics workshop click here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

    Proud Patron of Sara Temer and Cope






  19. #19

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitai de Bodemloze View Post
    Hitai, right now, the modding awards are 'split" One a confusing set of modding awards with no clear definition on what is what. On the other side, is the Artifex, which is connected with citizenship.
    Why have "two" separate tracks?
    The proposal makes one simple track.
    There is one lesser award short of citizenship.
    The Artifex is still citizenship worthy, but we are giving them a choice to be a citizen or not. This is the same as the Opifex. Why do we have to wait until someone is an Opifex to say they can have an outstanding modding award without citizenship and make an Artifex required to be a citizen. If you are fine with giving one modding award without citizenship, why are you opposed to the other?

    Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    When your idea is so dramatically bad I think that a dramatic and enthusiastic " no" is warranted from all parties.

    Seriously, this is a horrible idea.

    Oh, like how the 501st awards are right now?

    Okay but.... why? What is wrong with the current system aside from the false "clutter" claim?

    The system is too cluttered, so let's make it even more cluttered? Horrible argument.

    Stop proposing things just for the sake of proposing things...
    It isn't a false clutter claim. it is cluttered.
    Citizenship needs to be something desired independent of the nature of the contribution. There is no reason to have an inconsistent approach, that is allowing the Opifex awardee the choice of citizenship but not the Artifex is inconsistent and perhaps unfair.
    Last edited by PikeStance; February 09, 2021 at 09:36 PM.
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

    Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier


    Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers | House of Noble Discourse

  20. #20
    Gaius Baltar's Avatar Roma in aeternum
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Temple of Jupiter
    Posts
    6,833
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: [DISCUSSION] Citizenship Badge Reduction Act

    Well, there is alot to digest here, I will point out one important statement in your proposal ...

    ....It seems the deserving awards winners are being unnecessarily entangled with disciplinary measures.
    Beyond the entanglement of the Patrician/Citizen class with the a large award conundrum, I think there needs be be a disengagement between the two because of this.

    (wrong thread)
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; February 09, 2021 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Add Information


    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

    Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers


Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •