Thread: RTW General and Lesser General culture / texture problem

Default RTW General and Lesser General culture / texture problem

Greetings, I'm making a mod on RTW and I managed to change the culture of Pontus (converted to greek culture), I changed some of its units but the General and Lesser General still remain in the original? I changed the Pontus over "descr_model_battle.txt", "descr_model_strat.txt" and "descr_sm_factions", everything happened but the general's view during the war and on the strategy map was still in its original view ... Why isn't it? I put the necessary files in the textures file. Please help me

Default Re: RTW General and Lesser General culture / texture problem

To what did you change the pontus general model and texture? From Pontus to Greek Cities? Technically you can just keep the same general as it still looks hellenic from what I recall. Could you post the text regarding the pontus general of all these three text files here? Then I can have a better look. Also please specify how you wish it is supposed to look.

Quote Originally Posted by KurdishNomad View Post
    To what did you change the pontus general model and texture? From Pontus to Greek Cities? Technically you can just keep the same general as it still looks hellenic from what I recall. Could you post the text regarding the pontus general of all these three text files here? Then I can have a better look. Also please specify how you wish it is supposed to look.
    Hello, I converted the image of the Pontus general to the Greek general ... For this, I added color on the file of the general of the Greek city-states and put this .tga file in the "textures" folder. I wrote what was required in all 3 text files, but not only the generals, there were others ... I am sending files you now.
    https://easyupload.io/hgupi6

Quote Originally Posted by inzibat View Post
    Hello, I converted the image of the Pontus general to the Greek general ... For this, I added color on the file of the general of the Greek city-states and put this .tga file in the "textures" folder. I wrote what was required in all 3 text files, but not only the generals, there were others ... I am sending files you now.
    https://easyupload.io/hgupi6
    Sorry I spelled it wrong. It wasn't worked just for the generals. The textures of other units I made worked.

there is another file that says what general and officer model is picked: descr_character, if you search for pontus you will get:

faction pontus
    dictionary 2
    strat_model sm_eastern_general
    battle_model east_general
    battle_equip gladius, chainmail shirt helmet and rectangular shield

as you can see you need to change these strat and battle model to the greek ones like greek_general instead of eastern_general for the battle model. Similar thing for the strat model.

I hope that helps!

there is another file that says what general and officer model is picked: descr_character, if you search for pontus you will get:

faction pontus
    dictionary 2
    strat_model sm_eastern_general
    battle_model east_general
    battle_equip gladius, chainmail shirt helmet and rectangular shield

as you can see you need to change these strat and battle model to the greek ones like greek_general instead of eastern_general for the battle model. Similar thing for the strat model.

I hope that helps!
    Very thanks dude, I finally fixed the problem... By the way, I want to ask you a little question, how can I change the expansionism of factions (AI)? For example, when I was making my mod, I saw that Rome did not attack the regions of Apollonia in Greece and the city of Messelina in Sicily, which were in the hands of the rebels, and they focused only on Gaul. (By the way, when I was making my mod I made a united/single Rome and for this I used the Julii faction.) And I also saw that Egypt was very expansionist, but the Parthians were not expansionist at all. How can I change these? For example, I want Rome to be expansionist, as in history, against Carthage (Mediterranean), Gaul, Spain, Greece and Anatolia. I want to slow Egypt's expansionism and to make the Parthians expansionist. What can I do? I would be very grateful if you could help me in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by inzibat View Post
    Very thanks dude, I finally fixed the problem... By the way, I want to ask you a little question, how can I change the expansionism of factions (AI)? For example, when I was making my mod, I saw that Rome did not attack the regions of Apollonia in Greece and the city of Messelina in Sicily, which were in the hands of the rebels, and they focused only on Gaul. (By the way, when I was making my mod I made a united/single Rome and for this I used the Julii faction.) And I also saw that Egypt was very expansionist, but the Parthians were not expansionist at all. How can I change these? For example, I want Rome to be expansionist, as in history, against Carthage (Mediterranean), Gaul, Spain, Greece and Anatolia. I want to slow Egypt's expansionism and to make the Parthians expansionist. What can I do? I would be very grateful if you could help me in this matter.
    Making a unified rome more aggressive is hard, the AI ussually doesn't fight a 3 front war, however... you can change the line 'preferes naval invasions' in descr_sm_factions.txt from no to yes so that the factions will attempt to sail accross the sea. I would also recommend using land bridges and win conditions such as capturing Carthage to give the AI more motivation. I do not have much experience as I mostly make small mods with only a few factions. There are a lot of other great mappers like Solon, el santo padre etc. who have more experience with these specefic things when it comes to historical accuracy and mapping.

Making a unified rome more aggressive is hard, the AI ussually doesn't fight a 3 front war, however... you can change the line 'preferes naval invasions' in descr_sm_factions.txt from no to yes so that the factions will attempt to sail accross the sea. I would also recommend using land bridges and win conditions such as capturing Carthage to give the AI more motivation. I do not have much experience as I mostly make small mods with only a few factions. There are a lot of other great mappers like Solon, el santo padre etc. who have more experience with these specefic things when it comes to historical accuracy and mapping.
    Thank you dude, I will try your suggestions now