Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amendment - Suspension of rank and loss of badge and color display ability

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Amendment - Suspension of rank and loss of badge and color display ability

Support.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Amendment - Suspension of rank and loss of badge and color display ability

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    What does that have to do with your statement that Patricians shouldn't have the purple name at all?

Do you even know what you're talking about right now?
    If you lost your citizenship and lost your purple name because of that, it already works. I really can't make that any simpler.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Okay but other patricians still have their purple name though....

You said that no patrician should have a purple name. What does that have to do with a specific person having their citizenship suspended?

And I didn't lose my purple name, I still have it.

What are you going on about?

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I already explained this. The "Purple" color is part of the usergroups for the large award recipients. The Patrician badge inherited the same color. The color is the result of the large award, NOT the Patrician class.
    Irrelevant, they will get their color back when they serve out their suspension. They still get to display the large award.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Blog Entries

Okay but other patricians still have their purple name though....

You said that no patrician should have a purple name. What does that have to do with a specific person having their citizenship suspended?
    Patricians should not have a purple name. As was explained to you several times Patrician is not a large award, it is another form of citizenship. I did not state that had anything to do with any specific, suspended, individual.

And I didn't lose my purple name, I still have it. What are you going on about?
    Yes you did, I'll assume when you had your citizenship removed, though you avoided the question and haven't confirmed that was the case. You got it back because of your Loincloth.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I did not state that had anything to do with any specific, suspended, individual.
    You did twice, actually.

If you lost your citizenship and lost your purple name because of that, it already works. I really can't make that any simpler.
    Did you have your citizenship suspended and lose the purple name?. If so, it already works.
    As was explained to you several times Patrician is not a large award
    Huh? I've never said it was?

Patricians should not have a purple name
    So I'll ask again, what are you proposing instead? It's just a badge with no special color? The same red citizen name?

Blog Entries

You did twice, actually.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by me
    Patrician shouldn't be part of the purple group.
    Simple.
    Huh? I've never said it was?
    I didn't say you did, and yet it was explained to you several times in you attempt to VonC the Consul. Do pay attention.

So I'll ask again, what are you proposing instead? It's just a badge with no special color? The same red citizen name?
    Yes, same red as any other citizen.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Nope.
    Yep.

I didn't say you did, and yet it was explained to you several times in you attempt to VonC the Consul. Do pay attention.
    So if I didn't say it, why was it explained to me?

This doesn't make sense. Want to give it another go?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

^^ Re-read the VonC you issued for a childish motive and you might get it. But I doubt
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 07, 2021 at 02:09 PM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hitai de Bodemloze View Post
    After looking into it the other day when the issue came up with Akar, the coloured names are attached both to the Patrician class, and to the large awards themselves. Essentially, if you have a large award, there are two ways in which you can display your name in purple - one being through the Patrician usergroup, and the other being through a non-citizen usergroup. Whilst I have no issue with the Curia's right to remove the first (as it already does), I don't agree it should remove the second, as it negatively impacts those who hold large awards but for whatever reason choose not to identify as Citizens/Patricians. Hence I oppose. If someone wants to argue that retired or renounced citizens can retain access to a purple name as a non-citizen, but suspended or ostrakoned citizens cannot, then I'll hear them out, but I think that would be a little cruel.

There's also the fact that a non-citizen Divus can still display their coloured name regardless, as that award isn't tied to Patricianship. Hence if they can do so, it's only fair/logical that other large award holders can do the same.
    This, and to reiterate what Iskar said - It works as it should.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Rush View Post
    Irrelevant, they will get their color back when they serve out their suspension. They still get to display the large award.
    well, as I said, the color is a result of the large award. The Patrician badge could just as easily be the same color as all of the citizen badge. Common sense have them as purple to align with the color already present by the large award recipient. The only way to remove the purple color is to remove the large award(s).

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    This, and to reiterate what Iskar said - It works as it should.
    I have to admit initially thought the "loophole" was that the Patrician badge was not being removed. Low and behold, the color is the issue. The only "solution" would be to remove the purple color for large award winners. Another side point is should large award winners be treated the same as citizenship? In order to be eligible for large award you have to meet the standard of citizenship. If you are incapable of maintaining that standard, then should you be allowed to display a large award? That being said Large award is far more content based than behavior and attitude. Plus, one could choose to not be a citizen. The Patrician badge removal, which is distinctive, should honestly be enough.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Another side point is should large award winners be treated the same as citizenship? In order to be eligible for large award you have to meet the standard of citizenshi
    Is this a serious suggestion or just a joke? I genuinely can't tell.

Is this a serious suggestion or just a joke? I genuinely can't tell.
    Sorry, I was referencing a previous discussion on this point in an appeal of a referral regarding a "Large award holder."

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

what?

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Support.

Food for thought however-the amendment in the OP as it is now only affects those who have received an infraction and been suspended from the Curia that way. What about those who have been ostrakoned? Should it be the same for them? For consistency I would say that it should.
    Last edited by Tango12345; February 08, 2021 at 08:41 AM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Support

also, this

What about those who have been ostrakoned? Should it be the same for them? For consistency I would say that it should.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Tango12345 View Post
    Support.

Food for thought however-the amendment in the OP as it is now only affects those who have received an infraction and been suspended from the Curia that way. What about those who have been ostrakoned? Should it be the same for them? For consistency I would say that it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Support

also, this
    As already explained... If Ostrakon, you lose the right to display all citizenship badges which includes the Patrician class. The color is part of the large award and has nothing to do with Patrician class.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tango12345 View Post
    Support.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Support

also, this
    I feel like you both have completely missed what an Ostrakon even is lmao

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

I think that Tango refers as well to the non citizen-large Award usergroup, which doesn't exist anymore (it has been replaced by the Patrician usergroup, actually), so what he is proposing is to double check on that, or so I interpreted his post.

However, I still support the OP
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

non citizen-large Award usergroup, which doesn't exist anymore
    I am currently a member of this group.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast