Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amendment - Suspension of rank and loss of badge and color display ability

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Roma in aeternum
    Blog Entries

Default Amendment - Suspension of rank and loss of badge and color display ability

Proposer: Nicholas Rush
    Support: Pikestance, Sir Adrian, Tango12345, Flinn

Adding language that removes the Patrician color loophole for Citizens who have their rank suspended. (Suggested language in red).

Section III - Ostraka and Magistrates

Article I. Ostraka

If a citizen receives an infraction the Consul suspends their citizenship until the infraction has expired or is revoked. The suspended member losses the ability to display all rank, including both Citizen and Patrician badges and color.
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; February 08, 2021 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Add Information

Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen Censor

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Amendment - Suspension of rank and loss of badge and color display ability

Opposed.

Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Proud Patron of Sara Temer, Cope, Gyrosmeister, and Geg

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Amendment - Suspension of rank and loss of badge and color display ability

There's no such thing as 'rank.' Citizenship is an award, the trappings are privileges of the award.

Other than that, it's a good idea.

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Opposed.

PikeStance's Avatar Assume Good Intentions
    Blog Entries

This should technically be done. The Patrician badge is tied to citizenship and a large award. If you lose either one, you lose the badge.
    Th actual term now is status. Patrician is an "honorary status" based on the above two criteria.
    In a nutshell, if you have large award and no citizenship, you are not a Patrician
    If you have citizenship, but no large award, you are not a Patrician.

But, if there is some sort of assumed loophole, it should be removed. So I support, though it should be unnecessary.
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following - PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, Swiss Halberdier, and Frodo45127

Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers | House of Noble Discourse

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Opposed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitai de Bodemloze View Post
    Opposed.
    I have never understood why some people take the trouble to write this without adding a few words explaining why. If you dont want to discuss it just vote no if the occasion arises.

ranks aside, seems like a logical addition. If you are (temporarily) not a citizen, you should not be able to show any sign of being one.
    So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. (Revelation 3:16).

Opposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Opposed.
    Now I understand. The mere weight of your name will make other citizens also oppose.
    So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. (Revelation 3:16).

Blog Entries

Just to reiterate; If you lose your citizenship either through suspension or Ostrakon, you lose your Patrician badge.
    The Constitution uses the term; Classes, not rank.

As Per Constitution
    Citizenship is the fundamental award given1 by the Curia for contributions to the site and community of TWC. There are two classes of Citizenship:

The first is that of Citizen, which members of can display one of the following badges: Artifex, signifying modding contributions; Civitate, signifying writing and debating contributions; and Citizen, signifying both or other contributions.2

The second is that of Patrician, which is an honorary class of Citizenship reserved for those who have received a Large Award(s); Opifex, Phalera, Asterix's Loincloth, and Novus.
    If a citizen receives an infraction the Consul suspends their citizenship until the infraction has expired or is revoked.

If you lose your citizenship you lose the right to display ALL citizenship badges.
    The propose line (if corrected to say "classes" instead of rank") is actually redundant.

EDIT: Color would also have to edited out as well. Color is actually tied to the award.
    Last edited by PikeStance; February 07, 2021 at 06:55 AM.
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following - PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, Swiss Halberdier, and Frodo45127

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Messiah
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by makawa View Post
    Now I understand. The mere weight of your name will make other citizens also oppose.
    In the most positive observation of it it might give the proposer a rough idea of how well liked his idea is before the poll goes up. For instance if you make a suggestion and more than half of the Citizenry has opposing views you might consider not going to a vote and save everyone the trouble of a vote that is doomed to fail, thus saving time. You might call me naive but that's just how one can see it.

Chapter XXXI: Éomer Returns
    #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForCal #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForAthelchan

You talk about opposing views. I dont see any view when someone post "opposed". Zero feedback. I appreciate your feedback, but I dont want to go off topic, so I will not discuss this any further. Thanks for your pov anyway.
    Last edited by mishkin; February 07, 2021 at 05:27 AM.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Messiah
    Civitate

Someone doesn't need to explain why they are opposed, though it would be nice if everyone always did. In case of those that just say opposed I would deduct from that that they are just opposed to the entire thing taking place. Not everything needs to be nuanced, though again it's nice if everyone gives an explanation for everything but it's very tiring.

Edit: This is also the last thing I'll say about it.

Chapter XXXI: Éomer Returns
    #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForCal #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForAthelchan

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by makawa View Post
    I have never understood why some people take the trouble to write this without adding a few words explaining why. If you dont want to discuss it just vote no if the occasion arises.

ranks aside, seems like a logical addition. If you are (temporarily) not a citizen, you should not be able to show any sign of being one.
    After looking into it the other day when the issue came up with Akar, the coloured names are attached both to the Patrician class, and to the large awards themselves. Essentially, if you have a large award, there are two ways in which you can display your name in purple - one being through the Patrician usergroup, and the other being through a non-citizen usergroup. Whilst I have no issue with the Curia's right to remove the first (as it already does), I don't agree it should remove the second, as it negatively impacts those who hold large awards but for whatever reason choose not to identify as Citizens/Patricians. Hence I oppose. If someone wants to argue that retired or renounced citizens can retain access to a purple name as a non-citizen, but suspended or ostrakoned citizens cannot, then I'll hear them out, but I think that would be a little cruel.

There's also the fact that a non-citizen Divus can still display their coloured name regardless, as that award isn't tied to Patricianship. Hence if they can do so, it's only fair/logical that other large award holders can do the same.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Magistrate

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Quote Originally Posted by Hitai de Bodemloze View Post
    After looking into it the other day when the issue came up with Akar, the coloured names are attached both to the Patrician class, and to the large awards themselves. Essentially, if you have a large award, there are two ways in which you can display your name in purple - one being through the Patrician usergroup, and the other being through a non-citizen usergroup. Whilst I have no issue with the Curia's right to remove the first (as it already does), I don't agree it should remove the second, as it negatively impacts those who hold large awards but for whatever reason choose not to identify as Citizens/Patricians. Hence I oppose. If someone wants to argue that retired or renounced citizens can retain access to a purple name as a non-citizen, but suspended or ostrakoned citizens cannot, then I'll hear them out, but I think that would be a little cruel.

There's also the fact that a non-citizen Divus can still display their coloured name regardless, as that award isn't tied to Patricianship. Hence if they can do so, it's only fair/logical that other large award holders can do the same.
    I agree and I don't think there is an actual loophole to close here. Everything works as designed.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Blog Entries

Patrician shouldn't be part of the purple group.

Simple.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Roma in aeternum
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post

Simple.
    Agree with that.

In any case, a member suspended from the citizen ran should lose the ability to display all badges and colors associated with the rank of citizen, both confirmed by the curia and by honorary assignment. As it is, simply changing colors when suspended makes a mockery of the process.

Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Patrician Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Simple.
    Simple enough that you should be able to explain how that would work, then?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Rush View Post
    Agree with that.

In any case, a member suspended from the citizen ran should lose the ability to display all badges and colors associated with the rank of citizen, both confirmed by the curia and by honorary assignment. As it is, simply changing colors when suspended makes a mockery of the process.
    I already explained this. The "Purple" color is part of the usergroups for the large award recipients. The Patrician badge inherited the same color. The color is the result of the large award, NOT the Patrician class.

Patron of
    _Tataros_

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Simple enough that you should be able to explain how that would work, then?
    Did you have your citizenship suspended and lose the purple name?. If so, it already works.

Patrician Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Did you have your citizenship suspended and lose the purple name?. If so, it already works.
    What does that have to do with your statement that Patricians shouldn't have the purple name at all?

Do you even know what you're talking about right now?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast