Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer III announced.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Warhammer III announced.

Kiysliyev marches with ice sleds, demon slamming witches, very angry bears and more.
    Last edited by lolIsuck; May 18, 2021 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Fixed youtube vid

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Needs a thicker Slavic accent for Katarin.

Kislev are going to be pretty damn badass, that's guaranteed now. I'm loving the trailers, do hope we get some more in-depth info on the faction, in the form of a blog perhaps, soon as well.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Very nice trailer, I'm really looking forward to playing them.

Am I the only one who immediately thought about this when watching the trailer?

In case somebody did not notice these already

Two short trailers, the first one being pretty meh for me and the second one is somewhat exciting.

I'm not a Chaos fan myself and I'm pretty much done with Kislev vs Khorne now. It's basically a teaser trailer but for stuff we've for the most part already seen so where is the tease there? A roster reveal next to Skarbrand being confirmed (which we already knew due to the leaks so less hype there) would have been ok. Now it was just the red daemons murdering the not-Slavs in the cartoon hell we've been seeing for a while rather that the other way around. Perhaps one or two new Khorne units in there but as I said I'm not a Chaos fan so all I can recognise are red daemons in a red environment.

The DLC teaser is better as it shows (obviously) new stuff. A bit sad it's only a teaser rather than a full trailer but with the release still 6 weeks away that's understandable. I guess they wanted to give us something for the Skulls for the Skull Throne event there and this is a lot better than just confirmation that Beastmen will get a rework. Like with Chaos I also don't care for Beastmen but it's nice for their fans and the game that they get a rework and new content. Oxyotl is a surprise though, had expected him to arrive somewhere in WH3 if he showed up at all. It'd be interesting to see what new units the lizardmen get, OP chameleon skink unit incoming?

Patrician Artifex

Full Kislev faction revealed

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...roster-reveal/

Some are complaining... but I like the sarcastic answers to some of the critics from forums

Speaking of Khorne I just want Valkia the Bloody. Fortunately GW isn't going to turn down any girlpower in this day and age, though I don't care for most of the female characters in lore.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Patrician Artifex

We already know she shouldn't be there at start. CA is probably saving her for a LP.

I am a bit concerned since the roster is not as big as the other rosters (only 25 units), but I guess its a lot of work since they do 7(?) factions that game starts with. Still a bit disappointed since there is no more human militia level units or ungols or anything but those maybe saved for DLCs i guess.

Patrician Artifex

The roster is actually more or less the same as Empire, Skaven or HE at start. They may seem a bit bigger, but they are artificially inflated with some variants, like Silver Helms or Lothern Sea Guards, with or without shield.

Patrician Artifex

Are the players interested in Warhammer III dead? Or is the forum dying, at least this section?

There are very few comments, by very few people. Two roster reveals. The Q&A done by CA. A blog about battles... And no comment at all. There was a front page invite to discuss news... But no discussion.

In the mod section, I'm starting to be afraid to go there, because of the Echo...echo..echo... Everytime I post pictures or news, I feel so lonely in that big empty halls... Like a ghost haunting a placed deserted years ago.

I think the Total War forums has not been very active in some time in regarding to some games, only some certain mod forums are quite active. But you also need to remember that there was Corona lockdowns before and now they have been lifted in many places and there is the hottest summer now so people must be outside and on their vacations right now But they will be back when new set of lockdowns come in the near future.

Patrician Artifex

We have been more or less in lockdown for 1.5 years, and I didn't see any increase of activity during this time. On the opposite. It's not something recent.

Activity on TWC has been in decline for a very long time and the new games are sadly not very popular here, Warhammer possibly even less so than the historical titles. There is also a small argument to be made that CA hasn't really done the best job marketing-wise in the last few months and there is thus little to actually discuss here but that's in no way the big reason why it's so quiet here.

Never thought I would see Jabberslythe

Patrician Artifex

And Gorghon, Coatl, Troglodon...

And 5 different Ogres completly unexpected in Warhammer II

Many exciting units indeed. But Ogres now as well? I think the release FLC race for Warhammer III must be the Ogres for sure now, not Chaos Dwarves

Patrician Artifex

It's not a race.

Great Bray Shaman as lord, a dwarf as LL (name not sure yet), and "reinforcement units", as Ogres.

Mechanism; there 's chance an "ogre camp" spaws anwyhere after a battle, razing, etc. And if you send an army there, you could convince them to join your mercenary ppol, where you can recruit them after.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Last edited by lolIsuck; July 02, 2021 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Fixed youtube vid

Patrician Artifex

Most of this is looking very nice. But I'm a bit concerned with the Ogres. Having them for all factions seems a bit weird, and I hope you can decide to attack them instead of recruit. Let's wait a bit to see if when going to their camp you have different options, hopefully faction based, with different possible results.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast