Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer III announced.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Warhammer III announced.

November does seem like a fair date tbh. And aye, DoW sounds like it'd do great coming in later, as a sort of "best of" pack
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Building defensive structure

Patrician Artifex

Apparently this leak was too soon... Images and thread about it have been removed from CA official forum

Patrician Artifex

Gameplay reveal :13th May

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

In other good news (for the fandom) CA accidentally leaked the trailer on the official Facebook page. It has been taken down since then, but a few anonymous heroes managed to already record it.

Patrician Artifex

Saw it. I'm not sure it is what was announced for tomorrow, because it doesn't look like a gameplay teaser (i.e. no gameplay), more like a trailer.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

We just got official trailer at youtube
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Very cool. I do hope we get to see stuff other than Kislev and Khorne soonish though.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Saw it. I'm not sure it is what was announced for tomorrow, because it doesn't look like a gameplay teaser (i.e. no gameplay), more like a trailer.
    We were going to get a gameplay teaser and a trailer, this is the latter. The gameplay teaser is the thing that got leaked last week.

Last edited by cenkiss; May 13, 2021 at 01:20 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Impression so far.

- I like the Kislevites and Khorn units (except maybe size of the horses).
    - Not really fond of the Tzarina ice sliding... It would be OK in a snowy map in Kislev, but right in the middle of Khorne's home with fire everywhere... it's a bit silly.
    - Some changes in the UI are welcome, mostly the small shield showing which units are braced for example. And the stats/abilities changes are nice to make it clearer to identify and understand
    - I like the new "wound" abilitiy for single entity. I think one of the first thing I'll mod is make it more progressive, with light wound at 75%, moderare wound at 50% and heavy wound at 25%.
    - Fire effects are nice too.

About deployables:
    - not convinced yet. We lack information to know if they can be used in regular and/or siege battles, or only survival. I like that you can deploy defenses like this, and that you have several options. But I don't like that it takes only 10s to build. And apparently they just magically grow... including behind ennemy lines!
    - I think it would be better if they are deployed only in game set up. For regular battles, you could deploy them fully if you are in a defensive stance, not at all in ambush, and in other battle, have them partially build: you define the position during the battle setup, but then they take sometimes to be built.
    - It would also be better if the deployables required a unit actively working on it to build them. During this time, the unit cannot fight and is vulnerable. An attribute could be added to units, so they can build them faster (kind of engineer units). And this would mean it's not possible to have them magically pop up: you need to have a unit next to the building spot to get it, and you need to protect it.
    - I think 10s is way to fast and arcady, it should take longer to deploy.
    - But... we are in the realm of chaos, where the standard logic may not apply... Maybe you can open a kind of tear in reality to have the towers, prebuilt in the real world, appear in the realm of Chaos... Let's wait and see what CA has done with deployables for other battles.

About upgrade in battles
    - We didn't get much information about it, so I'm waiting a bit to get more details. But I don't like that you can do it right in the middle of the battle. I don't really see a lore or even logical reason for that. It has some potential, but not like that. Instead, what could be done, is use this "upgrade" pannel to select option during battle set-up, like: will the unit fight on foot / mounted? will it use greatweapons or small weapon + shield ? Will it use regular arrows or fire arrows? And once it is selected, you cannot change mid battles
    - Heal units in battle: I'd rather have it for units not in contact with ennemy...

About reinforcement:
    - I like the idea that you could get reinforcement for some battle points cost, and arriving via portals.

Other info (from a French youtuber who actually played the game)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBEgpoEcIyA
    - It is possible to take a unit, damaged, as long as it has at least 1 HP, and teleport it back to a kind of reserve, where it will slowly heal, and then you can call it back to the battlefield. It can be called as reinforcement, but at no cost.
    - Infinite wind of magic for survival battles, so spells spellls and spells!
    - Units are reacting much better to the orders they get. For example, in Game 2, if you ask a uit to move somewhere, it can take time to turn first, then move, or time to cross another unit... In Game 3, the unit will start moving immediately, and turn progressively if needed. In the same way, cavalry would disengage much faster and easier from a melee than in previous games.
    - New UI customization (when hitting the spacebar). Including selection outilines, and occlusion outilnes to see selected units behing walls /trees
    - When selecting several units of different types, and dragging to place them, they would automatically get in a logical formation (like Spearmen in frontline, with archers behind). And you can customize what type of formations you want.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Ah too bad they decided to go for a more fantastical approach for the Streltsy, I think I would have preferred the history inspired Bardiche leaning musketeer -style more. But after my first reaction they start to look kinda cool in their own way

Patrician Artifex

I like them. Kislev in Not-Russia Not-Poland. So I think having the Streltsy as a combination of Musket / Bardiche, but as they did with this combined weapons, and a more medieval/fur looking armour is a good decision. That's not European Total War v2.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by lolIsuck; May 16, 2021 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Spoilered massive image

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dumanthis View Post
    Ah too bad they decided to go for a more fantastical approach for the Streltsy, I think I would have preferred the history inspired Bardiche leaning musketeer -style more. But after my first reaction they start to look kinda cool in their own way
    They do look really badass. The ER: Kislev mod has the more historical streltsy with them using the bardiche to rest their guns on btw.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Gods I love history, thank you for this picture Where is it from?

Quote Originally Posted by Dumanthis View Post
    Gods I love history, thank you for this picture Where is it from?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinter...ck_rifle_in_a/

[QUOTE=cenkiss;16025398]
    [/H]
    Here, the barrel hole is on the axe side like it should be. Meanwhile WH3 Streltsy's rifles make them at risk to commit suicide accidentally. I don't really like the idea. I'd prefer berdiche and handgun much more.
    It all looks too much hollywoodish. I don't feel the warhammer here so far.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast