Thread: Makedon ruling greek

Default Makedon ruling greek

So my Makedon campaign as usual i have manage to conquer whole greek but something i'm actually strrugling with is how Makedon would actually rule them?

Currently my Makedon kingship has yet been triggered, i'm still getting raided by thrace but Epirus, Koinon Hellenon (except Rhodes) and Aitolia have been conquered and most of my general hate hellenes.

How would the state of Makedon in such a situation?

Default Re: Makedon ruling greek

They'd rule them ungraciously, looking down on the effete Greeks who can talk, but not fight, and lord it over them at every opportunity. That's how most of them appear to have behaved.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    They'd rule them ungraciously, looking down on the effete Greeks who can talk, but not fight, and lord it over them at every opportunity. That's how most of them appear to have behaved.
    So if Makedon decisively defeat and conquer Greek i would just build strategos in whole greek region rather than hellenic administration and tax them as high as possible?

And there is also Epirus which i'm not sure should make a puppet or treat them as i would treat Greek

Epirus and Makedon had dynastic ties (except not for Antigonids and you play Antigonids as Makedon) and cultural similarities (both Doric Greek kingdoms). In case one took over another it'd be either personal union between kingdoms or merging into one. Pyrrus technically was a king of Makedon, albeit briefly.
    Furthermore, I believe that Rome must be destroyed.

Pyrrhus was too busy trying to be king of everywhere to be king of anywhere long.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Camcolit View Post
    Pyrrhus was too busy trying to be king of everywhere to be king of anywhere long.
    What shows the greatness of Seleucos and his descendants: they tried to be king of everywhere, and they succeeded for a very long time.

Seleucos *tried* to be the king of everywhere and got assassinated for it. Though some historians believe he always intended to rule from Macedon and leave his territories in Asia to Antiochos.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!