Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Dardo's Alternative Economy versions

Default Re: [Submod] Dardo's Alternative Economy versions

Hey dardo thank you for your work I encountert a bug in your new updated version 1 (first link) when using it with DEI 1.2.8 3.Sept.
    When playing the mauryan empire the starting general has the wrong bodyguard unit (Mauryan Heavy Swordsmen) instead of(Mauryan Imperial Guard)
    the general can also switch to reform/wrong units (indo hellenic hoplites, numidian slingers) and reform units are available for recriutment from the start
    It is also possible to recriut swordsman in the stables line of buildings and horsemen in the barracks
    If I find more bugs ill report them here
    Thanks for your time

speaking of which, this mod is for some reason adding Nabataean Thureophoroi to Masaesyli (Numidian) roster

And Nabataean pikes, and Kushite generals...

Also for whatever reason something in the mod is messing with my Population script submod, no matter how high I put my Pop submod above it on the mod manager list. What is doing this and why?
    Last edited by AndariusHaliusScipio; September 30, 2021 at 09:11 PM.

The mod does not add any units to a faction, the only reason it could be interfering with your scripts is the money, seleucid, capital movement or population script. I've redone those, but apart from that, there is nothing in it that would interfere with either the reforms or unit allocation.

Hey Dardo thank you for your reply unfortunately I still have the same problems after uninstalling rome 2 / deleting the folder in steam and the creative assembly folder on my hard drive and unsubscribing from all steam mods I also tried to disable all mods but DEI and your economy mod
    I switched the load order from after DEI to load before DEI in the steam mod manager and the rome 2 mod manager sadly still the same result with the switched/wrong units

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    The mod does not add any units to a faction, the only reason it could be interfering with your scripts is the money, seleucid, capital movement or population script. I've redone those, but apart from that, there is nothing in it that would interfere with either the reforms or unit allocation.

i don't know what to tell you (or even me). Using your latest AE, I get these unit roster errors. Not using it, I don't. I use an older version of your AE without issue, too.

The population thing was related to the Tax penalties in this mod, too. They were lower than base DEI. I had to remove them manually.

This is basically what it's doing to Numidia. This is the same save game on the same turn number. Top pic is with older AE, bottom pic is with current version of AE

and a different army

Last edited by AndariusHaliusScipio; October 07, 2021 at 05:06 PM.

Tal-In-Galumir's Avatar Libertus

I identified the cause for the roster issues as described by Scipio. It appears that the eastern unit table has the assignments of units and land units scrambled (db/main_unit_tables/aCORE_Eastern), e.g., Aet_axum_nobles are assigned the bel_archers land unit.

It can be fixed by opening both the alternative economy as well as DeI part 1 packs in the pack file manager, and copying all entries in the Land Unit and Num Men columns from the DEI pack's CORE_Eastern table into the alternative economy pack's aCore_Eastern table (before doing so, sort both tables by the Unit column). If performed correctly, the names of Unit and Land Unit should match in all rows.
    Last edited by Tal-In-Galumir; October 31, 2021 at 03:58 PM.

Thank you very much for your work Tal-In:Galumir

Hi im currently having similar problems with some rosters, the numidians is one of them but also the armenians, were some of their ussual roster has disappear and changed with other units, and many other factions appear to have units they shouldnt, like seleucids, the nomadics tribes and others.

Just to be safe i did reinstall everything including main mod and left only main mod and tried it with every version of this one and its definitly the alternative economy

Quote Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
    Hi im currently having similar problems with some rosters, the numidians is one of them but also the armenians, were some of their ussual roster has disappear and changed with other units, and many other factions appear to have units they shouldnt, like seleucids, the nomadics tribes and others.

Just to be safe i did reinstall everything including main mod and left only main mod and tried it with every version of this one and its definitly the alternative economy
    The fix I described in my previous post should fix that. If you are not confident in editing the file pack file yourself, I could over to share the fixed version here, but I would need to check whether I have made further edits to that beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tal-In-Galumir View Post
    The fix I described in my previous post should fix that. If you are not confident in editing the file pack file yourself, I could over to share the fixed version here, but I would need to check whether I have made further edits to that beforehand.
    Hey thanks for the response, ill be honest if you wouldnt mind doing it sure, ive never used pack file manager nor done anything like that. If its too much trouble though dont worry and ill give it a shot cause i need this mod, just cant play with out it.
    Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
    Hey thanks for the response, ill be honest if you wouldnt mind doing it sure, ive never used pack file manager nor done anything like that. If its too much trouble though dont worry and ill give it a shot cause i need this mod, just cant play with out it.
    Thanks!!!
    Alright, well here you go. To anyone else reading this, this is my personally updated version of Dardo's !!@@@alternativeeconomyexp.pack file with no alterations other than my attempt at fixing the mismatched unit entries causing the issues as described by Scipio and Oryx (the details of the fix may be found in my previous post above).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11f9...ew?usp=sharing

@Dardo in case of future mod updates, feel free to apply this fix, I would be glad to have helped :-)
    Last edited by Tal-In-Galumir; January 25, 2022 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by Tal-In-Galumir View Post
    Alright, well here you go. To anyone else reading this, this is my personally updated version of Dardo's !!@@@alternativeeconomyexp.pack file with no alterations other than my attempt at fixing the mismatched unit entries causing the issues as described by Scipio and Oryx (the details of the fix may be found in my previous post above).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11f9...ew?usp=sharing

@Dardo in case of future mod updates, feel free to apply this fix, I would be glad to have helped :-)
    Hey it worked, thank you so much dude you saved me!!! Really got too use to this mod and love playing with it it just spices campaigns up

Hey all, I've uploaded a work in progress for all 3 versions, all new buildings should hopefully have their building costs increased properly, still need to adjust the new units, this will take more time since the unit tables also have been reorganized, so i'll probably have to redo all of(or most) of the roster's costs.
    Last edited by Dardo21; February 13, 2022 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Hey all, I've uploaded a work in progress for all 3 versions, all new buildings should hopefully have their building costs increased properly, still need to adjust the new units, this will take more time since the unit tables also have been reorganized, so i'll probably have to redo all of(or most) of the roster's costs.
    Can't wait this submod to get updated. I'm really can't play DEI without this new economic system)

kapiszon10's Avatar Libertus

Dardo, how is the update going?
    Do you need some help maybe?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Would be nice to see an update, when Dardo is ready ofc

Hello all, redid the entire unit costs for Greek, Barbarian and Eastern cultures, as well as the new naval units please let me know if there are any missing units, and make sure to load the file above the base files or any other mod that overwrites the main_unit tables (except for my alternative version of UMC's legions mod).

Thx for doing this! Updated files in the first post?

Yes, links working links are hopefully in the first post, let me know if there are issues with the unit costs not being overwritten, I could let the tables directly overwrite the ones in DEI, but that would decrease compatibility in the future.

Also, small update, the unit upgrades have had some changes that I had missed it seems, so these have been fixed as well for all 3 files.

Does anyone know if any of these 3 versions work with the popular Roman Legions mod?

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...?id=1869459017

I know the Roman Legions mod units are based off of the base DEI legionaries, and have the same base costs. But I'm not sure if alternate economy will treat them as base DEI roman units because of this, and properly change their recruitment or upkeep costs, or if alternative economy will treat them as separate units and therefore not change the costs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast