View Poll Results: Shall Wallachian Walk into the Citizenry?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 95.65%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

1 4.35%

Thread: [Artifex] Wallachian (Patron: Abdülmecid I)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default [Artifex] Wallachian (Patron: Abdülmecid I)

Dear citizens of the Curia,

I had noticed Wallachian since my early days in Total War Center inside the modding fora for Medieval II. I really appreciated his polite demeanour and of course his tireless work in modding the game that is widely considered as the jewel of the series. A couple of weeks ago, following 12 years of development and quite a few changes in the composition of the team, Tsardoms was finally released! Like every major overhaul, Tsardoms is the result of a team effort, under the leadership of Wallachian. Tsardoms focuses on a relatively neglected period of human history, that of late Medieval Eastern Europe and Anatolia. It gives to the player the opportunity to simulate the rise of the Ottoman and Hapbsurg Empires or actually play as a small Italian Republic or a Turkish Emirate. In the section below, Wallachian provides a detailed summary of his contributions to the mod, but I would also like to underline that Wallachian would be, in my opinion, an excellent contribution to the body of TWC citizens. Modding, research and frequent interactions with the community are the pillars of our site and what distinguishes us the most from the rest of Total War related groups in social media platforms. Contributors like Wallachian are the past, present and future of TWC.

Client's paragraph
    Basically, my whole activity on TWC started in 2009 when i registered to comment on the Tsardoms Total War forum. Slowly i started writing more and more stuff for them and was included in the team as research staff. Initially I designed the roster for the Swiss faction, wrote all the texts for it etc. With time more and more members of the Tsardoms team left and gradually I was left as the oldest member and hence became the mod leader.

As i mentioned, I have been a TWC member since 2009 and have been very active ever since. commenting and participating pretty much every day. I would like to try and contribute more to the website as it has been the home of Tsardoms and is the best place for Total War on the internet.

Throughout the years I pretty much led the development of the mod even though i have very little modding knowledge. However, i dealt with everything which included historical research, writing unit texts, faction texts, preview texts, event texts as well as public presentations and public relations for the mod. I also researched and designed rosters for several factions. In addition, i dealt with all staffing issues, recruitment, mod presentation (i maintain the mod's moddb and facebook pages).

A faction by faction summary from Tsardoms would be:

- Ragusa - wrote unit texts, wrote faction intro texts, wrote public preview texts
    - Bosnia - wrote unit texts, wrote faction intro texts, wrote public preview texts
    - Hospitallers - designed unit roster, wrote unit texts, wrote faction intro texts, wrote public preview texts
    - Timurids - designed unit roster, wrote unit texts, wrote faction intro texts, wrote public preview texts, wrote series of Timurid event texts
    - Venice - wrote unit texts, wrote faction intro texts, wrote public preview text
    - Genoa - designed roster, wrote unit texts, wrote faction intro texts, wrote public preview text
    - Florence - designed roster, wrote unit texts, wrote faction intro texts
    - Sicily - wrote unit texts, wrote faction intro texts
    - Naples - wrote unit texts, wrote faction intro texts
    - Moldova - designed roster, wrote unit texts, wrote faction intro texts, wrote public preview text
    - Golden Horde - designed roster, wrote unit texts, wrote faction intro texts
    - Austria - designed roster, wrote unit texts, wrote faction intro texts, wrote public preview text
    - Bavaria - designed roster, wrote unit texts, wrote faction intro texts
    - Albania - designed roster, wrote unit texts
    - Athens - wrote unit texts, wrote faction intro texts
    - designed roster and wrote unit texts for all mercenaries in the mod
    - designed AOR system on the map
    - researched populations and settlement sizes for most of the settlements on the map
    - designed provincial title system, researched titles for every settlement on the map, wrote texts for them and wrote manual
    - wrote texts for several in game scripted events (invasions, rebellions, spawned stacks etc.)
    - researched the family trees and characters on the map for all factions except serbia, bulgaria and bosnia
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; January 28, 2021 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Links added.